Page 76 of 138 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2058

Oooh fun game!

(Edited--change of mind, wanted to go with something more internationally flavored!)

Captain America
    Sunfire
    Black Panther
    Iron Patriot (the current Asian female version)
    Crimson dynamo
    Captain Britain
    Last edited by la-femme-amelie; 07-06-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Just to change things up, I'd probably do a homage group based on the New Teen Titans.

Patriot Elijah Bradley (Robin)
    Her (Starfire)
    Ultra Girl (Wonder Girl)
    Xavin (Changeling/Beast Boy)
    Iron Man/War Machine (Cyborg)
    Satana (Raven)
    Quicksilver (Kid Flash)

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    honestly my dream avengers roster is almost entirely the X-Men.
    LOL! Well, let's still hear it! Whom would they be, exactly? I'm rather curious whom WOULDN'T be an X-man!

What sort of characters does a true and blue x-fan like, outside of the X-men?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Just to change things up, I'd probably do a homage group based on the New Teen Titans.

Patriot Elijah Bradley (Robin)
    Her (Starfire)
    Ultra Girl (Wonder Girl)
    Xavin (Changeling/Beast Boy)
    Iron Man/War Machine (Cyborg)
    Satana (Raven)
    Quicksilver (Kid Flash)
    Oh my! This is actually one of the most innovative lineups I've ever seen! This is a cool idea, dude! = ) Not sure they make sense as the Avengers, but it would still be neat.

Also, you made me realize, that even though the character-basics of Satana and Raven are more or less the same, their characterizations couldn't be more different... Satana on the Avengers?! Oh my...!

Well, it'd be interesting, that's for sure, lol!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Oh my! This is actually one of the most innovative lineups I've ever seen! This is a cool idea, dude! = ) Not sure they make sense as the Avengers, but it would still be neat.

Also, you made me realize, that even though the character-basics of Satana and Raven are more or less the same, their characterizations couldn't be more different... Satana on the Avengers?! Oh my...!

Well, it'd be interesting, that's for sure, lol!
    Thanks! You're probably right about this being a better roster for something like an Alpha Flight or Squadron Supreme-type team than an Avengers group. But what the heck, it's fun thinking outside of the box.

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Gambit
    Jean Grey
    Nightcrawler
    Scarlet Witch

Something like this could be a fun team,and has a nice verity of powers.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Ant-man (Scott Lang)
    Giant-Man (Raz Malhotra)
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Innocent Baby Thanos
    Silver Surfer
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    Vision
    Drax the Destroyer
    Nebula
    Korg
    Thing
    Daredevil
    Watcher (Uatu)
    Triton

The more I think about it the more I think I want this book

Maybe add someone utilitarian, but not OP like Topaz as mystic expert and off to the races.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Astounding View Post
    The more I think about it the more I think I want this book

Maybe add someone utilitarian, but not OP like Topaz as mystic expert and off to the races.
    Not sure that adding a "utilitarian" mystic to the mix would do much to avert any OP-ness - that's still a team with the IMMORTAL Hulk and an Elder of the Universe on it!

You've already got cosmic-level power... and then add Rogue to the mix, and she can tap into that, and allow for even more extension of that power.

Still, I think I kind of agree - it WOULD be a very interesting team! : ) Most of the Avengers on it are very different personality-wise, but also don't know each other very well - in Hulk's case, this could be good! He wouldn't have the same kind of bad blood with most of the people on the team - on the other hand, neither would he have the GOOD kind of blood between them either...

Cool side-note: would be interesting to hear the two MAD scientists Banner and McCoy sit down and actually have a real chat - about transformations, fears, and the experiments they've done on themselves through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Not sure that adding a "utilitarian" mystic to the mix would do much to avert any OP-ness - that's still a team with the IMMORTAL Hulk and an Elder of the Universe on it!

You've already got cosmic-level power... and then add Rogue to the mix, and she can tap into that, and allow for even more extension of that power.
    Totally a pet hang up, I just don't like the Avengers being where you go for Sorceror Supreme level business. That's the Defenders or now they've been genre shifted the Midnight Sons' deal. In my ideal world the Sorceror Supreme turns up because they're called by the Scarlet Witch, or Dr Druid or someone of that incredibly capable, but not preoccupied with scrying Dormammu 24/7 level.

Just an entirely irrational preference.

Still, I think I kind of agree - it WOULD be a very interesting team! : ) Most of the Avengers on it are very different personality-wise, but also don't know each other very well - in Hulk's case, this could be good! He wouldn't have the same kind of bad blood with most of the people on the team - on the other hand, neither would he have the GOOD kind of blood between them either...
    It's a team full of founders and former leaders of world class teams too. I can imagine the personality politics being fascinating as they shift and settle to a low boil.

Cool side-note: would be interesting to hear the two MAD scientists Banner and McCoy sit down and actually have a real chat - about transformations, fears, and the experiments they've done on themselves through the years.
    This would be a big selling point of it for me personally. I've got a very soft spot for the Avengers' non Iron Man brainboxes, especially when they interact.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Astounding View Post
    Totally a pet hang up, I just don't like the Avengers being where you go for Sorceror Supreme level business. That's the Defenders or now they've been genre shifted the Midnight Sons' deal. In my ideal world the Sorceror Supreme turns up because they're called by the Scarlet Witch, or Dr Druid or someone of that incredibly capable, but not preoccupied with scrying Dormammu 24/7 level.

