Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DC>Marvel View Post
    I would bring in Kenny Braverman/Conduit and have him hurt or try to kill the people close to Superman like Martha Kent or Lois Lane, have him figure out that Clark Kent is Superman, and have him engage in a showdown, but instead of his traditional death, make Conduit have somewhat of a change of heart and actually try to save Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Luthor and Metallo as villains, and setting-up the JL. Not much different from BvS, just Metallo instead of Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    Fire and Imprison everyone of the WB/DC Executives that green lite the last 2 superman movie. ....Then give the project to Bruce Timm.

CLOSE THREAD!
    Why yes, lets give it to the guy that made one of the most underpowered versions of Superman, and has absolutely no experience with live action.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why yes, lets give it to the guy that made one of the most underpowered versions of Superman, and has absolutely no experience with live action.
    I found the Bruce Timm Superman alright, I mean he wasn't all that weak by the end of his series, grabbing a 747 and shaking it in the air however, it's when he was in Justice League where his brain power and reasoning got taken down a notch, considering he had to use some strategy to outsmart Mxyzptlk, Bizarro, and Brainiac.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Boredom and a lunch break before my next class is responsible for this idea....

Man of Steel 2: Reign of the supermen

Set up: JlA has been formed and established. That's the hot topic of the day. "Superman was just the forerunner. Post-humanity is coming!" For the most part it just sounds like propaganda drummed up by politicians and news outlets that aren't keen on the idea of Superman and his friends. They're basically trying to recreate the paranoia and fear of Cold War America. But tentative relations with the UN and other governments are being formed. So far the JL is being "sanctioned" by the new nations of Atlantis and Amazonia, and also partial sanction by the US due to wanting to keep visible ties with Superman a thing in the eyes of the rest of the world. Even though there's all this word on "the coming of the supermen" and "what happens to the average man" the only super humans actually known are the ones in the JL.

Story: Basically Clark is at work and it's been a pretty normal day till A BIG F#CKING EXPLOSION IS SET OFF. Clark scrabbles to the get to the roof. A sweet ass tracking shot of Clark running through the office to the roof all the while changing into Superman. Once he's at the roof he gets ready to take off......and is knocked flat on his ass by another explosion. Black. Eyes open and Clark moves rocks from over top of him, and out of the corner of his eye he sees a woman falling UP into the sky screaming. Damn son, musta got hit harder than you thought, huh? He rushes to go get her down, but once he gets into the air he sees about a dozen more people floating up and up. It looks like a bunch of screaming balloons who had been let go of. All of the floating helplessly into the air. The look on Clark's face? "What the actual f&ck is going on!".

Cut to the aftermath of the floating people. Lois is reporting live on the incident. We see that Superman had to find makeshift ways to keep these people from flying up into the stratosphere and probably dying. He like tied this woman up to light post, this guy is like floating inside a car Clark put him in and so on. The main question on everyone's mind is how the hell did this even happen! We learn that people flying isn't the only issue. All over Metropolis (roughly around Hobs Bay and a little further out) there's reports of crying kids calling 911 saying their mom's vanished but he can still hear her talking. Escaped criminal Eel O'brian was identified when they found a puddle of what seemed to be human flesh screaming for help. It's like this cool mass media crisscross of reports ranging from the dad who has low levels of telepathy to the aforementioned Eel O'brian case. You can imagine Parry is getting everyone out there to get these stories.

What's Clark doing? Landing at a government facility just outside of Metropolis where a few of the victims have volunteered to be tested and questioned. It looks like E.T. Hazmat suits and high ranking solders. The Lois and Clark questioning scene from Man of Steel is sort of homaged. Clark is asking the small group of people what happened and what not. Just like everyone else they don't know. The explosion happened and then BAM flying people. Obviously the explosion is checked out by Lois and Clark but to no avail. Whatever was there is just gone now.

