Page 124 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2083
    Amazing Member

My Avengers 'Dream Team':

Mockingbird (leader)
    Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)
    Goliath (Bill Foster)
    Hawkeye
    Thor
    Hulk (Amadeus Cho)
    Quicksilver
    Stingray (Reserve or Part Time Member)

Fantastic Member

An Avengers Legacy Roster forms after all former Avengers have been kidnapped by the Collector and it's up to the legacy of the Avengers to save them made up of family and allies and unexpected new comers:

Patriot (Eli Bradley)
    Shuri
    Speed
    Hawkeye (Kate)
    Giant Man (Raz)
    Captain Marvel (Phyla-Vell)
    Beta Ray Bill
    White Tiger (Angela DelToro)
    Dr. Positron
    Red Harpy
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Clea Strange
    Swordswoman
    Falcon (Joaquin)
    Songbird
    Mach-X
    White Widow (Yelena)
    Cloud-9
    Rūna
    Virtue

Reserves: Goliath (Tom Foster), Atlas (Erik Josten), Genis-Vell, Black Knight (Jacks Chopra), Skaar, Rick Jones (as A-Bomb), Patriot (Rayshaun), Accuser Lauri-Ell, Annabelle Riggs (as Nova or Valkyrie)

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    An Avengers Legacy Roster forms after all former Avengers have been kidnapped by the Collector and it's up to the legacy of the Avengers to save them made up of family and allies and unexpected new comers:

Patriot (Eli Bradley)
    Shuri
    Speed
    Hawkeye (Kate)
    Giant Man (Raz)
    Captain Marvel (Phyla-Vell)
    Beta Ray Bill
    White Tiger (Angela DelToro)
    Dr. Positron
    Red Harpy
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Clea Strange
    Swordswoman
    Falcon (Joaquin)
    Songbird
    Mach-X
    White Widow (Yelena)
    Cloud-9
    Rūna
    Virtue

Reserves: Goliath (Tom Foster), Atlas (Erik Josten), Genis-Vell, Black Knight (Jacks Chopra), Skaar, Rick Jones (as A-Bomb), Patriot (Rayshaun), Accuser Lauri-Ell, Annabelle Riggs (as Nova or Valkyrie)
    Nicely done!

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Hank Pym in any superhero role — Yellowjacket?
    The Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    The Beast
    Wonder Man

Amazing Member

Genis-Vell is Guy Gardner. I figure that either the Nova Corps or the Kree Sentries (and Captains/Misses Marvel) are the closest equivalent Marvel has to the Lantern Corps, and in the latter case, the Nega Bands work as an analogue to the power rings. As such, I needed an ******* Captain Marvel to fill Guy's shoes, and with Carol being more of a Hal, Genis seemed to be the best option.

Also, Herc is Shazam- both are more juvenile versions of their franchise's go-to powerhouse (Thor and Superman) who get their powers from Greek mythology.

EDIT: This is in reference to @Kaijudo's post
    Last edited by CaptainCroatia; 09-02-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Amazing Member

I've been reading through some F4 and Morrison's New X-Men, and something occurred to me: my favorite Avengers runs are the ones with a healthy (or not lol) amount of interpersonal pseudo-family drama. Shooter, Busiek, and the early Bendis runs all shone because of this. I'd want to pare down the cast to a core group of classic and classic-adjacent characters with a lot of connective tissue among them.

My "soap opera" Avengers team looks like this:

Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
    Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)
    Hulkling (Teddy Altman)
    Wiccan (Billy Kaplan)
    Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)

with Genis-Vell joining as a "Sixth Ranger" type character around the second or third arc.

The full team consists of the reunited Pyms, their great-grandson (cue Jan recoiling in disgust at her age), and their great-grandson in law, as well as not one or two but THREE successors to the title of Captain Marvel. It also has a pretty diverse stable of superpowers on hand, giving them the capability to handle any external threat. Internal issues, though? Not so much.

