Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Spectacular Member

I don't know how many ppl picked up the individual titles, ROM, Micronauts, GI Joe, TF, Optimus Prime, Mask, but IMHO combining them could be bad for ROM, and the Micronauts especially as they are two relatively older titles IDW picked up from Marvel, and they can't even give us the Marvel TPB due to licensing the Marvel Heroes that appeared in ROM (Marvel). Maybe IDW could pay a little more to have them in, or slightly rewrite them as DC did for N52 saying Tim Drake wasn't a Robin, then he was, then wasn't again in TPB from.

I would like to see IDW pick up the Marvel Godzilla book and reprint it in TPB, then get the Marvel Shogun Warriors title, based on those 2 feet tall Mecha - Raydeen, piloted by Richard Carson, an American stuntman.
    Combatra, piloted by Genji Odashu, a Japanese test pilot and Dangard Ace, piloted by Ilongo Savage, an oceanographer from Madagascar.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogun_Warriors_(toys)

Between February 1979 and July 1979, Marvel had the comic book rights to both Godzilla and the Shogun Warriors. While the characters never crossed paths in their respective comics, artist Herb Trimpe (who did the artwork for both of the series) drew a variation of Godzilla and Rodan alongside Daimos, Great Mazinger, Raydeen, and Gaiking on the top page of a comic book ad soliciting the Shogun Warrior toys. Mattel, which had a license to produce Shogun Warriors toys, simultaneously had a licence to produce toys based on Godzilla and Rodan. Though he never appeared in the comic series, Red Ronin, a robot created for Marvel's Godzilla comic book series, was mentioned occasionally and was frequently written about in the letters pages.

I just like a lot of the older cheesy sort of books Marvel did for pop culture trends like Godzilla, big robots,etc. I'd even like to see Shang-Chi get his own book again.

Ultimate Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...cc-figure-set/

A preview of the future?

REVOLUTION Comic Crossover Preview Mega-Set

(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $99.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)

When characters from different story worlds come together in a single storyline, they call it a crossover. For this event, they needed something bigger. MUCH bigger. Celebrate the beyond epic IDW Revolution crossover event with the REVOLUTION Comic Crossover Preview Mega-Set convention exclusive. Featuring 16 characters from seven story worlds, this set serves as a prelude to IDW’s upcoming REVOLUTION: FIRST STRIKE sequel set for later this year. Many characters in this set are making their debut in the 3-3/4” figure format, and for the first time, characters from these brands are presented in a scale that allows the entire Universe to be played together! Includes JETFIRE from TRANSFORMERS, ROADBLOCK from G.I. JOE, ACTION MAN, a team of MICRONAUTS, MATT TRAKKER from M.A.S.K. MOBILE ARMORED STRIKE COMMAND, LEORIC from VISIONARIES and ROM and a DIRE WRAITH from ROM THE SPACEKNIGHT. The REVOLUTION Comic Crossover Preview Mega-Set will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2017. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.
    First of all, the packaging is gorgeous. Let it never be said (especially in these last couple years) that Hasbro goes cheap with their packaging. All the major players from Revolution are represented here: ROM, Transformers, GI Joe, Action Man, MASK, Micronauts, everything. The box flap as info on the crossover and character bios.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Looks great!

Btw... IDW is running a line-wide half-off sale on Comixology until the 24th.
    Use IDW17 at checkout.

Actually, it's 55% off, but hey.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I just bought/read Kull Eternal #1. I'm a big fan of the original stories. I enjoyed this issue more than I thought i would. Kull in the modern age sounds terrible. I find it almost impossible to enjoy a series by reading the new issue each month. You just don't get enough story.

I did like this first issue and will keep an eye out for the trade next year.

So IDW Picked up sonic......that's a nice get

I got to say,Im really not feeling the Hasbro shared universe.
    It scared me off Transformers.

I grabbed the TPB of the GI JOE revolution with issues 1 to 4 that just came out in july, and I am not sure if I like it. I have been collecting RAH since it came back with 155 1/2 and maybe that's soured my opinion.

Mighty Member

I hope when we see sonic return as part of IDW they keep the numbering.I would hate if this goes back to 1

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    I got to say,Im really not feeling the Hasbro shared universe.
    It scared me off Transformers.
    Yup. It's the reason why Lost Light is the only TF book I'm reading now. (Because it's isolated.)

Which sucks because my favorite Transformer, Sideswipe, just came back in Optimus Prime.

Will the IDW be a complete reboot for Sonic? I can't find anything on that and I can't really go and backroad much :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I had Transformers Vol 5 in my basket for £30 but I had to wait before I could hit buy, for like, 11 days! The last one just went So much pain!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

i'm not crazy about the shared universe. still reading Optimus Prime and Lost Light, i just don't bother with the crossover/tie-in books.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm not crazy about the shared universe. still reading Optimus Prime and Lost Light, i just don't bother with the crossover/tie-in books.
    Is there as much overlap in Optimus Prime as I was afraid of? I didn't read the Revolution event.. would I be lost if I picked that up? (I read all of Robots in Disguise/Transformers)

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Is there as much overlap in Optimus Prime as I was afraid of? I didn't read the Revolution event.. would I be lost if I picked that up?
    i don't think you'd be too lost. there are some Joes on Earth. Thundercracker sometimes works with them. some issues it is kinda intrusive. others issues they hardly show up.

Incredible Member

Still waiting for IDW/Hasbro to bring back these guys.

I think they'd would be the perfect Big Bad(s) for the next crossover event. I was hoping Metlar, Tendril, and D-Compose were going to be the threat from beneath the Earth the Joe team was going to be dealing with in their own mag.