Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's the deal with Action Man? He looks asian in some drawings, but in the preview he seems like a white guy... (is there more than one?)
    Current action mans a brit. Named Ian Noble. The orginal died.

Does anyone know what is up with Satellite Falling? #4 was supposed to come out in August although it hasn't and some places say they don't know when, PreviewsWorld says it will come out Dec. 28th. #5 is supposed to come out October 12th it says on one site, then Nov. 2nd on another. I really like this comic a lot but don't get the release schedule and why #5 is probably coming before #4.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy99 View Post
    Does anyone know what is up with Satellite Falling? #4 was supposed to come out in August although it hasn't and some places say they don't know when, PreviewsWorld says it will come out Dec. 28th. #5 is supposed to come out October 12th it says on one site, then Nov. 2nd on another. I really like this comic a lot but don't get the release schedule and why #5 is probably coming before #4.
    Not sure what's going on, but #5 will probably be delayed too then. Publishers need to tell PreviewsWorld about 3 months in advance when they expect to ship (I think), so if they miss one date they're very likely to miss two more in a row. For what it's worth, my retailer has #4 slated for next week and #5 for early November. But that doesn't help much haha.

I feel it's very important to ask this question here, is the IDW revolution series actually good? Because Humble Bundle for what looks like the next 9 days is selling a ton of the Transformers and GI Joe comic collections, as well various Revolution tie-ins, new series, and even the main event. I'm interested in Revolution but I want to know about the actual quality of the series before I spend any money because you only get the Revolution series if you drop $15.

I'll also post the link for the sale in case everyone is interested.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/books/t...=download_page
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Revolution has been alright, but since its only just started, I can't really for say its a fantastic, must read mini.

But the 8 dollar Unlock is a fantastic deal.. if I read digital, I would drop the 8 bucks in a heart beat.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Matt Mancini

Anyone here want to show some love for the Maxx republishing?

You don't hear much about the Maxx since the 90s, but it's legendary in my opinion.

I have to say from what I've read through so far of what I bought in the sale, the Hasbro universe that IDW is making is actually really impressive and really fun to read. I wasn't sure how it was going to blend together but it really does feel like one really huge amazing cartoon crossover special. I might actually have to start picking up the trades for the upcoming series on a regular basis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Has anyone else read Revolution #5 yet? I've just finished it, and whilst I thought the art was fantastic, I felt the end felt a little rushed after spoilers:
    the inevitable big showdown
    end of spoilers. I've enjoyed the event overall though, and I will be picking up Revolutionaries #1 to see where it leads.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Having read all of the event issues and some of the tie-ins I've gotta this was probably my favorite comicbook event of this year, it was just a lot of crazy fun and it actually achieved its job of getting me really excited about a handful of characters I really didn't know to much besides the Transformers, and not even them because I had to buy the humble bundle to catch up on years of new history. But it hooked me in and I might be back for books like MASK, Rom, Revolutionaries, Transformers: til all are one, and probably the Micronauts
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Having read all of the event issues and some of the tie-ins I've gotta this was probably my favorite comicbook event of this year, it was just a lot of crazy fun and it actually achieved its job of getting me really excited about a handful of characters I really didn't know to much besides the Transformers, and not even them because I had to buy the humble bundle to catch up on years of new history. But it hooked me in and I might be back for books like MASK, Rom, Revolutionaries, Transformers: til all are one, and probably the Micronauts
    I'm glad Ossio is carrying on with the art in Revolutionaries. I can't wait to see how it goes.

I was enjoying Action Man and I'm enjoying ROM and I'm tempted to start picking up MASK too. The Micronauts just don't do it for me but I can't put my finger on why.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm glad Ossio is carrying on with the art in Revolutionaries. I can't wait to see how it goes.

I was enjoying Action Man and I'm enjoying ROM and I'm tempted to start picking up MASK too. The Micronauts just don't do it for me but I can't put my finger on why.
    I can't say I'm enjoying the micronauts but I'm intrigued about the idea of a group of heroes who are only a couple of inches tall and now reside in a world with all this crazy stuff going on. I think the reason maybe because I can't quite think what their purpose is on earth after Revolution, I mean who exactly is it that they are supposed to be up against? To be honest that's the book I'm probably going to pick up last out of all of them.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-04-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Words to live by.

I know it's a week late, but I did actually read the first issue of MASK and I would like to review and discuss it.

I will say that following the Revolution event, it gives us a decent premise of the team on the run after being blamed for major government thefts by Miles Mayhem and VENOM while also traveling around the world in an attempt to stop him and avoid capture. We also get a bit more insight into the four main members of the team. However I will say at times the dialogue could feel a little clunky or generic, making it a little too similar to the 80's cartoon of it's origin, especially a scene where Mayhem gave his big evil speech. If I'd grade I would say about 7.5 out of 10, it was fun but it has a few things it can work on for future issues.
    Words to live by.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I know it's a week late, but I did actually read the first issue of MASK and I would like to review and discuss it.

I will say that following the Revolution event, it gives us a decent premise of the team on the run after being blamed for major government thefts by Miles Mayhem and VENOM while also traveling around the world in an attempt to stop him and avoid capture. We also get a bit more insight into the four main members of the team. However I will say at times the dialogue could feel a little clunky or generic, making it a little too similar to the 80's cartoon of it's origin, especially a scene where Mayhem gave his big evil speech. If I'd grade I would say about 7.5 out of 10, it was fun but it has a few things it can work on for future issues.
    Yea, it felt a little pedestrian, but its a set up issue for people who didn't grab the Revolution 1-Shot.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    Yea, it felt a little pedestrian, but its a set up issue for people who didn't grab the Revolution 1-Shot.
    I'm not quite sure that's a good enough reason, I mean I get that as a reason but why would someone read this if they hadn't read the one-shot and the Revolution event they made their first appearance in?
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Will there be a new Godzilla series?