Page 115 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2069
    Amazing Member

The Avengers

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Spectrum
    She-Hulk
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

A solid mix of personalities and powersets in a more-compact ensemble cast

Fantastic Member

My Dream Avengers Roster.....

1.) The Catelyst (Juggernaut)

2.) Leader (Silver Surfer)

3/4) Brains (Vision)/Heart (Scarlett Witch)

5.) POV character (Captain Marvel/Marvel Boy)

6.) Transporter (Blink)

7.) Ass-Kicker (Super Skrull)

My dream Avengers book is a new team of earths mightiest heroes, and when the roster shows up you just say holy crap. GOTG are kinda the lighthearted cosmic team but this is more of the killer group that could destroy a planet.

The Avengers Initiative
    *Quasar
    *Agent Venom
    *Thunderbolt
    *She Hulk
    *Angel
    *Sage
    *Dazzler
    *Quicksilver
    Last edited by TheRay; 09-16-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Wasp
    Black Knight
    Ironman( James Rhodes)
    Doc Samson
    Captain Marvel
    Luke Cage
    Hellcat
    Wolvie
    Shadowcat, Lockheed too
    Songbird
    Sentry( Troubled but no imminent Threat, Top shelf Supes substitute with Telepathic powers.Not too ridiculouslly over powered)
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 09-18-2021 at 10:39 AM.

A classic Avengers feel

*Mr. Anger
    *Black Widow
    *Daredevil
    *Spider-Man
    *Silk
    *Ghost Spider
    *Kid Arachnid
    *Miss Marvel
    *Nova
    *Speedball
    *Americop
    *American Eagle
    *Sepulchre
    *Doctor Druid
    *Doctor Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post

Wasp (Chairwoman)
    Hank Pym
    The Vision
    She-Hulk
    USAgent
    Iron Patriot

I feel like this team would generate opportunities for some interesting character dynamics. You could have a Kirk/Spock/McCoy Freudian trio with Jan, Viz, and Hank. You could play up Hank and Jan as amicable exes who are now friends, back together in a relationship, or as a 'will they or won't they' type of thing. She-Hulk could be back to her funny, sexy, sassy self. A more conservative John Walker and liberal Toni Ho would be political opposites, à la Hawkman and Green Arrow, who could either come to respect each other more over time or remain hostile.
    I said it before but, man that is a good line up. Well done!

I like the current roster but Jason Aaron isn't very good at writing character interaction.
    Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Scarlet Witch.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

All-New Member

Give me the Avengers: crisis response team.

Spectrum (Leader)
    War machine
    Hawkeye
    Spider Woman
    Vision
    WonderMan
    Scarlet Witch
    Wasp (Nadia Pym)

Amazing Member

What does it really mean to be a hero? To me, the Avengers have always offered its members a second chance or a new lease on life. The team's founders were a playboy shaken by a near-death experience, an exiled god seeking to learn humility, a lumbering beast struggling to atone, a scientist and a socialite looking to put their newfound abilities to good use, and a man plucked out of time given another chance to save the world. After that there were ex-criminals and former radicals looking to make good, kings who had spent too much time hiding from the world, and the creations of monsters charting a new path for themselves.

In addition to being an epic and a fun punch-up, the Avengers series can show us what it means to be a hero. My team was selected from people looking to define themselves outside of the role of legacy character, sidekick, progeny of villains, or former villains themselves. It's a team that shows us that anyone can choose their own path and that anyone can be an Avenger.

THE MIGHTY AVENGERS

Captain Marvel / Carol Danvers
    -The team's leader, and the Captain Kirk of the "Kirk, Spock, and Bones" triumvirate. I like KSD's run as much as the next guy, but other than that (and to some extent, Bendis's run on the Avengers family of titles), nobody really seems to know what to do with Carol, especially not Jason Aaron. This book would give her a chance to make her her own character, rather than Mar-Vell's successor, an ex-alcoholic hotshot, or a grrrl power mouthpiece.

Falcon / Sam Wilson
    -I was ecstatic when Sam was revealed to be taking over for Steve in 2013, but his decision to hang up the shield and forge a legacy of his own, one less connected to Captain America, was a fascinating direction that ought to be expanded on. He's the Bones of the Kirk/Spock/McCoy figure, and serves as a moral center of the team appropriate for the son of a preacher.

