Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Whole Hasbro-verse was pretty much dead on arrival.

All-New Member

Anyone reading Ducktales?? How is it??

I think it's easier for G.I. Joe and Transformers to be in a shared universe --if nothing else, the Transformers live-action movies have shown how giant robots and human soldiers can fight together--but including all the other Hasbro action figure properties might have been overkill. Not all shared universes work, IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

I don't know when it happened, but I eventually lost interest in both ROM and Micronauts because of the art.
    It wasn't bad... it just wasn't what I wanted for them. It just seemed too cartoon-ish. And ROM's art bordered on looking like wood-cuttings.

I would've eaten up Micronauts and Rom if they'd given it to someone like Stephen Thompson, who was on Satellite Falling at the time.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I think it's easier for G.I. Joe and Transformers to be in a shared universe --if nothing else, the Transformers live-action movies have shown how giant robots and human soldiers can fight together--but including all the other Hasbro action figure properties might have been overkill. Not all shared universes work, IMO.
    I think it had massive potential, but the execution was botched. I do think its salvageable, but it needs Transformers and a well-written G.I. Joe to be the driving force.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I think they should have went with two universes.One for humans (GI Joe,Action Man,MASK) and another for aliens/robots (Transformers,ROM...)

Astonishing Member

I think they should have went with no shared universe at all. Every property works best on its own...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

M.A.S.K. and G.I.Joe could totally work in the same world. Joe and Transformers has been shown to work, at least in the comics and with how the movies interact Autobots and the military it's not a stretch.

Rom and Micronauts in the same universe is an easy buy in as well. If you used smaller Transformers like Mini-Cons and the such you could more easily incorporate elements of Transformers I think.

Visionaries is kind of the odd one out.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Hasbro is rethinking it's idea for a shared movie universe. Rom is no longer in development. Micronauts is still coming and another G.I Joe movie is being considered. Transformers is still going forward. M.A.S.K. may also be no longer in development. I also noticed in the latest IDW solicitations that ROM and the Micronauts is a five issue limited series. Maybe now the comics shared universe is over. Although Transformers meets G.I. Joe mini-series once or twice a year (like Devil's Due use to do) would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    M.A.S.K. and G.I.Joe could totally work in the same world. Joe and Transformers has been shown to work, at least in the comics and with how the movies interact Autobots and the military it's not a stretch.

Rom and Micronauts in the same universe is an easy buy in as well. If you used smaller Transformers like Mini-Cons and the such you could more easily incorporate elements of Transformers I think.

Visionaries is kind of the odd one out.
    Visionaries is the one with the fantasy & magic aspect, so that would be the one that would require transportation between different realms, IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Just caught up a little with Lost Light.

Getaway really has been made into a wonderful villain. He's effective, ruthless and you just completely hate his guts. Poor Protectobots, though.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Just read Locke and Key trade paperback #1... really dug it

I just finished Phase 1 of Transformers. Seriously, that was the ending? I felt like they suddenly got told that they only had one issue left to finish it, very strange.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Can you be more specific? What did you find jarring and sudden?
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I just finished Phase 1 of Transformers. Seriously, that was the ending? I felt like they suddenly got told that they only had one issue left to finish it, very strange.
    Did you read the IDW Collections? I am currently at 6 and find it sometimes confusing and hard to follow. I imagine what it was like with the singles issues. Anyway, its good enough to read em all...
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 02-10-2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Mod edit: fixed quotation