Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I am reading the new Star Trek book, Powerpuff Girls, X-Files, The Crow, and just tried Ghost Busters. I never really gave IDW a chance before because I didn't realize how good the licensed stuff could be for fun entertainment. I find myself really sucked into them and going back to watch the shows on NetFlix. I think the only original I have read from IDW was Locke and Key, which was really well done but I didn't like it as much as others do. I read some of the 30 days of night stuff which was cool. I really trust IDW on the licensed stuff, though. Powerpuff Girls is dead on just as cool as the show and X Files and Star Trek really capture those shows. IDW is taking my money now. One of the great small publishers that have me off of the big two almost completely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ish kabbible View Post
    The Animal Man is back.Good seeing you again.Turtle books are right up your alley
    Thanks and I've always been a bit of A TMNT Fan but there's never been a good jumping on point for me when i got back into comics

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Thanks and I've always been a bit of A TMNT Fan but there's never been a good jumping on point for me when i got back into comics
    Yeah,they are so complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I love Dredd, it's probably my favorite comic. Simonson is off to a good year, and 7th Sword has potential.

I'd like to try TMNT, but I dunno where to begin.
    I have been afraid to try out the IDW Dredd is it worth grabbing some of the trades? Did anyone give the new Rogue Trooper series a try?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have been afraid to try out the IDW Dredd is it worth grabbing some of the trades? Did anyone give the new Rogue Trooper series a try?
    I've read one issue of the regular Dredd series and one issue of the Year One series. They were alright, but not good enough for me to add to the pull list. I assume the inevitable five sister titles with constant crossover plots isn't far off, so I won't bother.

On Free Comic Book Day, I found Mars Attacks Popeye in the quarter bin. I read it last night, and I don't even know what to think. I just love it. It's brilliant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ish kabbible View Post
    Yeah,they are so complicated
    tell me about it....i got enough trouble keeping track of comics that randomly double ship or crossover with another comic

Amazing Member

yeah! I bought the 10-issue Mars Attacks series and really enjoyed it. I grabbed a few of the MA crossovers but haven't read most of them yet (uhhh...it's been a year...oops.)

I did get the latest Mars Attacks today. First Born #1. it's a 4-issue mini that so far seems pretty killer. the art is more cartoony but the material is pretty dark. a bit darker than the 10-issue series.

excited that IDW is doing another series. I hope it gets more love than last year's.
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

BANNED

i got the first issue of weird love and honestly it's not that interesting or good...there's only one story included that deserves the title of a weird love story...the rest just range from over the top nonsense to just plain stupid

i was expecting something more outrageous and disturbing with the way they were promoting it.....

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Langridge's Popeye was good fun, and so was the Mars Attacks special.

My shop never gets in any of the Rogue Trooper stuff.

With Dredd, you're better off checking out the trades. It's more of a commitment, but the series so far is basically one long story. It flows well from issue to issue and the big picture is cool. Nelson Daniel is a really good main artist. I know some people aren't fond of the fact that it's not exactly Dredd Canon or whatever, but I just enjoy comics for what they are.

Year One was pretty good, so was the Mars Attacks mini and the one-shot sequel to the movie. I wanted to like "Mega City Two" because the creators put so much into it, but it didn't really hook me in. The Judge Anderson books should be cool. IDW puts out plenty of Dredd books but there hasn't been anything close to " the inevitable five sister titles with constant crossover plots" mentioned by dupont2005.

Langridge's Popeye was good fun, and so was the Mars Attacks special.

My shop never gets in any of the Rogue Trooper stuff.

With Dredd, you're better off checking out the trades. It's more of a commitment, but the series so far is basically one long story. It flows well from issue to issue and the big picture is cool. Nelson Daniel is a really good main artist. I know some people aren't fond of the fact that it's not exactly Dredd Canon or whatever, but I just enjoy comics for what they are.

Year One was pretty good, so was the Mars Attacks mini and the one-shot sequel to the movie. I wanted to like "Mega City Two" because the creators put so much into it, but it didn't really hook me in. The Judge Anderson books should be cool. IDW puts out plenty of Dredd books but there hasn't been anything close to " the inevitable five sister titles with constant crossover plots" mentioned by dupont2005.
    Thanks for the information I will have to grab a trade of Year One, I do not care about it not being canon just as long as it is a solid Dredd story. They just put out Rogue Trooper classic in colour this week if you have never read Rogue Trooper and can find a copy of it worth a read.

Last night, I sat down with Dexter's Laboratory #1 and was transported back to 1996. I have never read a cartoon tie-in comic that felt so much like the original show. That was a good feeling.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ha, maybe it'll wash away the bitter taste of Nu-Dexter.

Thanks for the information I will have to grab a trade of Year One, I do not care about it not being canon just as long as it is a solid Dredd story. They just put out Rogue Trooper classic in colour this week if you have never read Rogue Trooper and can find a copy of it worth a read.
    YO is a much more serious, grounded story than the main series, but I think being so different is what makes them interesting.

I'm pretty likely to try Rogue Classics, but I wish IDW did more for their reproductions.

Ha, maybe it'll wash away the bitter taste of Nu-Dexter.

YO is a much more serious, grounded story than the main series, but I think being so different is what makes them interesting.

I'm pretty likely to try Rogue Classics, but I wish IDW did more for their reproductions.
    I plan on grabbing the Year One story and give it a try along with the first issue of Rogue Trooper this weekend just to see if the trade will be worth grabbing later. But unless you need it in colour I would highly suggest grabbing the Rogue Trooper collections 2000 AD as been putting out if you want to read some Rogue Trooper great series.

http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Trooper-...=rogue+trooper

BANNED

So Guys overall you gonna get the TF/GI Joe Ongoing or not?