Page 53 of 139 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Was in the back of my mind when thinking of it

Did like a lot of that books run
    It was one of the first comics i read and pretty much my starting point to discover the marvel universe.

So yeah, huge fan of it as well
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Iron Man- Tony
    Moondragon
    Starfox- No more creepy pleasure power, but a charmer.
    Justice
    Wolvie
    Havok
    Antman( O'Grady)
    Captain Marvel
    Cho Hulk
    Aurora
    Constrictor
    Morph

Spectrum (co-leader)
    Captain Britain (co-leader)
    She-Hulk
    Ant-Man
    Tigra
    Doctor Voodoo
    Firebird
    Jolt
    Northstar
    Blazing Skull
    Polaris
    Kraven the Hunter

My dream teams

THE AVENGERS

SCARLET WITCH
    CAPTAIN MARVEL
    BLACK WIDOW
    SHE HULK
    THE VISION
    CAPTAIN AMERICA=STEVE
    IRON MAN=TONY
    THOR=ODINSON
    BLACK PANTHER

THE NEW AVENGERS

SPECTRUM
    MOONDRAGON
    THUNDRA
    BLACK CAT
    SPIDER MAN=PETER
    LUKE CAGE
    BLUE MARVEL
    STARFOX
    FIRELORD

AVENGERS L.A.

MOCKINGBIRD
    VALKYRIE
    SUNGIRL
    HUMMINGBIRD
    HAWKEYE
    WONDER MAN
    DR STRANGE
    GRAVITY
    JACK FROST

How about my Anti-Avengers? These guys would operate a little smarter than common villains and Thugs. They'd be organized, try to avoid any battles with super heroes if possible, and settle for being mucho rich, and not so worried about ruling the world:

The Owl - Financier, doesn't go on the field
    Taskmaster - Field Leader
    Scorpion (Mac Gargan)
    Tiger Shark
    Electro
    Sauron
    Rhino
    Blob
    Whirlwind
    Moonstone
    Mole Man - Sometime ally because he feels the obligation to help those associated with the word 'villain'

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Ironman(Rhodey)
    Wasp
    Hawkeye
    Quicksilver
    Firestar
    Ultra Girl
    Beast
    Doc Druid

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Unworthy Thor
    Her
    Spectrum
    Black Knight
    Vision
    Shuri
    Talisman

Okay, here's the pitch.

Set after some event that makes things look bad for superheroes (there's always an event) Hawkeye's basically shut himself in his room (or apartment or wherever he's living now) doing nothing but drinking, flipping through old photo albums, and wondering where it all went wrong. Several days of this and people are starting to get worried, then one day it hits him.

Hawkeye is going to bring back the old days. He's going to make being a superhero fun again. He tosses away the old Ultimate style suit he's wearing and digs one of his old spandex outfits back out and he starts making phone calls. He's going to reform the Avengers. he's bringing back colorful costumes, heroes that smile, and all that.

And it starts to blow up in his face.

Members

Hawkeye: He's the team leader and isn't taking this as seriously as he should, writing off the worries and concerns of the others as them just being too serious. He's trying to get away from serious.

Quicksilver: Quicksilver is a jerk. he's always been a jerk. He's always going to be a jerk. However, he and Hawkeye have known each other long enough that they know they can count on each other when it counts ... even if Quicksilver gets on everybody's nerves. And he does.

Hank Pym: No we're not going to be dealing with Hank having a mental break down or anything like that. Hank here's basically the 40 year old who's just bought a new convertible to make himself feel young. He's a good guy, but he might be trying a little bit too hard.

She-Hulk: She joined thinking this would be fun. She has yet to figure out how she ended up being the responsible one and the voice of reason.

Ms. Marvel: The kids optimistic, she's got spunk, she's got charm... all she lacks on this team is somebody to that's actually trying to set a good example for her.

Wasp: She's more than happy to see heroes going back to the bright costumes. They're more fun to design and if at least one person isn't trying out a new costume every few issues, then she feels like she's not doing her job.

