Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Will there be a new Godzilla series?
    That's a great question and I wish I knew the answer.

I really enjoyed the "Rage Across Time" series; so I hope they have something else in the works.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Incredible Member

Transformers More Than Meets The Eye: Revolution was the only disappointment in what had been a phenomenal crossover event to me.

I'm not big on "humor issues". So this one did the belly flop to me.

Spectacular Member

Action Man gone? I've got 1 -4, and no sign of 5.
    Anyone else excited about post - Revolution and the new Hasbro Universe yet?
    I like IDWs take on ROM, still wish IDW could get the Marvel rights, just to have the complete run.
    Wasn't too into the Micronauts, but now, post Revolution, I like the new direction IDw is moving their Hasbro properties.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    Action Man gone? I've got 1 -4, and no sign of 5.
    Anyone else excited about post - Revolution and the new Hasbro Universe yet?
    I like IDWs take on ROM, still wish IDW could get the Marvel rights, just to have the complete run.
    Wasn't too into the Micronauts, but now, post Revolution, I like the new direction IDw is moving their Hasbro properties.
    Yeah it looks like Action Man is gone. I was really enjoying it too so I'm disappointed. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Revolutionaries though so hopefully it does well and lasts a while.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I think the only IDW books I'm getting, these days, are the Joe stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    Transformers More Than Meets The Eye: Revolution was the only disappointment in what had been a phenomenal crossover event to me.

I'm not big on "humor issues". So this one did the belly flop to me.
    Yeah Roberts tried to poke fun at it, and it wasn't all that great. MTMTE/Lost Light is the only TF book I'm continuing with though. Don't care all that much for the shared universe stuff.

Is anyone here reading Donald Quest? I just read the first two issues twice and I'm enjoying it. Everything about it seems to work, the art, writing, and dialogue all blend together nicely.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next 3 issues.

Also there was a weird error in Donald Quest #2. 1 page of the story was in there twice back to back. It didn't seem like a page was missing, but who knows.

Also one of my comics goals for 2017 is to reread TMNT and Star Trek. There is so much i've forgotten about in both of those series. Its time for a refresher.
    Last edited by Mormegil; 01-03-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah Roberts tried to poke fun at it, and it wasn't all that great. MTMTE/Lost Light is the only TF book I'm continuing with though. Don't care all that much for the shared universe stuff.
    If I had known it was a "humor issue", I wouldn't have bought it.

I follow all of the Transformers series. More Than Meets The Eye/Lost Light being easily my favorite. But having them do a "humor issue" in place of doing something with those characters I think was a waste of an opportunity. It was a real let-down to me.

A message to fans of John Royle's IDW work:
    Now available : THE FORMIDABLES SKETCHBOOK # 1, featuring JOHN ROYLE's work on our characters !
    All the steps of John's illos are presented: layouts, pencils, inks by Eeshwar, Colors by Romulo Fajardo + character designs & demo pages for a spin-off series !
    NEVER BEFORE SEEN ART !
    A treat for JR fans ! ^_^
    http://www.indyplanet.us/product/146187/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    If I had known it was a "humor issue", I wouldn't have bought it.

I follow all of the Transformers series. More Than Meets The Eye/Lost Light being easily my favorite. But having them do a "humor issue" in place of doing something with those characters I think was a waste of an opportunity. It was a real let-down to me.
    I agree... I bought it but after 2 or 3 pages I just sort of skimmed through the rest of it. Lost Light 1 was much much much more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm not quite sure that's a good enough reason, I mean I get that as a reason but why would someone read this if they hadn't read the one-shot and the Revolution event they made their first appearance in?
    Some people pick up books from their first issue...not everyone would know about the Revolution event. I sure didn't. I picked up issue 1 because I'm supporting the writer, and because I remember the cartoon from my childhood. I picked up the one shot too but I only knew about that because of the guy at my comic shop.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Really happy to hear IDW has the license to do comics based on King Kull
    Last edited by Gryphon; 03-23-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Really happy to hear IDW has the license to do comics based on King Kull
    I was too. And then I got slightly less excited when I saw that it was Kull trapped in the modern day. I'll probably still read it because i really enjoy the character.

Its kind of weird that Dynamite is also doing a Red Sonja in the modern day series. Company crossover?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I was too. And then I got slightly less excited when I saw that it was Kull trapped in the modern day. I'll probably still read it because i really enjoy the character.

Its kind of weird that Dynamite is also doing a Red Sonja in the modern day series. Company crossover?
    To be fair, they are using the REH stories as a basis for this premise. That story happens to be regarded as one of Howard's finest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    To be fair, they are using the REH stories as a basis for this premise. That story happens to be regarded as one of Howard's finest as well.
    I'm a big fan of the original material so hopefully they are able to capture a similar tone to Kull. Most publishers just treat him like another Conan character. He has similarities but there are a lot of differences there.