Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    is T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents and Rouge Trooper cancelled?
    I've been wondering about T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents as well. No new issues has been solicited for 4 months. On the other hand, vol. 4 of the collected T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents was in the August solicits and Mars Attacks also took a long break. I do hope the series is just taking a break between story arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    If I read one, would it make more sense if I read both?
    No. They are seperate stories that take place in the same time-line/universe, but reading both is not necessary. Sometimes they have crossovers and then you would need to get both but usually you can read one without the other.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    No. They are seperate stories that take place in the same time-line/universe, but reading both is not necessary. Sometimes they have crossovers and then you would need to get both but usually you can read one without the other.
    sounds good, thanks.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Right Now I Like MLP: Friendship is Magic And MLP: Friends Forever
    It's kinda going it's own way from the show, but still an enjoyable read nonetheless.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

I'm reading:
    Transformers: MTMTE
    Transformers: RID
    Transformers: Windblade

Not sold yet on Windblade, but I'm glad that RID and MTMTE are back to form now that Dark Cybertron is (thankfully) behind us.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Reading TMNT. Looking to pick up Transformers... what is the difference between MTMTE and RID?
    All I can tell you is when the series first started I planned on only picking up RID because it had all the cool bots, while the cast of MTMTE had all the (IMO) jerks and nobodies.
    However although RID was (and is) good I actually get the biggest kick out of MTMTE. It's got real heart and humor and most of the nobodies have now become my favorite characters.

Also since the recent crossover, MTMTE now has Megatron!
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

I've been thinking of trying TMNT but was curious if it's any good. I tried X-Files but gave up on it as it reminded my too much of the show. Don't get me wrong, I love X-Files but they never seemed to solve the big alien invasion problem. It just keeps going and going and going and going and going...with no resolution.
    Last edited by Dallas; 06-09-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero by Hama

Transformers: Robots in Disguise/More Than Meets The Eye

Had to drop TMNT & Transformers for budgetary reasons, but the ending to the "Dark Cybertron"pulled me back in.

I've been thinking of trying TMNT but was curious if it's any good.
    Read Secret History of the Foot Clan. It's the best thing in the new series so far, so if you don't like that, you probably wouldn't like any of it.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

Actually, I think between my 2 local Comic Shops they have the full run of "History of the Foot Clan", maybe I'll check it out. Thanks.

I'm half way through "Dark Cybertron" right now and so far I like it. I've heard a lot of TF fans didn't like it but so far its okay. I loved the part when SPOILER ALERT
    .Megatron walks up to Bumble Bee and you think he's going to unite the Autobots & Decepticons and start kicking ass but instead Galvatron rips him in half and throws him away. I thought that was great!
    Last edited by Dallas; 06-10-2014 at 04:01 PM.

I've been thinking of trying TMNT but was curious if it's any good.
    It's very good.

It's on issue #34 or something. Do I need to start at #1 or is there a good jumping on point later in the series. I read #1 and it didn't really get me excited but sometimes one issue isn't enough.

I read #1 and it didn't really get me excited but sometimes one issue isn't enough.
    Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten that it starts a bit slow.

Do I need to start at #1 or is there a good jumping on point later in the series.
    Well, if you can get issue #5, it's useful to understanding one of the big differences between this version of the TMNT and any previous. Beyond that, starting with the beginning of the City Fall arc should be fine. If you feel like you're missing something, the 3rd trade is a good addition that relates to City Fall, as is the first Microseries trade (the one with the Turtles). Also, the Krang arc from the 5th trade will become relevant again sooner or later.
    You will need a miracle to defeat us, mutant! You are severely outnumbered!
    My brother's the one who cares about numbers.
    THUNK
    I'm the one who believes in miracles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    I'm reading:
    Transformers: MTMTE
    Transformers: RID
    Transformers: Windblade

Not sold yet on Windblade, but I'm glad that RID and MTMTE are back to form now that Dark Cybertron is (thankfully) behind us.
    Dark Cybertron was awesome. What I liked about MTMTE and RID was that it was all bot-to-bot action. Unfortunately, transformers are going back to Earth (something I was really hoping it was behind us). I hope their stay is really short. Don't need no humans ruining my bot action.

Freakin HUMANS! I liked what happened to them in Transformers Regeneration One. They finally got what they deserved!