Page 45 of 139 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

The Ultimates (a bored Kang the Conqueror gets his hands on a cosmic cube and organizes a supremely powerful Avengers team; compromised of various world threats. the rub is that these are all younger versions of the characters from other worlds where the events of their life led them down more heroic paths.)

...I had various different code names for the characters. but I wasn't completely satisfied with them. so think up your own. i'll stick with the powersets.

1. Victor von Doom
    note: saved his mother's soul this time and opened his heart to Valeria. this version had achieved peace on Earth a few times; always getting bored with it. he's the only member of the time-plucked team that was given an opportunity to say no. leadership of the Ultimates was put to him as a challenge; dealing with a bunch of equally powerful/ambitious individuals who aren't used to working as a unit. oh and this version didn't focus that much on sorcery. his world's sorcerer supreme aided him in retrieving his mother's soul.

2. Max Eisenhardt
    note: this version avoided the camps thanks to the aid of some good people. he'd sort of be a Superboy (and, later, Superman) type figure throughout Europe. Kang lures him to a different reality by showing him the events of the Holocaust on that world.

3. Gene Khan
    note: pampered child of a Chinese diplomat who was, strangely, chosen for the role of universal protector. kind of a ladies man captain universe or star brand. if you're wondering, he still has the bling. but this is a much different and, ultimately, more noble version of the Mandarin. he still sees this gig with Kang as more opportunities for wine and women.

4. Sebastian Shaw
    note: son of an industrialist who discovered his ability to absorb kinetic energy while protecting his fellow soldiers from a roadside bomb. this version would be somewhat of a Captain America analogue/patriotically-themes super agent. he was to be wed to wealthy heiress; Lourdes Chantel. but she was killed in a Hydra terrorist attack. Shaw retreated into his missions. with the exception of Chen Lu, he was the least bothered by being ripped from his reality by Kang

5. Doctor Chen Lu
    note: a once highly valued Chinese scientist who was transformed into a hulking green beast by radiation exposure. granted political asylum in the United States. super strong and durable while retaining his scientific intellect. he's also somewhat gotten his radiation induced mood swings in control. Chen's now basically looking to atone for the damage he did while not in control of himself.

6. Imus Champion
    note: determined to master as many skills as possible from a young age. sort of a combination of batman and bane (physically). primarily fights with collected artifacts of mystical or extraterrestrial origin. but he also favors the bow and arrow, suprising his opponents with his speed/agility (dude's like andre the giant big), and engaging them in hand-to-hand. life is competition to Imus. and he can be kind of overbearing about it.

7. Zarda
    note: I was having trouble thinking of a villainess of equal stature. since Warrior Woman is sometimes a villain, I chose her. this version is very much Wonder Woman; Femizonia's ambassador.

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Ironman( Tony)- Safe for all planets
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye- Clint- Non Banner Murdering version
    Antman(Scott)
    Hyperion(In mode of nice guy version from eighties Squadron Supreme mini Series. No inclination to rip anyone's head off.)
    Monet
    Doctor Druid
    Hellcat- Because she's a delight
    Spiderman- Peter Parker

They'd fight Super Bad guys , Squabble and wise crack and stuff. It'd be fun.

Incredible Member

I think these are fairly self-explanatory...

Intergalactic Team: Tony Stark, Carol Danvers, Adam Brashear, Monica Rambeau, Thor, Ms America Chavez, Vision
    Government Team: Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson (Falcon), James Rhodes, Clint Barton, Jessica Drew, Black Widow, Machine Man
    New York Team: Luke Cage, Hank Pym, White Tiger (Ava Ayala), Power Man (victor Alvarez), Kate Bishop, Kamala Khan, Miles Morales

The Intergalactic and New York teams are pretty much inspired by Ewing's Ultimates and Mighty Avengers.
    I might be convinced to swap Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers because the latter's military background would make sense for the government team.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To illustrate my Avengers team:

- Tony as the lead
    - Sam and Steve as equals, regardless of Captain America status
    - Wanda and Jan back in the team
    - Jane Thor still in the team

It's basically my "Big 7" Avengers team. Other huge players like Black Panther, Black Widow and Captain Marvel I'd rather see in other teams, but this one is as close to a classic Avengers team as I'd want.
    Sign me up, this looks like a pretty close to perfect team. The visual of them together is beautiful too. Fantastic work!
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Astonishing Member

Wasp
    Quicksilver
    Beast
    Captain America- Sam
    Spiderwoman- Julia
    Firestar
    Justice
    Ultra Girl
    Moonstone
    Black Knight
    She Hulk

Refinement of a roster I'd put in this thread on the old board.

I think that 7 is the platonic ideal superhero team membership. With that in kind I decided to do a Marvel version of the JLA's big 7.
    Left to right we have:

Xavin- More in control of her super Skrull powers she makes a perfect Martian Manhunter for the team. If it was good enough for the Squadron supreme.

Gilgamesh- Another area where SS was entirely right was in taking an Eternal as their Superman. I've heard arguments that the epic of Gilgamesh is the first superhero story. That's very much the take I'd take with him, always a superhero throughout the millennia, just varying in how publically. Despite all his power being forgotten in time leaves him with the self assurance of our leader.

