Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Astonishing Member

The final issue is out. And yes, The Kill Lock is damn strong. Best mini series right now.

Last edited by Anthony W; 07-22-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

This is disappointing but unsurprising. IDW just isn't profitable, despite having some of the most important licenses outside of Marvel and DC. (And hell, they do publish some DC books!) Hopefully, this doesn't impact the Sonic comic much, as that's the only IDW book I regularly follow.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    This is disappointing but unsurprising. IDW just isn't profitable, despite having some of the most important licenses outside of Marvel and DC. (And hell, they do publish some DC books!) Hopefully, this doesn't impact the Sonic comic much, as that's the only IDW book I regularly follow.
    How much time do you think they have left before they are bought up by Disney or AT&T? I give it a year and a half. IDW feels like something AT&T would buy and Valiant would be something Marvel would buy.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    How much time do you think they have left before they are bought up by Disney or AT&T? I give it a year and a half. IDW feels like something AT&T would buy and Valiant would be something Marvel would buy.
    Valiant is a self-contained thing, not a series of licenses, so honestly they probably have more value than an IDW or Dynamite. Also, not having to pay a license means less overhead. Anyone looking to get into Superhero movies (like Sony or Universal) probably should've snapped them up before the DMG buyout a couple years back.

I can definitely see the appeal in IDW, though. They have some big names (like Sonic and TMNT, plus the Hasbro stuff).

Valiant is a self-contained thing, not a series of licenses, so honestly they probably have more value than an IDW or Dynamite. Also, not having to pay a license means less overhead. Anyone looking to get into Superhero movies (like Sony or Universal) probably should've snapped them up before the DMG buyout a couple years back.

I can definitely see the appeal in IDW, though. They have some big names (like Sonic and TMNT, plus the Hasbro stuff).
    You're right. I'm still giving them about two years.

Although I don't think anyone who would buy them would automatically gain the licenses as a package deal. That's probably on SEGA, Nick, and Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It would make more sense for Marvel to buy IDW, because of Marvel Action, Star Wars Adventures and several Disney comics that IDW publish. Plus it would mean they get Transformers back.

And so is his successor - placed on administrative leave after only five days!
    https://www.cbr.com/idw-publishing-j...ter-promotion/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-27-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would make more sense for Marvel to buy IDW, because of Marvel Action, Star Wars Adventures and several Disney comics that IDW publish. Plus it would mean they get Transformers back.

And so is his successor - placed on administrative leave after only five days!
    https://www.cbr.com/idw-publishing-j...ter-promotion/
    End of days!

https://www.gamesradar.com/idw-publi...er-jud-meyers/

So, the new publisher, Jud Meyers, has already been canned. That's highly suspect.

https://www.gamesradar.com/idw-publi...er-jud-meyers/

So, the new publisher, Jud Meyers, has already been canned. That's highly suspect.
    And no information as to what happened only makes it seem worse.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Hey guys! I'm the new publisher of IDW!

(Checks email)

Annnnnnndddddd....I have been let go.

So anyone else read Transformers/Back to the future #1? I mean the comic itself is inherently silly and very simple in dealing with the crossover, in an easy summary the transformers are just kind of there during the events of the first movie. Not here because of dimensional travel or whatever, they are just there.

But hey I kind of live for these silly IDW crossovers as of late so I’m cool with it, and of course it does deliver on the Gigawatt action figure which is probably the whole reason this comic exists in the first place, then again that’s a question of which came first the story or the toy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read it and it was what I expected, which is to say I enjoyed it. As you say it is a silly idea but less silly than the Transformers/My Little Pony and am no Browny(Brownie). Not even sure how the fandom spells it.
    I look forward to the rest of TF/BttF crossover.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I like the Sonic comics and the recent spinoff. The new characters are pretty cool.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-27-2020 at 09:07 AM.