Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2100
    Extraordinary Member

Not necessarily a 'Dream Pick" by anyone's standards...but Avengers Reservists Assemble!!!

Wasp (Jan)
    US Agent
    Justice
    Ultra Girl
    Demolition Man (revamped as class 100)
    Silverclaw

When Nefarius comes back to life while being studied at Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. they send out an alert to the government and the Avengers.

Silverclaw is as the Avengers HQ making breakfast for Jarvis...D-Man is there as well since his (in my head canon) reinvigorated super strength means he can't just go to the local gym.
    Wasp is in a business meeting at Pym Labs in NJ and her Avengers ID goes off
    US Agent is testifying at the Federal Courthouse in southern Manhattan when his ID goes off and he runs all the way to the Avengers HQ as it is quicker than getting a car, bus or train
    Justice and Ultra Girl are enjoying breakfast at a cafe when his Avengers ID goes off and he takes Suzy with him reasoning that if the reserves are being activated they will need all the help they can get.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Agent Iron- Rhodes
    Wasp
    Beast
    Hollywood
    Firestar
    Ultra Girl
    Aurora
    Moondragon
    Doc Strange

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Cap
    Agent Iron- Rhodes
    Wasp
    Beast
    Hollywood
    Firestar
    Ultra Girl

Aurora
    Moondragon
    Doc Strange
    Yeah...that might cause an issue.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah...that might cause an issue.
    Oh, But that’s half the fun.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, But that’s half the fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    At least Aurora and Moondragon will be there to foster stability and professionalism.

Ultimate Member

At least Aurora and Moondragon will be there to foster stability and professionalism.
    Ha!

Still, this line up does sound like it could bring the drama, and even has the bromantic Beast and Wonder Man pairing.

Hmm, Moondragon and Dr. Strange, some real versatile powerhouses there. Wonder Man, Ultra Girl and, to an extent, Rhodey and Beast bring the tankage / hand to hand. (Although Rhodey brings the flying zaps of Firestar as well.) Lots of fliers. Lots of different people in various niches. Interesting. A lot of line ups have like *one* 'tank' or versatile psychic/mage slot, but this team's got multiple options for some categories, which could make for some fun comparison/contrast scenes where different characters take completely different tacs, or do the same general thing, but differently (or more or less successfully, Rhodey's armor can break, Beast isn't as tanky as Simon, etc...), depending on their individual strengths or powers.

Astonishing Member

Ironman- Tony
    Thor
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Quicksilver
    Antman- Scott
    Captain Marvel
    Battlestar
    Justice
    Cho Hulk
    Bishop

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ha!

Still, this line up does sound like it could bring the drama, and even has the bromantic Beast and Wonder Man pairing.

Hmm, Moondragon and Dr. Strange, some real versatile powerhouses there. Wonder Man, Ultra Girl and, to an extent, Rhodey and Beast bring the tankage / hand to hand. (Although Rhodey brings the flying zaps of Firestar as well.) Lots of fliers. Lots of different people in various niches. Interesting. A lot of line ups have like *one* 'tank' or versatile psychic/mage slot, but this team's got multiple options for some categories, which could make for some fun comparison/contrast scenes where different characters take completely different tacs, or do the same general thing, but differently (or more or less successfully, Rhodey's armor can break, Beast isn't as tanky as Simon, etc...), depending on their individual strengths or powers.
    Kinda of wondered about having Moondragon on the same team as Doc. Thought that might be over the top. But I thought she’d bring the fun also a writer could find some way to nerf them so they wouldn’t be so overwhelming. It be fun to re visit her relationship with Hank too. For our purposes The dynamic is a little more grown up than when they were Defenders together.

Astonishing Member

Ironman
    Wasp
    Hercules
    Ms.Marvel
    Firebird
    Viv Vision
    Ironfist
    Shadowcat
    Wolvie
    Comet Man
    Light speed
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 07-09-2023 at 07:28 AM.

I posted a similar team roster in another thread, but it's only because I love these characters so much. Also I like the idea of an Avengers team being made up of reformed villains or villains making temporary alliances.