I'd also love to add some ancillary characters; Kate and Tommy could pop into visit their fellow YA alum from time to time, that whole thing Hank had with Jocasta and/or Tigra could get dredged up, and you'd probably need Doc Samson to serve as the team's resident psychiatrist and mediator.

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Wasp
    Yellowjacket
    Ironman( Rhodey)
    Hercules
    Wonder man
    Scarlet Witch
    Speed
    Luke Cage
    Ironfist
    Nightcrawler
    Xavin
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 09-07-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Ironman
    Black Knight
    Captain Marvel
    Antman(Scott)
    Volstagg
    Quicksilver
    Battlestar
    She Hulk- Classic
    Spiderwoman( Julia)( Team Telepath in addition to Spider powers)
    Sunfire
    Gambit
    Songbird
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 09-20-2022 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCroatia View Post
    Genis-Vell is Guy Gardner. I figure that either the Nova Corps or the Kree Sentries (and Captains/Misses Marvel) are the closest equivalent Marvel has to the Lantern Corps, and in the latter case, the Nega Bands work as an analogue to the power rings. As such, I needed an ******* Captain Marvel to fill Guy's shoes, and with Carol being more of a Hal, Genis seemed to be the best option.

Also, Herc is Shazam- both are more juvenile versions of their franchise's go-to powerhouse (Thor and Superman) who get their powers from Greek mythology.

EDIT: This is in reference to @Kaijudo's post
    Blergh, can't believe I forgot about Captain Marvel/Shazam! That makes total sense. Nice work!

Decided to have some fun and took a list of my 60 favorite Marvel heroes/anti-heroes and put them into six Avengers teams, each with a roster of 10 members. Some are naturally tied to their teams via history, some due to their power set, some from past storylines the characters encountered. Not all of these folks have been Avengers before, so it was fun pulling in folks from all over the Marvel Universe and trying to make them work in these line-ups. So with that in mind:

East Coast Avengers
    Wasp (Jan) - Leader
    Scarlet Witch
    Nighthawk (Original Kyle Richmond)
    Warpath
    Firestar
    She-Hulk
    Morbius
    Strong Guy
    Iron Fist (Danny)
    Frog-Man

West Coast Avengers
    Hawkeye (Clint) - Leader
    Songbird
    Wonder Man
    Tigra
    Namora
    Ghost Rider (Johnny)
    Dazzler
    American Eagle
    Two-Gun Kid
    Jolt

Magical Avengers
    Black Knight (Dane) - Leader
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Juggernaut
    Daimon Hellstrom
    Talisman
    Moon Knight
    Sasquatch
    Blazing Skull
    Puma
    Howard the Duck

Cosmic Avengers
    Spectrum - Leader
    The Thing
    Jack of Hearts
    Firebird
    Havok
    Polaris
    Nova (Richard)
    Hercules
    Rocket Raccoon
    The Captain (Nextwave)

International Avengers
    Captain Britain (Brian) - Leader
    Doctor Voodoo
    Hellcat
    Shang-Chi
    Ursa Major
    Sunfire
    Northstar
    Peregrine
    Gorilla-Man
    Banshee

Secret Avengers
    Mockingbird - Leader
    Machine Man
    Beast
    Madame Web (Julia)
    Stingray
    Multiple Man
    Ant-Man (Scott)
    Fantomex
    Mister Immortal
    Spitfire

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Decided to have some fun and took a list of my 60 favorite Marvel heroes/anti-heroes and put them into six Avengers teams, each with a roster of 10 members. Some are naturally tied to their teams via history, some due to their power set, some from past storylines the characters encountered. Not all of these folks have been Avengers before, so it was fun pulling in folks from all over the Marvel Universe and trying to make them work in these line-ups. So with that in mind:

East Coast Avengers
    Wasp (Jan) - Leader
    Scarlet Witch
    Nighthawk (Original Kyle Richmond)
    Warpath
    Firestar
    She-Hulk
    Morbius
    Strong Guy
    Iron Fist (Danny)
    Frog-Man
    This would be a dope Uncanny Avengers lineup, and it certainly Morbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    The Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    The Beast
    Wonder Man
    I love this roster right here!

