Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Your Dream pick Avengers Roster

I'm new here so I'm not sure whether there's been a thread like this previously, but I'm thinking that Avenger fans might enjoy postings Rosters of Avengers that they dream up. Go crazy as you like. No maximum no minimums. Include Villains, Currently dead characters, Co Workers. Whatever. Lets just have fun and not get so cranky. So I'll try one. Let's see.... uh

Cap
    Ironman
    Uh....
    Thor....

There were other ones right? Now let'see....

Captain America
    Iron-Man
    Wasp
    Hawkeye
    Scarlet Witch
    Spider-man
    Storm
    Invisible Woman
    Songbird
    Nova

This is a roster I've always found appealing, as it includes representatives of all of Marvel's main series franchises such as Spider-man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts, Cosmic etc. I'd also like to see villains pulled in from all over for the Avengers to fight, from the Sinister Six to the Brotherhood, Frightful Four etcetc on top of the traditional Avengers foes like Ultron, Kang. I think the only main franchise/lore rep it's missing is Thor and Hulk, but Thor's powerset is covered by Storm and I quite like the idea of a more grounded power level roster (well, with the exception of Nova, lol). I also just like the character mixture and possible chemistry - you have some of the big Avengers mainstays there as well as some of those fun unexpected members. Power and personality set is vibrant and mixed, and I think interactions could be cool. And it really is about time Songbird was brought in as a proper member. :P
    http://i.imgur.com/DLYnlTM.png

The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World: OOC | IC | Wikia

Extraordinary Member

Heres my DREAM team:
    Winter Soldier, Captain America, Nova (Sam), Captain Marvel (Carol), Scarlet Witch, Wolverine, Falcon, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Silver Surfer, Luke Cage, Black Panther, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Batroc, Ms Marvel, Loki, Havok, Wasp, Emma Frost, Red Hulk, Hulk, Misty Knight, Monica R.

Astonishing Member

Captain America( Steve Rogers)
    Ironman
    Wonderman
    Wasp
    Black Widow
    Monet
    Ironfist
    Spider Man( Peter Parker)
    Firestar
    Iceman
    Justice
    Finesse
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 06-06-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

Captain America
    Luke Cage
    Hulk
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Wolverine
    Spider-Man
    Jean Grey
    Prodigy (David Alleyne)
    Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    Manifold (Eden Fesi)
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Incredible Hulk
    Captain America (Isaiah Bradley)
    Iron Patriot (Rhodey)
    Spider-Girl (Anya)

I was actually planning on making this thread today, myself.

I suppose I'll make a new document to track responses, since it's a new forum.

Anyway, a short, non-themed team, before I start re-doing all my big teams following different themes:

Captain Marvel (Carol, natch)
    Giant Man (Pym)
    Shadowcat
    Living Lightning
    Firebird
    American Eagle
    Jennifer Kale
    Songbird
    She-Hulk

Captain Marvel leads. Carol and She-Hulk provide raw strength, though Carol also flies and does energy blasts. Giant Man, aside from providing a little extra strength, is the main brains, with Shadowcat also helping out there. Shadowcat is also the main stealth member. Living Lightning and Firebird are energy wielders. Songbird also wields energy, but she's a lot more versatile. Jennifer Kale adds a mystical element. And American Eagle is a close combat expert.

And now, to start coming up with some long sets of teams. Woot!

Astonishing Member

Dig your roster. Pretty clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachamac View Post
    Captain America
    Iron-Man
    Wasp
    Hawkeye
    Scarlet Witch
    Spider-man
    Storm
    Invisible Woman
    Songbird
    Nova

This is a roster I've always found appealing, as it includes representatives of all of Marvel's main series franchises such as Spider-man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts, Cosmic etc. I'd also like to see villains pulled in from all over for the Avengers to fight, from the Sinister Six to the Brotherhood, Frightful Four etcetc on top of the traditional Avengers foes like Ultron, Kang. I think the only main franchise/lore rep it's missing is Thor and Hulk, but Thor's powerset is covered by Storm and I quite like the idea of a more grounded power level roster (well, with the exception of Nova, lol). I also just like the character mixture and possible chemistry - you have some of the big Avengers mainstays there as well as some of those fun unexpected members. Power and personality set is vibrant and mixed, and I think interactions could be cool. And it really is about time Songbird was brought in as a proper member. :P

Ultimate Member

Since Marvel is doing multiple Avengers teams, let's broaden things shall we.

Avengers (the main team/public face):

-Captain America.
    -Iron Man.
    -Thor.
    -Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).
    -Songbird.
    -Scarlet Witch.
    -Black Widow.
    -Storm.
    -Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew).
    -Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon).

New Avengers (the other main team/handles threats that the main team can't):

-Iron Man.
    -Wasp (Janet Van Dyne).
    -Captain Britain.
    -Reed Richards.
    -Sue Storm.
    -Emma Frost.
    -Black Panther.
    -Doctor Strange.
    -Namor.
    -Shuri (Black Panther II).

Secret Avengers (the covert/black-ops squad):

-Black Widow.
    -Spider-Woman.
    -Mockingbird.
    -Hawkeye.
    -Blade.
    -Psylocke.
    -Wolverine.
    -Shang-chi.
    -X-23.
    -Jubilee.

Mighty Avengers (the "common man" team):

-Luke Cage.
    -Jessica Jones.
    -Iron Fist.
    -She Hulk.
    -White Tiger (Ava Ayala).
    -Monica Rambeau.
    -Blue Marvel.
    -Pixie.
    -Daredevil.
    -Kate Bishop (Hawkeye II).

