Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm not enthused about this. I love the show but I really don't think every damn sci-fi series that happens to make it to air needs a comic book series.
    The reason you do it is because you know those trades will reach Barnes & Nobles and used book stores faster than most DC/Marvel books. Like I can go to any used book store in my city and I will see every single IDW trade for Dr. Who, My Little Pony, GI Joe, Cartoon Network and others.

What you are really doing is getting more attention for your show as most don't watch BBC but if they get the trade or rad it-they might become OB fans.

All-New Member

Man I have to say I'm mad at IDW for not carrying on with another volume of Ghostbusters... I'm wanting more after reading the final issue today. It was definitely one that pulled on the heart strings, went in a direction I'm completely did not see coming, and was quite satisfying while still resolving most of the major plot lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Any word on the release schedule for Simonson's Ragnarok?
    October 8th.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Thanks for stopping in, I was just gonna start a thread. Same thing with Star Slammers #7?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    Dark Cybertron was awesome. What I liked about MTMTE and RID was that it was all bot-to-bot action. Unfortunately, transformers are going back to Earth (something I was really hoping it was behind us). I hope their stay is really short. Don't need no humans ruining my bot action.
    Liked the return to Earth arc,and the re-introduction of Marissa Faireborn and Earth Defense Force. Holding out that a return to our humble planet will include a return of the INHUMANOIDS.

Ragnaraok is a comic that you absolutely need to read

I'm loving The Maxx reprints, it's one of my favorite books of all time. I FINALLY got around to reading Vol. 1 of Locke & Key, and HOLY COW is that book amazing. It's actually the next book my co-host and I are discussing on our podcast. I'm looking forward to diving into the rest of it!
    Host of Loose Staples: A Comic Book Podcast

Any rocketeer news?! Rocketeer The Spirit was retro fun, and was wondering when well see the return of Cliff Secord?

Hi, I am really a big fan of the way IDW collects material, and I am not talking only about Artist's Edition here. I own oversized collected edition of Angel After the Fall (will we see volume 2 one day?), Dave Gibbons Doctor Who as well as IDW limited red label editions of Brian Bolland Judge Dredd and Locke & Key Head Games.
    My dilemma for now is should I wait for the other volumes of Locke & Key to be published in IDW limited line (which is absolutely not a sure thing) or should I have to buy the other volumes in the series in their "regular" Special Edition form (limited hardcover)?

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Hi, I am really a big fan of the way IDW collects material, and I am not talking only about Artist's Edition here. I own oversized collected edition of Angel After the Fall (will we see volume 2 one day?), Dave Gibbons Doctor Who as well as IDW limited red label editions of Brian Bolland Judge Dredd and Locke & Key Head Games.
    My dilemma for now is should I wait for the other volumes of Locke & Key to be published in IDW limited line (which is absolutely not a sure thing) or should I have to buy the other volumes in the series in their "regular" Special Edition form (limited hardcover)?
    Maybe pick them up digitally just to read (Comixology has them on sale every few months), then wait to see if those IDW limiteds ever happen?

Thanks for the response, although I have already read the French translation of the all saga at my comics club. Now I am after copies that will be my own (and incidentally that will look great).

BANNED

What happened to the Transformers sticky? Did it get moved somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Orphan Black is getting a comic series. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this. I really hope it doesn't disrupt the flow of the on the show. There must be no disruptions.
    I talked to Chris Ryall a bit about it on my podcast. He couldn't say much about possible plots, but it definitely gave me the feeling that the series is in good hands.

http://www.filmdispenser.com/ep-27-c...all-interview/

Last month I got a best regional short film prize in Belgrade, Serbia (brag brag)
    and together with a beautiful sword sceletton statuette I received couple of comics, among which Locke & Key.
    I instantly fell in love with the book, and it's my book of the year so far
    if you love drama, horror and fantasy, and genuinely great storytelling, pick up this book, you're sure to have a lot of chills with it.
    Komic Brew - Your freshly brewed comics
    http://www.komicbrew.com
    https://www.facebook.com/komicbrew

Quote Originally Posted by Komic Brew View Post
    Last month I got a best regional short film prize in Belgrade, Serbia (brag brag)
    and together with a beautiful sword sceletton statuette I received couple of comics, among which Locke & Key.
    I instantly fell in love with the book, and it's my book of the year so far
    if you love drama, horror and fantasy, and genuinely great storytelling, pick up this book, you're sure to have a lot of chills with it.
    Congrats! And yeah, I loved Vol. 1, so great. We're diving in to Vol. 2 in the next few weeks for the podcast, I can't wait!