Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm not up on what you're referencing.
    Is Hasbro in financial straits?
    As a toy company Hasbro is struggling due to kids not wanting toys and stores like Wal-Mart not stocking a lot of the new toys or larger and more expensive toys like the Titan Class Transformers (18-24 inch tall TFs) and yet stores like Target will stock them if they can get them. Ordering toys from Diamond is a joke they arrive 6-12 months late if at all and the way Hasbro releases toys makes LCS owners might get one popular toy and 11 toys that no one is interested in and then has to sell at MSRP which is higher than going to stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, Amazon, and etc where you can buy them cheaper sometimes. The pandemic hasn't helped matters if anything it's made things a lot worse and do to inflation and supply chain problems the cost of toys are going up

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Anyone want to discuss Wolverine McAlistaire?
    I use to read Journey years and years ago (back in the last century) when it was published in single issues by Aardvark-Vanaheim then by Fantagraphics.

I enjoyed it back then.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Spaces: Wildfire, a thriller series written by Scott Snyder with art by Hayden Sherman, follows a group of female inmate firefighters deep into the smoldering California hills, where their desperate heist of a burning mansion will lead them to the score of a lifetime…or a deadly trap!

Trve Kvlt, a five-issue miniseries written by Scott Bryan Wilson with art by Liana Kangas, introduces Marty Tarantella, a down-on-his-luck loser whose last-ditch scheme to escape a lifetime of fast-food service sets him on a collision course with a cult of violent, Devil-worshiping lunatics!

Crashing, a five-issue miniseries written by Matthew Klein with art by Morgan Beem, throws open the doors of an emergency room filled with casualties of a superhuman war, where Rose Osler, a doctor on her own path of addiction and recovery, faces the most dangerous day of her medical career.

Earthdivers, an ongoing series written by Stephen Graham Jones with art by Davide Gianfelice, unites four Indigenous survivors in an apocalyptic near future as they embark on a bloody, one-way mission to save the world by traveling back in time to kill Christopher Columbus and prevent the creation of America.

Dead Seas, a six-issue miniseries written by Cavan Scott with art by Nick Brokenshire, transforms a cynical convict into a reluctant hero when he’s trapped on a sinking prison ship swarming with ghosts. Can he unite desperate criminals, pirates, and brutal guards as they try to escape a watery grave?

Golgotha Motor Mountain, a five-issue miniseries written by Matthew Erman and Lonnie Nadler with art by Ryan Lee, is a high-octane, redneck motor massacre about two meth-cooking brothers and their attempt to make it home in one piece as all manner of cosmic alien horrors are hot on their trail.

Arca, an original graphic novel written by Van Jensen with art by Jesse Lonergan, leaves a dying Earth behind as billionaires establish a luxurious new society out among the stars, tended to by teenage indentured servants. But one girl discovers that the good life promised for their years of servitude was a lie…

The Sin Bin, a six-issue miniseries written by Robbie Thompson with art by Molly Murakami, hits the road with washed-up hockey player Dale “Dukes” Duquesne, who moonlights as a monster hunter during away games with his daughter, Cat, in tow, hoping to find her mother’s killer.

The Hunger and the Dusk, a twelve-issue storyline written by G. Willow Wilson with art by Chris Wildgoose, upends an age-old conflict between humans and orcs by introducing a new, deadlier species. Fragile alliances form—and unexpected romances blossom—as former enemies wade into battle together to save their two races.

Well, nothing here to interest me.

Anybody know if these were originally planned for IDW or if they were originally going to be published elsewhere?

Extraordinary Member

Trve Kvlt was originally done as a Kickstarter.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Based on the imperfect axiom of "judging a book by its cover" the titles that visually look like the content my interest me are:
    The Hunger and the Dusk
    EarthDivers
    and possibly DeadSeas

Not saying I'm going to get any of them as I've been allowing my titles to trim down. I may soon be in danger at my LCS of not having the minimum requirement for a box.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    . . . Not saying I'm going to get any of them as I've been allowing my titles to trim down. I may soon be in danger at my LCS of not having the minimum requirement for a box.
    What's the store's "minimum requirement"?

AFAIK, my comic book store doesn't have any such minimum requirement.
    These days, I'm just getting some of the Mignola/Hellboy-related stuff (which comes out very infrequently) and I recently added Rocketeer (but I haven't been in to pick up issue #1 yet).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Minimum Requirement = 5 titles a month

Until the pandemic, Valiant titles covered that with no problem, they had 4-6 titles a month. They are now down to just publishing 2-3.
    I'm getting Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer: Rebirth.

I dropped TMNT at #125
    Black Widow ended at #15
    Savage Avengers ended in January at #28 (I'm mixed on getting vol.2)
    I dropped ASM after the Beyond saga, just wanted to follow Ben.
    Silver Surfer Rebirth ends in 6 weeks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I for one would love for Marvel to buy IDW. Get the G.I. Joe and Transformers licenses back, crank out some omnibuses like they're doing with Conan, etc... that would be fantastic. I think DC would just crunk things up in their current state...
    I hope for them to continue on as IDW and shore things up, but like I said, if I had a vote (i obviously do NOT) my vote would be to sell to Marvel.
    More than that, we could have ROM spaceknight back in the fold. Honestly considering how little Hasbro is doing with the franchise they could as well sell it.

images.jpeg "Welcome to HBO MAX! Hope you survive the experience!"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

when and where will GI Joe resurface? Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Trve Kvlt was originally done as a Kickstarter.
    I've read the first 2 issues and they're a blast. The art is nothing to write home about, but the dialogue and characterization and plot twists are hilarious; I've seen almost no notice of it in the comics media and I think it's a real sleeper. If you're looking for a fun comic that's outside the usual cape books and bombastic SF and fantasy (not that I don't enjoy those too), I'd recommend checking it out. A breath of fresh air.