Except for Beast. That guy has lost his freakin and going down really bad path.

Considering that Aaron is "finally" ending his run, I thought about coming up with a line-up that Marvel may want to promote in the Avengers, due to what they have coming in the MCU. I chose a line-up that I think may work, with characters I actually like in the comics.
    Here we go:
    Wonder Man - Said to have an upcoming mini-series in Disney +. Simon Williams is one of the Avengers greatest powerhouses, however, it's time to end this stupid pacifist phase. Maybe Simon can find some middle ground in his less violence stance. Might make him more interesting than just making him an invulnerable punching bag, when he comes against an aggressive foe. Coupled with his super-speed flight and invulnerability, his vast strength makes Simon an irresistible force, a one man blitzkrieg. 95 T.
    Photon - Monica Rambeu, previously Spectrum and Captain Marvel. Soon to star in The Marvels. Probably one of the most powerful Avengers of all, with her ability to transform into any energy in the electromagnetic spectrum. Once also led the team. I'd place her as leader, however, there is another character in the team that it's kind of difficult to go against. Perhaps a co-leadership?
    Captain America / Falcon - Really prefer Sam Wilson as the Falcon rather than as Captain America, however, that is what Marvel to trying to push him as nowadays, and he has an upcoming film in Captain America New World Order. Sam is an experienced hand to hand fighter and aerial combatant, and he also has led the team. It's hard to separate the image of Captain America from the Avengers leadership, so I'd place him in the leader's spot, with Monica as second in command, or even a co-leader.
    Hercules - The son of Zeus appeared in the final minutes of Thor Love and Thunder, and probably will show up in the next movie of the Thunder God (still unconfirmed) or elsewhere. However, I want to see the boisterous Hercules back, not the tame and boring Ewing version that seemed to be there merely to be Marvel Boy's boyfriend (and I really like Ewing, one of my favorite current Marvel writers, but, IMHO, he missed the spot there). Give me the Pak version back, or even the Abnett more focused version (whose look the movie version seems to have borrowed). Alongside Thor, arguably the strongest Avenger ever. 100 T.
    She-Hulk - Currently staring her own Disney + series (which I won't argue the quality, or even the lack of it, here), and said to have a major role in future Avengers films. In Comics, I've always loved Jen Walters in the Avengers (minus the Savage Hulk version that Aaron gave us), and her presence will make this a team heavy in the muscle department. I want fun, smart and sexy She-Hulk here. 90 T.
    The Black Knight - Dane Whitman showed up in the Eternals movie, and seemed to get his ebony blade at the end of the film. He'll probably soon show up elsewhere in the MCU (since I doubt they'll wait for a second Eternals movie that may never come to move forward his story). In the comics, they have been favoring a version that is more cumbered by the sword's curse (a take that, personally, I dislike), more bloodthirsty warrior than the scientist with mediaeval weapons that often graced the pages of the Avengers in the past. So, with less focus on his scientific prowess, and more on his combat ability, the responsibility of being the Avengers resident genius will fall to the offbeat addition I intend to give to the team.
    Moondragon - This one comes from out of the left field, I know, since, as far as I know, there has been no announcement that Heather Douglas will appear in the MCU, but, IMHO, she should. Moondragon is such a unique character to feature in the Avengers. One of the team's rare telepaths, and, as many writers seem to forget, a renowned scientist in the advanced society of Titan, and one of the few female Avengers scientific genius (though very rarely shown as such). I'd like to see the arrogant and obnoxious Moondragon back, not this tamer and more pleasent version that has been shown in GotG. Her disruptive presence is always welcome, and, IMHO, it'd be fun if she became such an essential part of the team with her scientific resources. Dane, of course, would often clash with her.