Cosmic Avengers (obvious what they'd be about):

-Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).
    -Nova.
    -Silver Surfer.
    -Moondragon.
    -Gamora.
    -Clea.
    -Angela.
    -Doctor Strange.
    -Ronin the Accuser.
    -Rachel Grey.

Young Avengers (obvious again):

-Wiccan.
    -Hulkling.
    -Kate Bishop (Hawkeye II).
    -Miss America Chavez.
    -Pixie.
    -Speed.
    -Hummingbird (Aracely).
    -Loki.
    -Finesse.
    -Patriot.

Supernatural Avengers (obvious again):

-Doctor Strange.
    -Clea.
    -Scarlet Witch.
    -Blade.
    -Loki.
    -Hank Pym.
    -Ghost Rider.
    -Venom (Flash Thompson).
    -Lady Sif.
    -Amora the Enchantress (the wildcard).

I like my teams to be more concise and less bloated.

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Carol Danvers, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man and Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamac View Post
    Nova
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post

Nova
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Nova.

Ghost Rider.
    Which Nova are you all talking about? Richard or Sam?

And Punisher, which Ghost Rider? I assume Blaze? Or do you mean Robbie Reyes?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Which Nova are you all talking about? Richard or Sam?

And Punisher, which Ghost Rider? I assume Blaze? Or do you mean Robbie Reyes?
    Blaze of course. As for Nova, I'd prefer Richard, but either one works for me. I do not share the abject hatred of Sam that many others seem to.

Fantastic Member

I like the idea.of teams or partnerships within teams. That way they can easily deal with threats that fit their baliwick by splitting off when the whole team isn't necessary. I also like one on one interaction between personalities which might clash a bit in some cases.

Captain America/Wasp as the leaders, they can split the team in half when needed.
    Thor/Hercules for the muscle, but who also bring the gods into the mix, including god level problems. Kind of want to see Storm here, who says Marvel can't invent their own pantheon of young gods
    Doctor Strange/Wiccan I really want to see a young magic user have a mentor, and I would love to see Strange in that role. They open up the mystical side of things. Jennifer Kale and/or Talismen would be characters brought in for specific stories.
    Moondragon/Emma Frost (with her power restored). Both with big egos to match their talent. Moondragon also has spent some time in space, and can bring those stories.
    Hawkeye/Nightcrawler both use weapons, but Hawkeye is more street, where Kurt always has an old fashioned swashbuckling feel to me. I also see Black widow at this level.
    Bruce Banner/Hank Pym/Tony Stark I list in their own scientific genius section, although obviously their alter egos bring a multitudes of talents.
    Nova (Richard Rider)/Spitfire (I think that is the name of the British hero) to open up space and a connection to a team that doesn't get enough love.

While Avengers should always be a team book most of the time, it would be nice to have small side stories which highlight the mini teams doing what they do best, later to integrate them into the main story.

Captain America
    Namor
    Thor
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    Kitty Pryde
    Spider-Man
    Reed Richards
    Doctor Strange (and Wiccan being trained by him)

I reckon this is a varied enough team, Cap would lead but theirs people there to call him out on his s*** if he's acting out, there's a mix of magic,genius,heavy hitters,flying and just general great heroes. There'd be some tension and falling out but hey it'd be boring if there weren't. Theirs probably some I'm forgetting and some who I like but wouldn't fit in (Cyclops).

My team for today: An updated Uncanny Avengers.

Uncanny Avengers
    Kitty Pryde
    Wasp
    Sunspot
    Scarlet Witch
    Alexis
    Captain Marvel

Kitty is chosen as leader/frontwoman. She's intelligent and experienced, and would make an effective leader. More important, she's well-spoken, outspoken and - admittedly - non-threateningly attractive. This makes her a good choice to put in front of cameras. Wasp is the co-leader, the main Avengers representative on the team. She's rich, and as a fashion designer, she knows how to work the public. Since this is a PR team, that gives Wasp a fairly unique advantage.

For the X-Men side, Kitty chooses Karma, Nightcrawler and Sunspot. Karma's a good friend, and her library background makes her effective at organization. Her telepathic powers also make her an asset in the field. Nightcrawler is one of her oldest, closest friends. More important, he's a visible mutant - he can't hide what he is. Kitty wanted someone on the team who can't hide being a mutant. And then she chooses Sunspot because he practically begged to be allowed onto the team. He's rich, which is handy, and has already served as an Avenger. He's also charming as hell, and makes nice eyecandy for women.

For the Avengers side, Wasp chooses Scarlet Witch, Vision and Monica Rambeau. Scarlet Witch is a mutant who's served with the Avengers almost from the start, which makes her a reasonable choice to Wasp. Alexis is neither human nor mutant, and serves to show that the Avengers welcome all forms of life. She's also pretty powerful. And Captain Marvel, while she's lost her emotional connection to the X-Men, does have a history with them. Kitty and Kurt, in particular, remember when she stayed with them after Rogue drained her powers. Carol's also a very prominent hero with a lot of public recognition and acceptance. Plus, she's a major powerhouse.

This team has it pretty well together. There are some conflicts - Kitty's a headstrong young woman, and clashes with Wasp quite a bit, and Wanda still thinks she should be in charge of the team. Karma's a bit overwhelmed at being an Avenger. Wanda finds herself tense around Alexis, as Alexis reminds her of the Vision. Carol is a little uncomfortable with Kitty and Kurt being so familiar with her, while she only knows what she's read about them.

Still, they're all experienced heroes, so when it comes to action, they function well together. They're a little more proactive than is normal - they need to be seen working together, so they look for chances to do that. Sometimes by actively looking for supervillains to fight, other times by just helping out with disaster relief. They also do a lot of charity work, and engage in some political activism, organizing rallies, doing interviews, that sort of thing.