Vision
    -Vision's going to be making his first foray onto a main Avengers team since Waid's run, and it's fitting to explore the world as it now looks to him- his grandfather and father have been fused into one being, he had a new family before all (except his daughter, I guess) died, and now, he's sharing a team with Wanda again. Sure, there will be some will-they-won't-they tension and a lot of old feelings will be dredged up, but this run will be about them learning to reconcile as friends and teammates, two scions of villains who have a deep shared history but don't need to fall back into their on-and-off-again relationship. He's also the Spock of the leadership triad, representing the more pragmatic and logical angel on Carol's shoulder.

Scarlet Witch / Wanda Maximoff
    -It'll be the first time since Avengers Disassembled that Vision and Wanda have shared the spotlight on a main Avengers book, and like I mentioned above, they'll hold a soft spot for each other, but it's time that they learn who they are independent of their relationships. There was an interesting bit in Busiek's run where Wanda considered leaving because she felt that she was only tied to the Avengers by the relationships she had. Now, it's time for Wanda to get her groove back. As a former villainess, she'll be a big sister figure to Songbird, who's trying to learn what it means to be a "real Avenger".

Songbird / Melissa Gold
    -Songbird is the rookie of the team and occupies a similar space to the one Justice had during Busiek's Avengers run. She's excited and wants to prove herself as a big-league hero (because I'm making the future described in Avengers Forever come true if it kills me, dammit), having overcome her time as a villain. However, she still has moments of self-doubt and occasionally feels out of place. Wanda becomes a mentor to her, as they share their history of being ex-villains together. Wanda of all people knows that progress isn't a straight line, and she wants to see Songbird grow into her own.

Mach-V / Abner Jenkins
    -If Songbird is the Justice, Mach-V (or whatever number he's on now) is the Firestar. He's much more reluctant and nervous, and while he likes the hero life, part of him wonders if he really wants the action of it all. After all, the Avengers has always had couples on its many iterations, and many of those couples have had tensions- Abner and Melissa having different ideas on what their roles as heroes and teammates mean is just one potential source of the drama that's kept this franchise fresh. He's also the Big Gun for the team, and as a tech guy and engineer, he'll finally have the resources to make himself the toys he's always wanted. That's the crux of his character in this run: does he want to follow Melissa and be a superhero, or is he more content being the team's supportive gunsmith?

Justice / Josiah X
    -I guess he's going by Justice now? Every team needs a token abrasive teammate, and every Avengers lineup worth its salt needs some form of a Captain America. In this lineup, that's Josiah X. A clone of Isaiah Bradley, himself an allegory for the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, a blot on our country's record, Josiah will re-examine what it means to be Captain America. This will be a stark (heh) contrast to Sam, who's doing a bit of that himself. Sam's always been the more agreeable, reformist, let's-set-aside-our-differences type, and Josiah's much more ...confrontational. Think of this as debate between MLK and Malcom X, where I'm doing my damndest not to write it as preachy.

Iron Fist / Danny Rand
    -When devising this roster, I kept feeling like I was missing something. I needed a comic relief character. I needed someone who opens up the team into mythical adventures. I needed someone with financial resources. I thought about Hercules and She-Hulk, but their powersets just felt redundant. And then, as I was writing this post, it hit me: Danny Rand. He's been one of my favorite mainstays since the Bendis era (which I grew up on), and with Luke being a dad, Iron Fist needs to rediscover who he is without his platonic life partner by his side. I mean, yes, Danny has had his share of solo runs, but for a lot of people, he's Luke Cage's best bud. It's time to show that the Immortal Iron Fist can be his own man.

EDIT: wait **** maybe Volstagg would be more fun than Danny. He could have some of his War Thor powers by being given Jarnbjorn or something.
    Last edited by CaptainCroatia; 09-25-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Leader Hazmat
    Haywire
    Nighthawk
    Hyperion
    Quasar

Astonishing Member

T’challa
    Black Widow
    Captain Marvel
    Ant man ( Scott)
    Moondragon
    Prof Hulk
    North Star
    Songbird
    Morph
    Nocturne
    Iron Girl

Astonishing Member

Wasp
    Beast
    Hellcat
    Jean Grey
    Hercules
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Ultra Girl
    Firestar
    Viv Vision
    Ben Grimm( Spikey Brick Look)
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 10-13-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Falcon
    Ironman( Rhodey)
    Yellowjacket
    Hawkeye
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Hyperion( Clarkish)
    Sunfire
    Namorita
    Scarlet Spider- Ben
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 10-16-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Brother Gemini
    Cannonball
    Siryn
    Thor
    Captain America
    Daredevil
    The Black Widow
    Power Man
    Hercules
    Angel
    Psylocke
    Cyclops