Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Can anyone help me decide between Locke & Key slipcase softcover edition , versus Locke & Key master hardcover editions.
    Anyone has them? Not sure whether should I buy everything in slipcase (which looks nice but its softcover, and is cheaper) or get first master edition, and wait for others to come out.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Okay, just received my copy of Street Fighter X G.I. Joe. With Cammy and particularly Chun Li both gone so is my interest I'm afraid. Has there ever been a Streetfighter series that had Chun Li winning or does she always get relegated to jobber status? Seriously, if so, I'd like to find that one and read it.

Fantastic Member

Ghostbusters and Jem are my favorite IDW books, all the way. I wish i could afford TMNT...

Astonishing Member

Just wanted to shout out Larry Hama's G.I. Joe # 228 this week.

The entire issue only had speaking parts for female characters. I got all the way to the last page before I noticed it, for a couple reasons. I mean I noticed we were getting lots of female-heavy story but was oblivious to whether or not it was purposeful, because for starters, until the last page, I never knew if maybe the next scene would feature a male character or not (the obvious bit) but also because frankly, it was one of the strongest issues of G.I. Joe since back in the old Marvel days better issues as far as the balance of soldiers living soldier lives, present day activities of soldiers (Cover Girl utterly steals the show, Lady Jaye is badass), mining some of the history of the run (Zarana and Baroness's vicious rivalry, as well as Baroness's tendency to mentor youths) and bringing back in some totally unexpected characters (Sidney Biggles-Jones is back ... which links the giant robot battle mechs with the short Transformers crossover ... mindblowing ... but bringing back Doctor Knox on the very next page? Cobra cybernetics heavyweight changes on the horizon. On Bombstrike's inaugural daring mission? Throwing back to Olliestan and that fateful "death of Snake Eyes" mission? Holy cow! And never mind that - reintroducing the Declassified character of Shooter? Oh no way she stays dead, right?), introducing some never-before-used new characters we've been waiting to see for years (Bombstrike), and furthering the mysteries and intrigue, the women of G.I. Joe & Cobra conveniently seem to have had the very best secret intrigue storylines going on. (Jinx, Granny Demon, the Red Ninjas?! And the mystery of Claire Hauser, Duke's wife ...)

This issue passes like 15 Bechdel tests.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know what some of the cover classifications mean? Like obviously there's A, B, C, etc.. and then the Subscription covers. But what do covers RI or RIA and stuff like that stand for? And what values would you guys place on all of them?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know what some of the cover classifications mean? Like obviously there's A, B, C, etc.. and then the Subscription covers. But what do covers RI or RIA and stuff like that stand for? And what values would you guys place on all of them?
    RI=Retailer Incentive (buy 'x' issues get an exclusive variant)
    RIA=I think is also read as RI:A, it's a designation of a second retailer incentive when hitting a second threshold of ordering for any one title.

Covers A, B, C are just interspersed with your order until threshold 1 kicks in, one copy of an RI cover, then if threshold 2 is achieved its one copy of the RI-A
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    RI=Retailer Incentive (buy 'x' issues get an exclusive variant)
    RIA=I think is also read as RI:A, it's a designation of a second retailer incentive when hitting a second threshold of ordering for any one title.

Covers A, B, C are just interspersed with your order until threshold 1 kicks in, one copy of an RI cover, then if threshold 2 is achieved its one copy of the RI-A
    That is extremely helpful. Much appreciated.

Spectacular Member

Anyone else read the FCBD ROM Spaceknight #0? I have high hopes for this title, I read/collected/loved the original Marvel run, even had the figure for like two weeks, the comic was so much better than the figure.
    Although, I wouldn't mind a new sculpt, a 5" or 6" figure to interact with the Marvel Legends and DC figures I have.

Action Man? Anyone know if it's a book that'll make it? Anyone know the story behind him? I knew he was the UK answer to GI Joe, or something close to it but that's all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    Anyone else read the FCBD ROM Spaceknight #0? I have high hopes for this title, I read/collected/loved the original Marvel run, even had the figure for like two weeks, the comic was so much better than the figure.
    Although, I wouldn't mind a new sculpt, a 5" or 6" figure to interact with the Marvel Legends and DC figures I have.

Action Man? Anyone know if it's a book that'll make it? Anyone know the story behind him? I knew he was the UK answer to GI Joe, or something close to it but that's all.
    Here's a forum that covers ACTION MAN, not to mention all sorts of G.I. Joe's overseas counterparts.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 05-29-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Has there been any word on if IDW is going to reprint the Marvel series from Rom and Micronauts?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post

I read the FCBD ROM. I knew nothing of the Marvel run so I was going into it with no knowledge of it at all. I liked it though, so I've asked my LCS to pull it for me, along with Action Man. I don't know a great deal about that either, other than having an Action Man figure when I was younger. I'm looking forward to reading something UK based so I hope it does well enough to keep going for a while.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Has there been any word on if IDW is going to reprint the Marvel series from Rom and Micronauts?
    It's unlikely to ever happen, as there is far more Marvel-owned stuff in those series than in the Marvel Transformers or G.I. Joe series.

Spectacular Member

I found the ROM title again (I had the entire 75 issue run back in the day) at my LCS in the bargain bins, and I bought a few, and imho it still holds up. The new look of the character is subtle, he has hands now, not mitten hands as the original figure from Parker Brothers (Marvel/ PB wanted to make it a viable character) had. The new run is using nothing except the concept and the Dire Wraiths (Marvel created their look). I do hope somehow Marvel and IDW work out the rights to republish the series, maybe without the issues where ROM interacts with the main MU. I was hoping someone, maybe Marvel could pick it up again, but I'm glad IDW did, they've got a good track record (with as much as I've read) with licensed properties.

I liked the Action Man preview, so I'm going to give it a try myself.

I wish I had deeper pockets to try some of the series IDW is publishing. Dieter Lumpen, for instance, and some classic hero books. Right now, I only purchase, depending of the month, huh...
    That book about a planet ruled by an immortal diarchy whose agents must fight, between others, a hive-esque villain, sometimes with the help of a Dragon Lord and the Embodiement of Chaos.