Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Missed the news that IDW was going to be doing Knight Rider? When does this hit?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Question for all of the Transformers fans on here:

Where should I start?

I'd like to get into the Transformers comics but it appears IDW has a couple of on-goings. What's good? What's the best jumping on point? It might be worth mentioning I really have no pre-existing knowledge of Transformers outside of the Michael Bay movies (I know, I know) so I'm as fresh as can be.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    Question for all of the Transformers fans on here:

Where should I start?

I'd like to get into the Transformers comics but it appears IDW has a couple of on-goings. What's good? What's the best jumping on point? It might be worth mentioning I really have no pre-existing knowledge of Transformers outside of the Michael Bay movies (I know, I know) so I'm as fresh as can be.
    A good starting point is The Death of Optimus Prime: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:..._Optimus_Prime
    That one leads directly into the two current ongoings, Transformers: More than Meets the Eye, and Transformers: Robots in Disguise (recently renamed to simply The Transformers).

comics aren't just f kids

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    It seems Atomic Robo has come to IDW http://www.amazon.ca/Atomic-Robo-Eve...2&keywords=IDW
    oh how happy am I? I love my Robo, and so stoked to see they are just carring on from the last story arc that red5 published.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
    A good starting point is The Death of Optimus Prime: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:..._Optimus_Prime
    That one leads directly into the two current ongoings, Transformers: More than Meets the Eye, and Transformers: Robots in Disguise (recently renamed to simply The Transformers).
    Thanks! I'll give it a look.

After the very successful Jurassic World movie, why hasn't IDW announced any new JP comics yet?

Incredible Member

^Probably let the license to the property expire, since none of the projects were particularly that well received. Or maybe Jurassic World is considered another license entirely separate from the original JP franchise. So a whole set of new negotiations have to made over it.

Yeah!!!! Just saw the December solicits and everyone's favorite "jet setter" The Rocketeer returns!!!! The Rocketeer:at war; so stoked; got my preorder in at my LCS. Plus Judge Dredd returns as well; unfortunately without the great Duane Swierczynski
    As Writer. But Mega city one returns, so I'm happy.

Diamond has the Steranko Cap/Fury Artist Edition slated for Nov, 25. Fingers crossed (only 6 months late now)

Since IDW is currently publishing Disney titles, wouldn't it be great if they released an ongoing Goof Troop comic series?... Remember the cartoon?

Just read Rocketeer at War #1; and while the story is nice enough, the art isn't as sharp as either Rocketeer/Spirit, nor Hollywood Horror or Cargo of Doom. But I'll take my Rocketeer whenever I can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carloshll726 View Post
    Since IDW is currently publishing Disney titles, wouldn't it be great if they released an ongoing Goof Troop comic series?... Remember the cartoon?
    Wizards of Mickey translation!

I've got a transformers related question for all the Transformers fans.

Does anyone know the status on if the Robots in Disguise (2015) monthly, based on the cartoon, will continue on after the upcoming cancellation of the tv show?

I've been reading it with my 4 year old son, and he loves it, but I don't want to keep sinking money into it if it's just going to be prematurely cancelled. I can't find any info on it.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Agent 37; 01-09-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

RID the comic was cancelled already iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    RID the comic was cancelled already iirc.

Thanks for reply, but I'm referring to the series based on the animated show that only just recently came out. I think issue 6 is out this month if I remember correctly.

image.jpg