Spectrum: She's just kind of standing back, waiting for everything to blow up in Hawkeye's face and for everybody to relize she's a better choice for leader. She's not going to argue with him over leadership, but she does a lot of eye rolling.

Iceman: He just needed to get away from the X-men for a while. Too much drama.

Speedball: Part of of Speedball feels that being asked to join the team is just a way for them to try to make up for all the crap they gave him since Civil War. He's right, but Hawkeye will never admit it.

And Hercules is just Hercules.

Blue Marvel
    Spectrum
    Havok
    Hank Pym
    Polaris
    Wasp Janet
    Sif
    Beast
    Wonder man
    Scarlet Witch

Astonishing Member

Nice one. I could see reading it. Kid Iceman or Grown Iceman?[QUOTE=Alan2099;2751376]Okay, here's the pitch.

Set after some event that makes things look bad for superheroes (there's always an event) Hawkeye's basically shut himself in his room (or apartment or wherever he's living now) doing nothing but drinking, flipping through old photo albums, and wondering where it all went wrong. Several days of this and people are starting to get worried, then one day it hits him.

Hawkeye is going to bring back the old days. He's going to make being a superhero fun again. He tosses away the old Ultimate style suit he's wearing and digs one of his old spandex outfits back out and he starts making phone calls. He's going to reform the Avengers. he's bringing back colorful costumes, heroes that smile, and all that.

And it starts to blow up in his face.

Members

Hawkeye: He's the team leader and isn't taking this as seriously as he should, writing off the worries and concerns of the others as them just being too serious. He's trying to get away from serious.

Quicksilver: Quicksilver is a jerk. he's always been a jerk. He's always going to be a jerk. However, he and Hawkeye have known each other long enough that they know they can count on each other when it counts ... even if Quicksilver gets on everybody's nerves. And he does.

Hank Pym: No we're not going to be dealing with Hank having a mental break down or anything like that. Hank here's basically the 40 year old who's just bought a new convertible to make himself feel young. He's a good guy, but he might be trying a little bit too hard.

She

Astonishing Member

Wasp- Jan- Leader
    Black Widow- First officer, veep or whatever.
    Ironman- Tony
    Hyperion- Clarkish
    Spiderwoman- Julia- Spidery powers Psi webs Spiderstrength and agility of course. Retains telepathy and some pre cog from Madame web stint. She'd still have her vision.... but it might be an interesting plot twist if using her telepathy or pre cog( Beyong Spidey sense Level) could cause temporary blindness or vision issues.
    Songbird.... somehow co existing with

Moonstone- Reformed... still not the nicest person. funny
    Stryker
    Hulkling
    Fandral- I think he'd be fun in an Avengers line up

Hulk
    Thor
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Wonder Man
    Black Knight
    Hawkeye
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Wasp

Nice one. I could see reading it. Kid Iceman or Grown Iceman?
    The real Iceman.

Astonishing Member

Wanted that guy on an Avengers Roster for years. So many great characters go to waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The real Iceman.

Astonishing Member

T'challa- Turn of the century powers and gear - Team leader- Team Batman and Super science guy

Captain Marvel- Carol- Cw2? Never happened. Co/ Leader

Wonderman- Fun Neurotic actor' Super Hero

Antman( Scott Lang)

Hawkeye( Kate Bishop)

Jean Grey( Grown. No phoenix issues. Powerful telepathic, telekinetic and occasional pr cog powers. No turning off minds like a light switch. Mind control usually way difficult to impossible....Has started a thang with .....)

Johny Storm - Hey he's not a joyless brooder with a messiah complex or a sketchy loner with rage issues but hey nobody's perfect.

Doc Samson- Way cool character. Would have great interactions with everybody Plus The Avengers have always needed a team shrink. Also the panels with he and Jean together would look fabulous with those tresses.

Iceman- Bobby- Grown

Spiderwoman( Gwen)- somewhere in her early twenties

Doc Strange- On speed dial for magic emergencies.

Speedball- Robby Baldwin- Open to some happiness again