There you have it, quite a powerful team that Marvel might want to promote for bigger things.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 09-12-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    The Wasp
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    The Beast
    Wonder Man
    You mean, Shooter's Avengers?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Considering that Slott is "finally" ending his run, I thought about comming up with a line-up that Marvel may want to promote in the Avengers, due to what they have comming in the MCU. I chose a line-up that I think may work, with characters I actually like in the comics.
    Here we go:

Wonder Man - Said to have an upcomming mini-series in Disney +. Simon Williams is one of the Avengers greatest powerhouses, however, it's time to end this stupid pacifist phase. Maybe Simon can find some middle ground in his less violence stance. Might make him more intresting than just making him an invulnerable punching bag, when he comes against an agressive foe. Coupled with his super-speed flight and invulnerability, his vast strength makes Simon an irrisitable force, a one man blitzkrieg. 95 T.
    Photon - Monica Rambeu, previously Spectrum and Captain Marvel. Soon to star in The Marvels. Probably one of the most powerful Avengers of all, with her ability to transform into any energy in the electromagnetic spectrum. Once also led the team. I'd place her as leader, however, there is another character in the team that it's kind of difficult to go against. Perhaps a co-leadership?
    Captain America / Falcon - Really prefer Sam Wilson as the Falcon rather than as Captain America, however, that is what Marvel to trying to push him as nowadays, and he has an upcomming film in Captain America New World Order. Sam is an experienced hand to hand fighter and aerial combatent, and he also has led the team. It's hard to separate the image of Captain America from the Avengers leadership, so I'd place him in the leader's spot, with Monica as second in command, or even a co-leader.
    Hercules - The son of Zeus appeared in the final minutes of Thor Love and Thunder, and probably will show up in the next movie of the Thunder God (still unconfirmed) or elsewhewre. However, I want to see the boisterous Hercules back, not the tame and boring Ewing version that seemed to be there merely to be Marvel Boy's boyfriend (and I really like Ewing, one of my favorite current Marvel writers, but, IMHO, he missed the spot there). Give me the Pak version back, or even the Abnett more foccused version (whose look the movie version seems to have borrowed). Alongside Thor, arguably the strongest Avenger ever. 100 T.
    She-Hulk - Currently staring her own Disney + series (which I won't argue the quality, or even the lack of it, here), and said to have a major role in future Avengers films. In Comics, I've always loved Jen Walters in the Avengers (minus the Savage Hulk version that Slott gave us), and her presence will make this a team heavy in the muscle department. I want fun, smart and sexy She-Hulk here. 90 T.
    The Black Knight - Dane Whitman showed up in the Eternals movie, and seemed to get his ebony blade at the end of the film. He'll probably soon show up elsewhere in the MCU (since I doubt they'll wait for a second Eternals movie that may never come to move foward his story). In the comics, they have been favoring a version that is more cumbered by the sword's curse (a take that, personally, I dislike), more bloodthirsty warrior than the scientist with mediaeval weapons that often graced the pages of the Avengers in the past. So, with less foccus on his scientific prowess, and more on his combat ability, the responsability of being the Avengers resident genius will fall to the offbeat addition I intend to give to the team.
    Moondragon - This one comes from out of the left field, I know, since, as far as I know, there has been no announcement that Heather Douglas will appear in the MCU, but, IMHO, she should. Moondragon is such a unique character to feature in the Avengers. One of the team's rare telepaths, and, as many writers seem to forget, a renowned scientist in the advanced society of Titan, and one of the few female Avengers scientific genius (though very rarely shown as such). I'd like to see the arrogant and obnoxious Moondragon back, not this tamer and more pleasent version that has been shown in GotG. Her disruptive presence is always welcome, and, IMHO, it'd be fun if she became such an essential part of the team with her scientific resources. Dane, of course, would often clash with her.

There you have it, quite a powerful team that Marvel might want to promote for bigger things.

Peace
    Solid line-up of classic characters who aren't used to death, but I think you mean Aaron instead of Slott? Slott is leaving the FF.