Super Moderator

Default "Does Spider-Man Have a Sister or What?" & Other Unresolved Stories

CSBG has an archive of unresolved comic book plots, like whether the amazing Spider-Man actually has a sister or not!

Full article here.

BANNED

I didn't care a lot for this story, the art was fantastic though. And I think Teresa Parker has a ton of potential. I highly doubt we'll see her anytime soon though, if ever again.

It was an okay OGN but I don't really see any follow-up for it, especially with the tanking reputation of the ASM movies which focused so much on Peter's family.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Don't see it being followed up anytime soon. If it was I'd have thought we'd have heard something by now.

BANNED

I really liked Family Business. I know the ASM movies get a lot of flack for focusing too much on Peter's parents being secret agents, but I think that's something where it very much hinges on the execution than just the concept. I think the story benefitted from being a Kingpin story, so it was very much about "Spider-Man vs The Kingpin" alongside having Peter's sister. I love the Parker family enough that I would welcome a new member like Teresa, and I think having her be part of the family business avoids part of the problems with the ASM films, where Peter Parker as the heir to his family's legacy and Peter Parker as Spider-Man where in conflict. I mean, that could make for a good story, but that's not what those movies were going for, so it left them with an identity crisis. I like trying to explore the "Peter Parker" side of things, but ASM was indecisive. Family Business managed to show comfort in exploring the Parker family without detracting from just telling a Spider-Man story. Even if it's a bit late to follow up on this story, I really want to see Teresa again.

BANNED

It'll be touched on again in ten years by an up-and-coming creator.