Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

All-New Member

I've absolutely loved the run IDW has had with Ghostbusters over the last few years and it seriously bums me out to here it's coming to an end in September. http://ghostbustersnews.com/2014/06/...-in-september/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galcyon View Post
    I've absolutely loved the run IDW has had with Ghostbusters over the last few years and it seriously bums me out to here it's coming to an end in September. http://ghostbustersnews.com/2014/06/...-in-september/
    This was my fav IDW series next to TMNT

Sigh

All-New Member

Thanks to all on the Ghostbusters love. Been working on wrapping up Mass Hysteria these last few days.

Best I can say is: there are still four issues left in this ongoing, with #20 up for preorder now. If you love the series and want it to come back, tell IDW that... and spread the word to get some trades moving and these last 4 issues to sell well. (17-19 have done preorders, sure, but Diamond has more, up to a point, for any given store to order!)

It's win/win -- we go out on a high note, which is nice, and we have a good argument for a resurrection in 2015, maybe.

No matter WHAT is done, though, everyone -- THANK YOU ALL so much for the support these last three years! I've loved every minute!

More soon!

-E
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Hey guys,

I am currently buying Transformers Comics. Megatron is by far my favorite so I'm looking with issues that either have him as the focus character or show him doing some crazy feats.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

What happened to John Byrne?

He was putting out a comic every month like clockwork. My pull list says "Byrne's IDW comics" (because the title changes every 4 issues).

But lately, nada. I think the last thing he did was the photo-based Star Trek comic.

Quote Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
    What happened to John Byrne?

He was putting out a comic every month like clockwork. My pull list says "Byrne's IDW comics" (because the title changes every 4 issues).

But lately, nada. I think the last thing he did was the photo-based Star Trek comic.
    Good question. I've been wondering about the same thing. The last thing I got was Triple Helix. I couldn't find anything on Byrne Robotics, but I may have not been looking in the right part of the site.

Incredible Member

Still no word on T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents? If it's cancelled, at least have the decency to let us know.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    Dark Cybertron was awesome. What I liked about MTMTE and RID was that it was all bot-to-bot action. Unfortunately, transformers are going back to Earth (something I was really hoping it was behind us). I hope their stay is really short. Don't need no humans ruining my bot action.
    Well I'm all for bot-to-bot action, but I thought Shockwave's ultimate plan was pretty dumb and I dislike everything that has to do with the dead universe.
    Still that said, I like how it shook up the status quo of both books.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently buying Transformers Comics. Megatron is by far my favorite so I'm looking with issues that either have him as the focus character or show him doing some crazy feats.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
    If you're not already picking it up Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye now has (starting from #28) Megatron as a central cast member.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Just got the Judge Dredd Classic hardcover looks like they did a good job with colouring. It also seems like they did not remove the next prog captions after each little strip, look forward to reading it in full colour. It is easily in my opinion one of the best comics I have read and very high up on the all Dredd stories nice to see IDW put out a nice slightly oversized hardcover was worried they would do standard size and shrink that art. Hopefully the rumor that the Dark Judges is the next classic to be done, would like to see the FCBD Judge Death story make it in the Dark Judges collection.

Is IDW making/ going to make any more DnD comics? I've really been enjoying what I've read in HC so far.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member

Was not going to read the Q story line in the Star Trek comic. I haven't bought an issue since like issue 6....but the preview...and this being the first acknowledgement (at least that I know of) in story that the original timeline remains intact. This also leads to what is bound to happen...Original Trek meets Abrams Trek. I know they would draw the two crews to look like the actors that are playing them...but I wonder if the two crews would acknowledge the differences in appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Just got the Judge Dredd Classic hardcover looks like they did a good job with colouring. It also seems like they did not remove the next prog captions after each little strip, look forward to reading it in full colour. It is easily in my opinion one of the best comics I have read and very high up on the all Dredd stories nice to see IDW put out a nice slightly oversized hardcover was worried they would do standard size and shrink that art. Hopefully the rumor that the Dark Judges is the next classic to be done, would like to see the FCBD Judge Death story make it in the Dark Judges collection.
    I was on the fence about this. You just made me buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I was on the fence about this. You just made me buy it
    Yeah if you have never read it before you will get a great story with a good colouring job. If you have read it before you get a nice slightly oversized full colour copy of two of the best Dredd stories in it really is a win win with this book.

Spectacular Member

@BIRDSINBOXES on Instagram

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2852/

IDW recently set up a new imprint called EuroComics run by Dean Mullaney from the Library of American Comics, designed to reprint European comics in English, starting with the complete Corto Maltese.