Just an entirely irrational preference.
    For me, it's that Dr. Strange has a job. And it's a cosmically important sort of job, protecting the world from incursions by Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, Nightmare, D'Spayre, Mephisto, etc., etc. Putting him on an Avengers team, to do a job that Dr. Voodoo, or Wanda, or Daimon Hellstrom, or Druid, or son-of-Druid-the-sequel, any of a dozen other lower tier spellcasters and sorcerers and mystic sorts (like Jimaine Szardos, Ilyanna or Jennifer Kale) could do, is, IMO, irresponsibly endangering the world.

It's a team full of founders and former leaders of world class teams too. I can imagine the personality politics being fascinating as they shift and settle to a low boil.
    I'd love to see Cyclops and Captain America on a team, just to see how they'd work together. Both are alpha leaders, and yet both have proven quite capable of following the lead of friends and allies like Ororo and Janet (respectively). But would their ability to take orders from women who are long-time friends translate well into an ability to 'play well' with rival alpha dog leaders who *aren't* long-time friends and teammates?

Either version, seamlessly and professionally working together, to the shock of everyone who wants conflict and juvenile peen-measuring, or, yes, drama!, complete with peen-measuring, could be fun to read.

I've got a very soft spot for the Avengers' non Iron Man brainboxes, especially when they interact.
    Ditto. The team is crawling with scientists and other brainy sorts, like Banner, McCoy, Pym, T'Challa, etc. and I'd love to see them in a Stark-free environment getting to strut their stuff.

(I had the same problem as a Legion of Super-Heroes fan. That team also has a fair number of both geniuses and scientists, but one character has 'smart' as a super-power, and every single smart thing has his stink all over it, even if it was originally something that Invisible Lyle or Mon-El or Saturn Girl invented or designed or dreamt up. Nobody else is allowed to be smart when he's in the room, so it turns into 'Brainy and his annoyingly stupid sidekicks that he has to explain everything to in an exasperated tone' show. And that show's so old that it got cancelled.)

I like Avengers as Marvel's Justice League so I want to be big and over top

1.Captain America
    2.Thor
    3.Iron Man
    4.Hulk
    5.Black Panther
    6.Captain Marvel
    7.Storm

8.Sue Storm
    9.Spiderman
    10.Dr Strange
    11.Iso
    12.Starlord
    13.Wolverine

I pick 12 as the number because they are 12 Olympians in mythology and that is kinda good comparison point. Hades was also important to this group in mythology so sneak in 13 person for that role. Try to touch on every major character or groups in Marvel for example Storm(X-men) Iso (Inhumans) Starlord(GoG) Sue Storm((FF). With this team set up as it I think another Avengers book with Vision, Hawkeye,Scarlet Witch,etc

Odin summons Thor and tells him it is time for him to learn about his true power, the Thorforce, and it will require an epic quest.

Odin and Thor travel outside of Time to recruit Cable the co-lead of the team. He then gifts Cable with upgrades, curing his Techno-virus and restoring his powers to close to full strength.

He then says they must recruit the rest of the team through time and space. By the end of the recruiting story arc the team subsists of:

Thor
    Cable
    Iron Man
    Dr. Strange
    Spider Gwen
    Lady Deadpool

The first story arc after that Odin tells them the team needs one more member, the Juggernaut, who they must take with them into the Crimson Cosmos to kill Cyttorak so Juggernaut can finally walk the path of the hero.

Following story arcs would include twists on several big bads from alternate times/realities, like an Apocalypse who has mastered the arcane on top of his known powers, etc.

Astonishing Member

Black Knight
    Wasp- (Jan)
    Prof Hulk
    Odinson
    Ironman- Rhodey
    Spiderwoman_- Julia
    Hawkeye( Clint)
    Firestar
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Iceman- Grown
    Spiderman- Pete

The Multiversal Avengers (Marvel's answer to Justice Incarnate)

Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy)
    Cyclops (Corporal Scott Summers)
    The Panther (T'Chaka II)
    Captain America ("Rojhaz"/Steve Rogers)
    Banner Jr. (Bruce Banner Jr. from the OML/New Defenders timeline)
    Tsar Piotr Rasputin
    Mapone Romanova
    The Hulk (Peter Parker from the Bullet Points world)
    Spider-Man (Yu Komori)
    Venom (Clint Barton, Secret Wars: Renew Your Vows)
    Abigail Brand (Secret Wars: The Siege)
    Iron Man (Sonny Frisco)
    Invisible Woman (Age of X)
    Last edited by Swamp Thing 2099; 07-13-2018 at 12:14 AM.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Black Widow
    Hyperion- Clarkish
    Ironman- Tony
    Falcon- Sam
    Daredevil
    Antman- O'Grady
    Cho Hulk
    Herc
    Northstar
    Witchfire