Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Thundercracker sometimes works with them.
    Not Skywarp? He's the one actually in the Joe book...

(for my 2 cents, I'm mostly happy with the Hasbroverse so far - but then, I'm a Joe fan primarily. Got a new book for them, plus M.A.S.K. and Revolutionaries to keep my Action Man fix, that's a win for me. Lost track of the IDW's Transformers stuff years back and haven't felt the need to try again; most of my fondness for that universe is based on the 'robots staging covert war while disguised as vehicles among us' conceit, so the increasingly sprawling space opera they've become holds little appeal.)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The only GI Joes Im interested in are in ARAH.And thank gods,thats a standalone title.

Incredible Member

It looks like current G.I. JOE writer, Aubrey Sitterson, has succeeded where Cobra has failed, and killed G.I. JOE. At least in the fans' hearts and minds.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    It looks like current G.I. JOE writer, Aubrey Sitterson, has succeeded where Cobra has failed, and killed G.I. JOE. At least in the fans' hearts and minds.
    Well that explains why issue 9 is the final issue.

Okay,tip to writers,have two profiles.One for your work/fans/projects and a personal one for friends/family/rants.
    It wouldn't solve all the problems,but it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Okay,tip to writers,have two profiles.One for your work/fans/projects and a personal one for friends/family/rants.
    It wouldn't solve all the problems,but it would help.
    Good tip. What he said was rather insulting. As someone who lived in NY at the time and lost a family member in the towers, I was highly annoyed. Though I never make a spectacle of the situation at all, I keep to myself and don't bother others. I haven't forgotten, but I am not going to run around and make sure everyone else remembers Its easy to see his political opinion was bleeding through in the GI JOE comics, especially when he had the Joes shun America, and they were international now.

I don't follow the guy,nor read his comics,but I doubt GI Joe fans care for his political opinions.

Personally,there is only one GI Joe comic and is written by Larry Hama.End of story.

It's been a couple months since a Duck Avenger issue released. Is that series finished? Or did it get cancelled with the new IDW disney shake up?

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    I don't follow the guy,nor read his comics,but I doubt GI Joe fans care for his political opinions.

Personally,there is only one GI Joe comic and is written by Larry Hama.End of story.
    yep, I agree and I love it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Why did they give Aubrey Sitterson a regular GI JOE comic? His Street Fighter X GI Joe comic was so incredibly horrible. Remember looking forward to it because it was right on the heels of Transformers vs GI Joe, but Street Fighter X GI Joe was unreadable. It's a shame Giannis Milonogiannis got stuck on a comic with him.

I wonder why there is such a long delay for Kull Eternal. The first issue was interesting, but it came out in June. We still don't have issue 2

Aubrey Sitterson did not kill the GI joe series. It is being cancelled because it is getting a new name. If I remember correctly it is being renamed Scarlet's Strike Force or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Aubrey Sitterson did not kill the GI joe series. It is being cancelled because it is getting a new name. If I remember correctly it is being renamed Scarlet's Strike Force or something like that.
    I haven't read Sitterson's GI Joe (though I did read GI Joe vs Street Fighter, which was... special), but he comes off as a try hard "ally". Obnoxious but that's all. And yeah, everyone is into the constant relaunches these days. I'm annoyed it's hit the indies already.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Sween

I'm really enjoying the X-Files comics at the moment (and I just received the new JFK Disclosure series). Good stuff!

How did that Sitterson situation played out?I assume he wasnt fired?