Janet Van Dyne / Wasp
    Heather Douglas / Moondragon
    Mantis
    Tilda Johnson / Nightshade
    Karla Sofen / Moonstone
    Melissa Gold / Songbird
    Namor
    Aaron Stack / Machine Man

is moonstone and moondragon on the same team too confusing?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

A new Avengers line up. On the veteran side you have Cap, Iron Man, She-Hulk, and Thor.

Cap brings the leadership and inspiration, Iron Man brings the tech (and the cash), She-Hulk brings muscle, a sense of humor, and an underrated tactical mind, Thor brings the godly power.

On the newbie side you have Ghost Rider and the Stepford Cuckoos.

Ghost Rider brings a bunch of different magical based abilities, which he used to great effect his first time on the team. The Cuckoos are top level psychics, identical in looks but each having a distinct personality which means they’ll all react to being Avengers in different ways.

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Falcon
    Wasp
    Hyperion- Clarkish
    Ultra Girl
    Beast
    Havok
    Polaris
    Spider- man- Miles
    Spider Woman- Julia/ w telepathic and some clairvoyant in addition to spideriffic powers

Amazing Member

I got bored and revisited an old thing I once found: Calamity Jon's Avengers Lineup Game

The Veterans
    Photon / Monica Rambeau
    Hercules

I don't remember much from No Surrender/ No Road Home, but iirc by the end of Stern's run they reached a kind of mutual respect in spite of their clashing personalities. It'd be fun to see tensions flare up as they're leading the team.

The Newcomers
    Sabra / Ruth Bat-Seraph
    Sleepwalker

Sabra's the team's Black Widow/Captain Marvel type, a professional agent with superpowers. Sleepwalker's a funky little dude who should get more action.

The Revamps of Existing Characters
    Giant-Man / Raz Malhotra
    Iron Patriot / Eugene "Flash" Thompson

Raz was poised to be an Avengers member when he was introduced, but he's been largely forgotten. In a Pymless era, we need a Giant-Man for the team. Flash is feeling unfulfilled and doing motivational speeches at high schools and VFW halls now that the Symbiote's hanging with Eddie Brock and his kid. During one of his appearances, he's approached by Henry Peter Gyrich, who offers him a set of working "legs" in exchange for staying in the Pentagon's back pocket. He reluctantly accepts. He's sent to assist this ad-hoc gang of superheroes and joins the team for real. It's awkward for him, not because he feels like he's holding onto a secret or because his teammates resent having the government involved in the team: he's tense because he just doesn't know these people.

I'm skipping the new characters because this isn't an OC-promotion thread

Wildcards
    Tigra / Greer Grant, and her new boyfriend/former therapist...
    Dr. Druid / Anthony Druid

Oh come on, this fucking guy?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCroatia View Post
    I got bored and revisited an old thing I once found: Calamity Jon's Avengers Lineup Game

The Veterans
    Photon / Monica Rambeau
    Hercules

I don't remember much from No Surrender/ No Road Home, but iirc by the end of Stern's run they reached a kind of mutual respect in spite of their clashing personalities. It'd be fun to see tensions flare up as they're leading the team.

The Newcomers
    Sabra / Ruth Bat-Seraph
    Sleepwalker

Sabra's the team's Black Widow/Captain Marvel type, a professional agent with superpowers. Sleepwalker's a funky little dude who should get more action.

The Revamps of Existing Characters
    Giant-Man / Raz Malhotra
    Iron Patriot / Eugene "Flash" Thompson

Raz was poised to be an Avengers member when he was introduced, but he's been largely forgotten. In a Pymless era, we need a Giant-Man for the team. Flash is feeling unfulfilled and doing motivational speeches at high schools and VFW halls now that the Symbiote's hanging with Eddie Brock and his kid. During one of his appearances, he's approached by Henry Peter Gyrich, who offers him a set of working "legs" in exchange for staying in the Pentagon's back pocket. He reluctantly accepts. He's sent to assist this ad-hoc gang of superheroes and joins the team for real. It's awkward for him, not because he feels like he's holding onto a secret or because his teammates resent having the government involved in the team: he's tense because he just doesn't know these people.

I'm skipping the new characters because this isn't an OC-promotion thread

Wildcards
    Tigra / Greer Grant, and her new boyfriend/former therapist...
    Dr. Druid / Anthony Druid

Oh come on, this fucking guy?
    ^^^Nice template to work off of (thanks for sharing), and a nice team you came up with!