Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2073

Captain America
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Hawkeye
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Quicksilver
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Astonishing Member

Wasp
    Ironman
    Hyperion
    Quicksilver
    Prof Hulk
    Black Widow
    Battlestar
    Spider Man- Miles
    Jean Grey
    Aralune
    Nightcrawler
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 06-08-2023 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCroatia View Post
    The Avengers. I wanted a team based around some lesser-used classic members (and Sam Wilson, because you always need a Captain America). I don't know if this would be for a miniseries or a main book, but I want to see some of these characters back in action.

Wasp / Janet Van Dyne: The team leader.

Photon / Monica Rambeau: The second-in-command.

Captain America / Sam Wilson: The heart and soul.

Hawkeye / Clint Barton: The funny guy. Not Fraction's hapless moron. The cocky, trash-talking archer we all know and love.

Beast / Hank McCoy: The brains of the team, desperately in need of redemption.

Wonder Man / Simon Williams: The muscle, and incredibly reluctant to use it.

Moondragon / Heather Douglas: The "sixth ranger". Every team needs an *******.

Rick Remender (or Dan Slott; I don't love his Spider-Man run but I loved his work on Mighty Avengers) as writer, Daniel Acuna as artist.
    ^^^What a GREAT line up!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^What a GREAT line up!
    Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Amazing Member

An Avengers lineup for a more cosmic-themed run.

Captain America / Steve Rogers

Iron Man / Tony Stark

Thor

Wasp / Janet Van Dyne

Thundra

Goliath / Tom Foster

Songbird / Melissa Gold

Genis-Vell

I think it'd be interesting to have one of the focal characters be Tom Foster, as (to my knowledge) we've never really had an Avengers team with a member who actively hates the Avengers. Wasp is probably the one who convinces him to join the team, as she's an old friend of his late uncle's. Over time, he'd grow to respect the Avengers as a concept, and Tony probably gets a big moment where he sacrifices himself to save Goliath, somewhat redeeming Stark in his eyes.

Also, Thundra and Cap would be an interesting pair. Both of them are augmented humans out of their own time. It'd be interesting to have them interact, and they'd have an understanding of each other's life that could or could not lead into a (short-lived) relationship.

Astonishing Member

Here's a Pride Month roster for the Avengers....

Doctor Toni Ho
    Hercules
    Moondragon
    Living Lightning
    Starfox
    D-Man
    Pod-II
    Giant-Man (Raz)

I know Raz isn't technically an Avenger, but he's certainly Avengers-adjacent and I wanted to throw him into the mix since he's got a power set no one else in that group has. I didn't name Phyla-Vell in the group, but she'll likely also be there alongside Moondragon and she is certainly another Avengers-adjacent character!

I left out Marvel Boy, Wiccan, Hulkling and Speed (Noh-Varr was a member in Bendis' run, and Billy, Teddy and Tommy were all granted official Avengers status at the end of CHILDREN'S CRUSADE), because they are also all Young Avengers, and between them and America Chavez and Loki the YA could have their own separate Pride roster.

Amazing Member

Here's another team I've come up with

Wasp / Janet Van Dyne

Black Panther / T'Challa

Wiccan / Billy Kaplan

Hulkling / Teddy Altman

Valkyrie / Brunnhilde

Madame Web / Julia Carpenter

It's a solid bunch of classic and classic-adjacent characters with mystic, cosmic, and multiversal connections. In terms of power sets, we have standard fare enhanced humans, size-changing, shapeshifting, magic, godly strength, some light necromancy, precognition, telepathy, and teleportation.

Amazing Member

I call this one "The Avengers of 2010!", which can be read as "What nine/ten year old me thought the Avengers lineup was going to be after Dark Reign ended, based on what little I knew of comics at that point."

The Roster:

Captain America / Bucky Barnes: The team's field leader. He's served admirably through Osborn's Dark Reign, but do his teammates trust him enough to hold Steve Rogers' mantle? Does he trust himself?

Iron Man / Tony Stark: Disgraced and cash-poor, Tony Stark is looking for a way to come back from being "The guy who let the Skrulls/Norman Osborn take over."

Thor: After being absent from the team since Geoff Jones' run, the god of thunder is back and splitting his time between rebuilding his kingdom and saving the universe.

Hawkeye / Clint Barton: No longer the brooding Ronin, Clint Barton is back as everyone's favorite Avenging Archer! But how's he taking being pushed back into a support role after co-leading the resistance?

