Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2087

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One thing I would like to see is for them to start with something BIG.

Let's take the big three of the Avengers (Captain America, Ironman, Thor)
    add the big four of the Defenders (Dr. Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer, Hulk)
    and top it off with the remainder of the New Fantastic Four (Wolverine, Spider-man, and Ghost Rider).

Start the series off with something huge, something that could work as it's own EVENT crossover. Let that take up the teams first 4 to 6 issues.
    After that, give them another few issues where they absolutely steam-roll the Avengers normal rogue's gallery. Stuff like Ultron, Loki, The Wrecking Crew, Count Nefari, etc, etc

Once we've gone about a year or so with this team being Billy Badass all over the place then we start tearing them apart from the inside and showing why a team like this can't last.

Wolverine and Namor are far to quick to start fights.
    Spider-man is trying to joke and keep everyone's mood more relaxed, but he's just annoying people.
    Hulks transformations are too unpredictable and some of his personalities are too aggressive or mean spirited.
    Dr. Strange sometimes blows the team off because he has more important things to do.
    stuff like that.

Let the team tear itself apart and then start adding back in regular Avengers members.
    Literally zero women on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Literally zero women on the team?
    I was debating on that one.

I considered adding a few of Marvels top ladies. I was thinking She-Hulk, Storm, Psylocke, and Captain Marvel. I left them off because I thought that might be making things TOO big. Plus having Storm and Thor and Hulk and She-Hulk felt a tad redundant. I do like the idea of She-Hulk teasing Cap about him leaving any girls off the team though and feel that could add to team starting to fall apart.

I'd certainly want the first of the replacement reruits to be a woman.

My take on the Nineties Avengers, as Cap puts together a less powerful more street level team after losing most of his heavy hitters (Herc, Sersi, Crystal, Black Knight…) due to a big shake up.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    It’s not the first time he’s had to start from scratch. Cap is actually pretty good at this.

FALCON
    Awful costume, but a great friendship. The Falcon will always be there when Cap needs him.

VISION
    The synthezoid thought it was logical to stay and help Cap rebuild the team. He even suggested Cap recruit…

SCARLET WITCH
    Wanda’s been doing her own thing and keeping her distance from her ex, Vision. It’s damn hard to say no to Cap, though.

NOVA
    By this point Nova’s been a New Warrior a while now. But a chance to be an Avenger? Yeah he’s taking that opportunity no doubt.

LUKE CAGE
    Only recently cleared of murder charges, Cage is debating whether or not to go back to his blue & yellow look.

IRON FIST
    Just now back from the dead, Iron Fist is trying to figure out how he feels about that, and is intent on rebuilding his friendship w. Luke Cage.

Amazing Member

(Loosely inspired by someone else’s post somewhere; this is my feeble attempt at crediting a person whose username I’ve forgotten)

Following a cataclysmic battle where the fate of reality hung in the balance, the Avengers disband. Their pyrrhic victory has tragically thinned their ranks. Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor break the fellowship.

But then, an alien horde appears above New York. Marvel’s Golden Boy, the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is swinging through Manhattan when the alien leader broadcasts his demands across the airwaves. The people need protectors. They need heroes to band together and defeat a threat that no single person could take alone. Spider-Man digs an old keycard out of his wallet (don’t ask where he puts that) and makes a call…

The Amazing Avengers

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    The Thing
    Black Cat
    Doctor Strange
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Beast

This team is very reminiscient of Bendis’ second volume of New Avengers, and with good reason: I liked it. This team is made up of the people I think Peter would call AND LEAD in a super-crisis: from old allies to (two!) ex-girlfriends to a blue furball who can cover the more esoteric sciences (and hey, Parker knows what it’s like to be stuck in a bad way for a while). The team is only superficially street-level; it boasts a Sorcerer Supreme, several cosmic-grade powerhouses, and a warrior with the mythical power of K’un-L’un.

BANNED

I may have an unpopular opinion but IMO the Avengers should not have street/mid-tier level heroes in their ranks, except for Cap who acts like the leader/strategist/voice of reason on the team, other than that the Avengers should be more like the JL often is. It's a team of heroes that are meant to come together to defeat a threat none of them individually can... what the hell are Spider-man or Black Cat, or Falcon, or Widow or Hawkeye or whoever else like that suppose to contribute to it?

The team should have characters like Thor, Blue Marvel, Spectrum/Photon, Sentry, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Ironman, Hyperion, maybe Hulk(but i prefer him as a loner not a team player), Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, etc... It shouldn't have characters on the team weaker than Ironman who is probably in that mid-tier range depending on his suit, but is at least extremely useful in terms of his knowledge over technology the team might need, as well as the type of resources he can pull.