Black Widow- Not only has the cool, collected confidence and military authority to be the Avengers' leader. She's also the perfect choice for Marvel's Batman in a way that Moon Knight and Black Panther can't match. T'Challa's amazing but far too tied to Wakanda, too powerful, too intelligent. He can only work on the Batgod level, and even then you're writing around his duties. Marc lacks the skills, he's more in a Daredevil 'Fists against the Devil' oeuvre than the omni-competence a Batman needs. Natasha has impossible decades of training at the highest level and has the skills and veteran instincts that earns you.

Gauntlet- Military man finds alien tech he wears in his hand that gives him the power to form energy shapes. Sound familiar? We'd be branching out exactly what his powers can do but certainly not taking him full Quasar. He'll be more grounded and skill based than that.

Stingray- Is for my money the perfect aquatic hero for the Avengers. Namor like T'Challa is too tied to his kingdom and barely tolerates the rest of this team. Triton is too tied to the Attilan Royal family. Walt's the best guy for the job. He also gets an expanded chance to be team brain, really flex his engineering genius. All that and he gets the team Hydrobase. Definite win.

Swift Cloud- I like the times when the Avengers take in someone less experienced to mentor them. Not the whole team, just one or two so they can be focus characters. Jackie's perfect for that. She's a perfect young Flash looking up the heroes. But she's no slouch, she's a dimension hopping Zombie killer, she brings plenty to the table.

Moonstar- Marvel's not big on Amazons. But it has decent focus on Valkyries, none of them more tied to Earth than Hel's Valkyrie Dani Moonstar. She's a hugely experienced hero trained in things both divine and earthly and ready to kick all kinds of ass. I think she's perfect as the main Warrior of the group.
    Last edited by Captain Astounding; 08-23-2016 at 01:50 AM.

Near the beginning of the thread I posted my best attempt at my real dream team. Since then a couple of characters' situations have changed which caused me to refine the idea down to this.

Sam Wilson, Captain America. I've always preferred Sam to Steve so I was overjoyed when he got his shot at the shield. His combinations of powers, skills, and most importantly experience in managing people through social work make him a perfect leader. Plus you can't have a Cap not lead.

I think every team needs someone to play foil to the leader, and it doesn't get much more foily than Dr. Druid. The guy's a pompous, abrasive ass. But I don't see him in the villain role he's currently cast in so we're taking him back. He's also a highly skilled psychologist, a man with Avengers level psychic powers, and a delicious topping of Druidic magic to deal with supernatural problems.

Komodo was my instant favourite from Avengers: The Initiative. She'll be taking the all important role of team brain. She's already enough of a genius at biology to perfect the Lizard formula after minimal chance to study it. I don't think it's a huge leap to take her in a Hank McCoy direction from there.

The Thing is my favourite character in not only comics, but pretty much all fiction. He's a veteran hero with more experience of teamwork through the FF, Avengers, and even Marvel-Two-in-One to be the oil that keeps any team running. He's an experienced explorer too wiith a working knowledge of just about every dimension there is to discover. He'll also be our Quinjet pilot.

Perhaps the most Avengers specific of the roles is that of the former villain. The team has a long history of taking in bad guys that want to reform. Blizzard's been a favourite of mine since he took up the suit, and Thunderbolts only cemented that. He's a guy that keeps toying with heroism, his heart's in the right place but he struggles to resist an easy buck. I think there's real story potential there. I hear he's an Inhuman now, and I certainly won't complain at a power boost for a team member.

Jubilee, she's the team heart. Which on a team with Sam and Ben is saying a lot. She's in part team little sister to the veterans, big sisterto Komodo. But also now has the determination of a single mum that bonds her with Harley. She's another veteran despite her young age and has that perfect intersection of experience and youthful optimism despite all she's been through. Vampire powers never go amiss either.

Last but very much not least is the Wildcard a role that's filled by someone with skills of powers that offer utility to solve odd situations. Motormouth has both. Between her MOPED teleportation, and her in head radio communication, and surprisingly potent sonic powers. Not to mention her hardened experience as a street rat she can consistently bring something to any situation that the bad guys won't see coming.

BANNED

Steve Rogers Captain America
    Tony Stark Iron Man
    Thor the real man Thor
    Bruce Banner Hulk
    Hawkeye
    Namor the Sub mariner
    Black Widow
    The Vision

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Wasp- Jan
    Thor- Jane
    Ironman
    Odinson
    Joe Fixit
    Quicksilver
    Antman- Eric O'Grady
    Hawkeye
    Wiccan
    Jean Grey- Grown Up

Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Sabretooth
    Super Skrull
    Shocker

New Kooky Quartet.

Uncanny Avengers

1. Captain Marvel
    2. Quicksilver
    3. Polaris
    4. Iceman
    5. Wonderman
    6. Giant-Woman
    7. Doc Voodoo
    8. Forge
    9. Wolverine
    10. Shang Chi

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

It would be interesting to see Polaris with her old boyfriend Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    It would be interesting to see Polaris with her old boyfriend Iceman.
    I just wanted to see her with her old half-brother.