Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Blade - challenger of the supernatural appreciation 2024

I noticed no one made a thread for this on this year. well to start the new year, heres a preview on next week issue with Hulk.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/05/ma...eview-blade-7/

Mighty Member

I'm really hoping we get the Blade/Hulk fight. Hill has delivered on action every issue so something has to go down

Mighty Member

Very cool issue. No Blade/Hulk fight, and it was one of the slower issues but it was still entertaining. We get confirmation that Blade seems to have gotten every power that Dracula displayed in that issue. We get to see Blade turn into a wolf for the first time

This may have been the weakest issue of the run so far, but I still thought it was a good issue which is a testament to how great this series has been.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

They had a good team-up here. Plan went off without a cinch.

Also Blade is a furry now.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Surprisingly this issue, with a Hulk appearance, is one that moves slower. After six issues of intense action and story it does feel right to pump the brakes a bit.
    What we learned is that some of Dracula's training has taken hold. Wolf Blade makes his first showing. We confirm that the entity is tied to Blade.
    The plan to take it out went accordingly.
    The thing I disliked the least was the art on Banner. If the text hadn't said he was Banner one wouldn't know. Banner typically has a look like so many other heroes regardless of whose drawing the character. This looked like a random Homeless dude in Times Square and bore no resemblance as I saw it to Banner.
    Ready for issue #8.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Yea, I think the editor was trying to boost sales, but I think that can have the opposite effect. Selling this as Blade vs. Hulk (also they advertised a fight between the two in that marvel timeless series) and then having this as one of the slower issues of the series wasn't the best decision. Hulk wasn't even really neccesary as he didn't contribute anything in this that Blade couldn't do himself considering he was taking out those demon things easier than Hulk was earlier. Not to mention Hulk didn't even share wisdom, Blade learned himself.

Was cool to see more evidence that Blade is fairly resistant to all forms of control. Second time we've seen him break a possession easily. The design of the wolf is cool too and I actually like this other artist. I think Casagrande sets the bar so high, by this other one has a really cool style too.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Surprisingly this issue, with a Hulk appearance, is one that moves slower. After six issues of intense action and story it does feel right to pump the brakes a bit.
    What we learned is that some of Dracula's training has taken hold. Wolf Blade makes his first showing. We confirm that the entity is tied to Blade.
    The plan to take it out went accordingly.
    The thing I disliked the least was the art on Banner. If the text hadn't said he was Banner one wouldn't know. Banner typically has a look like so many other heroes regardless of whose drawing the character. This looked like a random Homeless dude in Times Square and bore no resemblance as I saw it to Banner.
    Ready for issue #8.
    I agree with all this and I had to chuckle on Homeless Banner.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, I think the editor was trying to boost sales, but I think that can have the opposite effect. Selling this as Blade vs. Hulk (also they advertised a fight between the two in that marvel timeless series) and then having this as one of the slower issues of the series wasn't the best decision. Hulk wasn't even really neccesary as he didn't contribute anything in this that Blade couldn't do himself considering he was taking out those demon things easier than Hulk was earlier. Not to mention Hulk didn't even share wisdom, Blade learned himself.

Was cool to see more evidence that Blade is fairly resistant to all forms of control. Second time we've seen him break a possession easily. The design of the wolf is cool too and I actually like this other artist. I think Casagrande sets the bar so high, by this other one has a really cool style too.

....!!!! Blade can morph into a wolf, now?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ....!!!! Blade can morph into a wolf, now?
    Yeah! that was the point he went searching for Dracula
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Blade's Powers Explained

1. VAMPIRE PHYSIOLOGY
    2. SUPER-STRENGTH AND AGILITY
    3. HEALING FACTOR
    4. POWER ABSORPTION
    5. BONDED WITH BOY-THING
    6. SHAPESHIFTING

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=262555208

Mighty Member

Bizarre article, seems like they just had someone throw it together with AI. Says he lifts 1000 tons? Say that yes weaker that Captain Americs (who apparently can lift more than 1000 tons?). Say he's not as fast as regular vampires? If anything has been shown fairly consistently, it's been Blade being easily faster than other vampires

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Bizarre article, seems like they just had someone throw it together with AI. Says he lifts 1000 tons? Say that yes weaker that Captain Americs (who apparently can lift more than 1000 tons?). Say he's not as fast as regular vampires? If anything has been shown fairly consistently, it's been Blade being easily faster than other vampires
    I agree. Blade does appear to move faster. Also that has to be a typo as they must mean he can lift 1000lbs, not a 1000 tons as class 100 tons is the super strong Hulk range in strength.

Niffleheim

when did jamal afari stop being a reason for blade's vendetta against dracula?

Mighty Member

Honestly I don't think we've had a mention of Afari for decades now