Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

BANNED

Anyone been reading the new X Files comic by IDW? Is it any good? Its up to issue 11 or 12 recently and Ive been curious as to how the stories are in the previous issues.

News about Shelly Bond's first series for IDW's 'Black Crown' line, Kid Lobotomy by Peter Milligan.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Is Micronauts getting canceled? I just finished issue 10 and the ad for issue 11 says its "The destructive end (for now)!"

What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Is Micronauts getting canceled? I just finished issue 10 and the ad for issue 11 says its "The destructive end (for now)!"

What does that mean?
    We'll issue 11 might be the end for the main series but starting soon this month is a event miniseries called Micronauts: Wrath of Karza where Baron Karza comes to take over earth and comes into conflict with I think most of the Hasbro-verse characters.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Marvel's gonna be annoyed about this one. IDW have bagged a Star Wars licence. They'll be doing All-Ages books while Marvel still does comics for older readers. Still sounds like a kick in the teeth for them to me.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...idw-september/

^ Marvel doesn't know squat about all-ages books. Marvel owns Disney, but they licensed the classic characters to IDW who publish Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck. This is the same deal.

Marvel is OWNED by Disney, they're not the parent company, lol.

^Slip o' the tongue. You get the drift.

Micronauts: Wrath of Karza #1 review

Well I'm not surprised no one is really talking about this, the IDW hasbroverse is fairly new and DC and Marvel currently have big stories with Secret Empire and The Button, however I've found this universe to be fun and it helps that it is written by a favorite writer of mine Cullen Bunn. For those of you who haven't been reading essentially the Micronauts home universe has been dying and the main villain Baron Karza has decided that he and his followers will simply take over the planet. That invasion is pretty much what this entire 1st issue is about as he systematically take out or hinder MASK, GI Joe, and even Optimus Prime and his team using some very surprising assets(he's got his own Transformer body for crying out loud). It is an interesting set up to show us what he's capable of and who will all be in this event. What works well is that you don't need to have read every series of characters involved because they pretty much explain everything that's happened so far, although it is slightly weird if you have been following since the end of Revolution. For the most part I'd say the same thing as I did for Revolution, it's interesting to see all these characters together and it just seems like it's just going to try to be a fun little event, although how the story will turn out has yet to be determined. Grade wise I'd give it a 9/10,
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

So, the main Micronauts series ended at #11 then?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    So, the main Micronauts series ended at #11 then?
    Not only did it end at issue 11 and go into the Wrath Of Karza but revealed today following the first strike event they will be sharing a new ongoing series with Rom of all people.
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

WHAAAA? ROM is sharing a title w/ the Micronauts, so does that mean ROM's series is over? Sorry, I've in the hospital a while and haven't kept up w/books lately.

All-New Member

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye is my favorite! I also love Godzilla.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-13-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    WHAAAA? ROM is sharing a title w/ the Micronauts, so does that mean ROM's series is over? Sorry, I've in the hospital a while and haven't kept up w/books lately.
    I'd like to know this too. I've been really enjoying ROM, but I won't be reading a shared title.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'd like to know this too. I've been really enjoying ROM, but I won't be reading a shared title.
    I agree 100%. I saw in your sig that you have a few of the same books on your pull list that I read. Is that XO Manowar a reboot of the series, I heard they were supposed to be doing it.

EDIT: Went to IDW Publishing site, ROM ends w/#14 (August), goes into a book called First Strike in August.

“Long Roads to Ruin” finale! Is this the last issue of Rom? Yes… and no! First Strike is upon us and out of that momentous event, a new Rom will arise! But before that, the fate of the Knights of the Solstar Order!
    http://www.idwpublishing.com/preview...-first-strike/
    http://www.idwpublishing.com/blastr-...-first-strike/

First Strike#1—Cover A: Freddie E. Williams II—GEM OF THE MONTH
    Mairghread Scott & David Rodriguez (w) • Max Dunbar (a) • Freddie E. Williams II (c)
    A Hasbro comic book event! A new era of peace is dawning as Earth formally joins the Cybertronian Council of Worlds. That is… until Baron Ironblood joins Destro, Storm Shadow and other nefarious villains in a terrorist attack on Iacon! As chaos takes hold on Cybertron, it will be left to Scarlett and the rest of G.I. Joe on Earth to discover the true purpose behind the attack before both worlds descend into all-out-war!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

And then there's a ROM v TF, don't know if it's limited or ongoing, but it SUCKS that IDW is dropping ROM into guest star all over the Hasbroverse now.
    Last edited by ComicFan70; 06-13-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: new info