Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Probably wouldnt,but I doubt they were the only ones who disliked the change.

Post Unicron reboot, is anyone aware if the Transformers will be their own setting again?
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Post Unicron reboot, is anyone aware if the Transformers will be their own setting again?
    Haven't heard. Just know it's going to be something "new." Hope so, though.

SO.. only Hama's Joe is the only thing continuing? Getting a little tired of getting invested in buy & reading IDW stuff, only for it to be cancelled.

MASK - I watched this show as a kid in the '80s and I loved it. I was happy when the comic came out. They made some changes? I didnt care, I was just happy to see the whole series to begin with, BUT I can understand some folks not wanting change. Though the reasons listed in that petition are quite dumb. Overall I am just annoyed, because I was really getting into it.

So what do we have left? no more TF? No more MASK? Just one Joe book?

Transformers is not ending, as such. It is getting a reboot - though details of said reboot are quite thin on the ground.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Highly doubtful that the support of all 127 people who signed that petition would've been enough to keep the book around anyway so it's a moot point, beyond how hilarious it is to imagine getting this upset about IDW trying to make Trakker look like anything other than Duke With A Helmet.

I did like the M.A.S.K. book - the annual was especially good fun - but beyond striking a balance between cartoon faithfulness and necessary modern update, it never quite found a real niche or angle for itself.
    Well the thing is IDW doesn't do that unless Hasbro approved it.

And I don't think that book was meant to last long in the first place. A lot of those books seem to have a set storyline that has an ending.

Incredible Member

Yes. After reading the final issue of Rom/Micronauts. I definitely got the feeling that IDW is putting the bulk of the Hasbro Universe to bed.

Transformers is not ending, as such. It is getting a reboot - though details of said reboot are quite thin on the ground.
    Not totally. The G1 IDW Universe is concluding. Not being rebooted. According to Roberts.. new stories, new characters.

Which for me, means the perfect jumping off point.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Not totally. The G1 IDW Universe is concluding. Not being rebooted. According to Roberts.. new stories, new characters.

Which for me, means the perfect jumping off point.
    Can't really see why they would do that. G1, for better or worse, has been the default for TF comics since long before IDW got the license, and without that era and its core players to build out from it's hard to imagine any series surviving for long, no matter how neat it'd be for a long-running Beast Wars book or whatever.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Can't really see why they would do that. G1, for better or worse, has been the default for TF comics since long before IDW got the license, and without that era and its core players to build out from it's hard to imagine any series surviving for long, no matter how neat it'd be for a long-running Beast Wars book or whatever.
    I totally agree with you.

Spectacular Member

Has anyone picked up that ginchy Madman collection? Would like to know what’s in it. I have Atomica and that other one and was wondering if this had much more.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I totally agree with you.
    Plus they have included characters from other several of the various TF shows including the 2001 version of Robots in Disguise, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm going to take a break from TF comics for awhile. I stopped monthly some time ago and have only been getting the HC collected editions(which I'm still behind on).
    So this will be a chance for me to find time to catch up. Unless the reboot starts like 3 months later. I'll gauge then if I even get those in collected fare. Depends on the reception I hear. My backlog "to read pile" is out of control.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Lost Light #18 was amazing and really brought forth a great sense of closure for many of the series' plots.
    While giving you more, especially with that last page.

And the feels. It brought forward all the feels.
    @Matt_of_Geek

Lost Light #18 was amazing and really brought forth a great sense of closure for many of the series' plots.
    While giving you more, especially with that last page.

And the feels. It brought forward all the feels.
    This issue reminded me of why I adored More than Meets the Eye so much. I miss that book. Lost Light is not that book.