Captain Marvel / Carol Danvers: For her service in protecting New Asgard and the galaxy, Carol Danvers gets bumped up to CAPTAIN Marvel after years of slumming it as "Mizz".

Wasp / Hank Pym: Hank has taken on the name Wasp as a tribute to his late ex-wife, but his teammates aren't too enamored with that. Hank's not worried, though. He's one of the team's two geniuses, and he's NOT the one with creditors blowing up his cellphone.

Mockingbird / Bobbi Morse: After spending years aboard a Skrull prison ship and fighting Osborn's cronies, Clint and Bobbi are looking forward to some alone time together.. Too bad that's not how things go in the Marvel Universe!

Doctor Voodoo / Jericho Drumm: He's the team's resident mystic. I'm going to be honest, I don't know a ton about the character, but I saw an issue of the Remender run on a shelf and thought he looked cool.

Skaar: The son of the Hulk returns from space (or the Savage Land, or wherever the hell he was- I was nine. )! Initially mistrusting the Avengers- especially Tony and Hank- he comes to find a purpose on this team. I just really thought it'd be cool to have Hulk's kid on the team.

...And of course, overseeing the entire team (because lord knows Tony's not in the position to self-fund right now) is SHIELD, led by none other than Steve Rogers!

Amazing Member

A while back, someone came up with the idea of a team of Avengers made up of victims of experimentation, trafficking, abduction, etc. At the risk of redundancy, I'd like to take a crack at the idea. The book would be a mini starring our heroes, who are mounting an attack against the High Evolutionary, who's responsible for a string of high-profile alien abductions.

The roster is...

Captain Marvel / Carol Danvers

Luke Cage

Spider-Woman / Jessica Drew

Winter Soldier / Bucky Barnes

Deathlok / Luther Manning

Wasp / Nadia Van Dyne

Tigra / Greer Nelson

I think the book would be ripe for fun character interactions. In addition to putting a primarily street-level team in the very fantastical position of assaulting Counter-Earth, you'd get stuff like...

-The Bendis Era trio of Carol, Luke, and Jess back together
    -Bucky and Deathlok doing a Buddy Cop-Lethal Weapon thing (and you could milk a cover out of them doing the movie poster pose)
    -Tigra trying to play the overeager stepmom to an increasingly frustrated Nadia

Outside of Carol, the team's a little low on power, but that's part of the fun!

Astonishing Member

Black Knight
    Wasp
    Wonderman
    Captain America/ Sam
    Quasar-Wendall
    Hawkeye
    Sabra
    Tigra
    Sandman
    Moonstone
    Spider Woman- Julia- Team telepath in addition to spider powers.
    Agent Iron- Ri Ri

It just sudenly felt like Sandman, Quasar and Tigra should be On an Avengers Roster and be really good friends. The voices suggested I add Ri Ri
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 06-14-2023 at 11:08 AM.

How about a Black-Ops Avengers team that Tony Stark hires without Captain America's, or anyone else's knowledge. Means to an end. Similar to Cyclops putting together X-Force.

Black Widow - Leader (gets the checks and missions from Tony)
    Le Peregrine
    Warpath
    Silver Samurai
    Trickshot
    White Tiger

Amazing Member

A retro, Stern-era inspired team

Wasp / Janet Van Dyne

Photon / Monica Rambeau

Thor

Moondragon

Songbird

Goliath / Hank Pym

This version of Hank Pym is plucked from the past by the team to help stop the invading force of Pymtron. Conveniently, it's also a version of Hank from before his psychotic break and the slap. A lot of the run would focus on the tension between the displaced Hank (some mumbo jumbo "tachyon poisoning" bullshit keeps him from going back to his own time) and Jan, who knows logically that this is a Hank from before their relationship fell apart, but can't stop feeling the years of heartache.

Amazing Member

That sounds incredibly on-brand for Tony.

Extraordinary Member

Taking a few liberties on this one and making some changes to characters current status.

Captain America (Steve)
    Wasp (Jan)
    Beast (redeemed from the nonsense going on in the X-Books and with his human appearance)
    Quicksilver
    Synapse
    Justice
    Ultragirl
    Demolition Man (revamped as a class 100 powerhouse)
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Ironman
    Thora- Jane
    Wasp
    Luke Cage
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Viv Vision
    Black Widow
    Gravity
    Johnny Storm
    Ben Grimm- Bulky asymmetrical look
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 06-17-2023 at 11:43 PM.