If you want an Avengers team with weaker characters make it the West Coast Avengers or Uncanny or add any other adjective you want in front of it, but the main roaster should all be heavy hitters in their particular field or at least extremely useful in some way. I dont need Luke Cage whose defining characteristic is that he is a bullet proof brawler when Galactus decides he wants to eat Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    My take on the Nineties Avengers, as Cap puts together a less powerful more street level team after losing most of his heavy hitters (Herc, Sersi, Crystal, Black Knight…) due to a big shake up.

CAPTAIN AMERICA
    It’s not the first time he’s had to start from scratch. Cap is actually pretty good at this.

FALCON
    Awful costume, but a great friendship. The Falcon will always be there when Cap needs him.

VISION
    The synthezoid thought it was logical to stay and help Cap rebuild the team. He even suggested Cap recruit…

SCARLET WITCH
    Wanda’s been doing her own thing and keeping her distance from her ex, Vision. It’s damn hard to say no to Cap, though.

NOVA
    By this point Nova’s been a New Warrior a while now. But a chance to be an Avenger? Yeah he’s taking that opportunity no doubt.

LUKE CAGE
    Only recently cleared of murder charges, Cage is debating whether or not to go back to his blue & yellow look.

IRON FIST
    Just now back from the dead, Iron Fist is trying to figure out how he feels about that, and is intent on rebuilding his friendship w. Luke Cage.
    Love this team!

Amazing Member

An Avengers lineup I saw in a dream last night

Captain America (Rogers)
    Iron Man
    Storm
    Invisible Woman
    She-Hulk
    Spider-Man (Parker)
    Wolverine (Logan)

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

CAPTAIN AMERICA

FALCON

VISION

SCARLET WITCH

NOVA

LUKE CAGE

IRON FIST
    you already know my feelings on this one... your replacements are actually more powerful than their predecessors lol

Falcon-Cap
    Vision
    Wasp
    Photon
    Wanda
    or Sersi
    Crystal
    or Storm
    Nova

Astonishing Member

Wasp
    Ironman
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    She Hulk
    Nova ( Rich)
    Turbo
    Volstagg
    Witchfire
    Monet
    Battle star
    Hellcat
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 02-10-2024 at 09:58 AM.

PATRIOT
    For years, Steve Rogers was synonymous w. The Avengers. Over the next 15 years or so, Eli Bradley does the same, assuming leadership after working his way up from junior member. This is the latest iteration, of the team.

RAGE
    Elvin Haliday’s age has finally caught up to his humongous body. Despite his codename he fights smarter now, keeping property damage down, and spends his off time involved in various charities and community outreach projects. He’s doing everything right as an Avenger this time out.

KATIE & JACK POWER
    While their older siblings have gone on to great success as scientists working w. Reed Richards’ Future Foundation, Katie and Jack have gone a different route, working to make the world a better place as Avengers.

DANI CAGE
    She’s a legacy hero, and proud to serve on the same team as her dad Luke Cage. The team’s youngest member, Dani is smart and quips nearly as much as Spider-man did back in the day. She combines steel hard skin and strength beyond belief w. elite martial arts skills, having been taught since childhood by her uncle Daniel Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist.

random: Uncanny Avengers style lineup

Non-mutants: Spider-Man (Peter), Capt. Marvel, Hercules, Scarlet Witch.
    mutants: Nightcrawler, Firestar, Iceman.

With the Excalibur brand co-opted by Krakoan criminals and The Union having disbanded, the UK reaches out to the US about starting up an official Avengers team based in England. The two Governments come to a handshake deal and Captain America gets on board, thinking it’s a great idea.

SPIDER-WOMAN
    As a Brit AND an Avenger in good standing, Cap tapped Jessica Drew to head up the Avengers UK team, choose the line up and then lead them.

THE HUMAN TORCH
    Jim Hammond the original Human Torch, is actually quite beloved in the UK, due to his exploits there during WWII. He’s welcomed w. open arms.

UNION JACK
    Joseph Chapman’s the third Union Jack, part of a lineage that stretches back a hundred years and is recognized as a National symbol. Having him on the team is super important.

FAIZA HUSSAIN
    Faiza Hussain’s a skilled Doctor who can affect ppl on an atomic level w. just a touch, the better to heal them. She also wields the legendary Excalibur, and does so admirably.

SPITFIRE
    Lady Jacqueline Falsworth Crichton is the daughter of the original Union Jack, and sister of the second. A super speedster w. Vampiric powers (long story), she seems a young woman despite having been an active hero in the UK since WWII.

BULLDOG
    The brash, pint sized powerhouse BEGGED former Union teammate Joseph Chapman for a shot at joining the team when word got out that it was being formed. Chapman reluctantly introduced Bulldog to Jessica Drew, who surprisingly took a liking to the little jerk.

Astonishing Member

Ironman
    Ant Man- Scott
    Hawkeye
    Usagent
    Black Widow
    Human Torch( original)
    Hercules
    Jean Grey
    Witchfire
    Gravity

An alternate Kooky Quartet for Avengers 16...: