Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

IDW is killing it with their cartoon licensed comics. Rocky & Bullwinkle, The Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, & Dexter's Laboratory are some of my favorite titles currently out, delivering a lot of fun each issue. Of their original content, Locke & Key, Half Past Danger, Kill Shakespeare, & Wild Blue Yonder are all great titles that I read/re-read regularly.

TF:MTMTE is my favorite, and I'm so glad it's back to its main story, because I did not enjoy the Dark Cybertron crossover.

I had also been reading RID, and liked it well enough, but I'm hoping for bigger/better things, now that those 'bots are back on Earth, and Optimus is part of the cast.

BANNED

has anyone read the haunted horrors reprint series?

I'm wondering how many issues the "24: Underground" series is scheduled to run.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Right Now I Like MLP: Friendship is Magic And MLP: Friends Forever
    Ditto.

I greatly miss IDW's original G.I. Joe line, though. Mike Costa's work on Cobra and The Cobra Files in particular was absolutely phenomenal. I hope he's not done with the property just yet.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I love Dredd, it's probably my favorite comic. Simonson is off to a good year, and 7th Sword has potential.

I'd like to try TMNT, but I dunno where to begin.

BANNED

Yeah, that's pretty much all I read from IDW. It's pretty good, it was my first exposure to Golden Age horror. I prefer the EC books from Fantagraphics, but still have Haunted Horror on my pull list.

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Same here, one of the very very few Idw titles I read. The dialogue is cheesy as hell(remember its 50's comics here) and most of the stories seem to be scan from the best copies they get, which they're quite good most of the times. I usually like most of the stories that are included with the occasional dud here or there. But for the most part I've been enjoying the series.

If its of any interest to you the folks behind Haunted Horror are also releasing WEIRD Love#1 next week. Except its romance stuff described by them as "collecting the most sexy, bizarre, sick, twisted, politically incorrect, kinky "romance" comics of the 1950s and beyond".
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Enjoying TMNT New Animated Adventures. I'm mainly reading it in trade though.

BANNED

Thanks for the heads up on Weird Love, added it to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'd like to try TMNT, but I dunno where to begin.
    The Secret History of the Foot Clan mini is one of the best things in the series, is pretty self-contained, is available in trade and ties in to the City Fall arc that is the plot of the 2 most recent trades. I think it is a great starting point.

EDIT: I assumed you meant the IDW series, it occurs to me that you might have meant the original Mirage comics. In that case, you could get the Ultimate Collection Volumes 4 & 5, together they hold a very good story that marked a turn to more serious storytelling by Mirage.

The Ultimate Collections are rather pricey hardcovers, though. If you'd like to try the Turtles' more action-oriented early stories, you might be able to find the Color Classics Volume 1 reprints. They are floppies and should be much cheaper. I'm pretty sure they're available on Comixology.
    Last edited by Blue Light; 05-10-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

BANNED

Boom Studios And IDW Seem to be really going at it with all these licensed books

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on Weird Love, added it to my list.
    Eh...It Just Sounds Like something that would lose it's flavor after awhile

Boom Studios And IDW Seem to be really going at it with all these licensed books
    With the obvious market for tales set in previously established universes, it does seem only logical that they would go after what seems likely to make them money.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Eh...It Just Sounds Like something that would lose it's flavor after awhile
    The Animal Man is back.Good seeing you again.Turtle books are right up your alley