After a bit Metropolis is basically quarantined off the rest of the country till they can get to the bottom of this. The media, as an "I told you so" style barb, dubs it "Super Town". Even those unaffected aren't allowed to leave. What's Clark feeling right now? It's strange actually. It's a mix of "whoa there's more people like me. I'm kind of excited" and "sh!t this is all too much too fast and I don't know if I like all of these people having powers. It feels kind of strange". What's Lois feeling? Again it's a mix. She's pretty worried about what all of these people are gonna do, but at the same time she's a little envious of them. She wasn't one of the one's affected by the blast. Who wouldn't want to feel like Superman, you know? Before this her and Clark's relationship had been going well but with a bit of straining in part because of the JL and by proxy the realization that there's more people out there like him, and there might be even more to come. Her usually amazing self-confidence is understandably shaken a bit. She's wondering things like "does he even age", "when will he get tired of me", "what about kids". These are thoughts she'd only have when she's feeling like super low which isn't too often. But this new development has brought those feeling up a little closer to the top. There's even this great argument scene I have in my head where all the dirty unmentionables are aired out to dry.

What's going on around the city? Well it's like Lord of the Flies. A whole mini society has begun to erect itself with different factions coming with it. The Sons and Daughters of the Superman are a group of people who basically want to follow in Clark's footsteps. Superman denies direct affiliation with them. Then there's groups like The Everymen. They are an almost Neo Nazi-like cult of people who are getting ready to overthrow the city, and then the world once they're strong enough.

Superman is basically going around and keeping the peace as best he can now that a large chunk of people have very dangerous powers. Peaceful gathering turn into super powered brawls that Clark breaks up and leaves with bruises and blackened eyes. The Daily Planet eventually convinces Superman to hold a peaceful rally to calm things down. One of the Everymen (this dude's clutching and talking to a toaster for the whole time) absorbs the electricity of like half the city and hurls a lighting bolt at Clark's chest while he's speaking. It's the MLK and Kennedy assassination rolled into one. Clark goes down. The lighting thrower is brunet to a crisp from the feed back of that sort of power. Then a brawl breaks out. Clark wakes up at the hospital and finds out doctors saved by restarting his heart using a sh!t tone of electricity. His body is healing on it's own now.

Wrap up: Basically Clark and Lois find out it was Lex trying to create a synthetic meta gene to allegedly use on himself. He was using testing sites in impoverished parts of Metropolis, and one blew up. Superman stops him and turns off the genes via remote in a bitter sweet manner. The genes will die out in about a week now that they are dormant (or will they.....for some). Clark and Lois take a deep breath, and work things out. There were some pretty intense things said but in hindsight they probably should've been talked about. Part of what's cool about their relationship is how they make it work. In the end the day is basically saved but everyone--Clark, Lois, and the whole city have really grown from it all. Now Metropolis' "City of Tomorrow" nickname has a little extra irony to it. The whole thing is like Superman meets Twilight Zone.

This is the perfect representation of the idea.

Last edited by Superlad93; 03-15-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

A Brad Bird/JMS Superman film sounds a lot like a nightmare I had once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yeah lets give the project to Bruce Timm so he can somehow make it all about how Batman is better and cooler and just awesomer than Superman. No thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Timm still actually loves the DCU and the true, iconic versions of their heroes, unlike Snyder and Goyer. Not to mention that Dini was the main writer on S:TAS, and he knows and understands the character.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I found the Bruce Timm Superman alright, I mean he wasn't all that weak by the end of his series, grabbing a 747 and shaking it in the air however, it's when he was in Justice League where his brain power and reasoning got taken down a notch, considering he had to use some strategy to outsmart Mxyzptlk, Bizarro, and Brainiac.
    I agree that Batman was definitely turned into the "Bat God" during JL/JLU.

Well, im not sure about all the details, but i will make myself sure that im making a Superman movie, and not a movie about Super-emo-man.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, im not sure about all the details, but i will make myself sure that im making a Superman movie, and not a movie about Super-emo-man.
    Nothing about MoS was "emo". The current Superman/Clark is the most masculine and in-charge we've seen the character be, in years. He doesn't beat around the bush, he says what he's thinking and feeling. He doesn't lie to Lois, he takes responsibility for Zod and the invasion and deals with it. He's caring and kind without being a doormat.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Duncan Jones on a Mark Millar script... Orion comes to Earth to prepare its defenses, Darkseid is coming. The League forms and they use that trick from Morrisons JLA to get rid of the Bull Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    Timm still actually loves the DCU and the true, iconic versions of their heroes, unlike Snyder and Goyer. Not to mention that Dini was the main writer on S:TAS, and he knows and understands the character.
    You could've fooled me with his Superman and Wonder Woman representations. To call those two iconic representations would be quite laughable. Timm gets the Bat-verse. And some legacy characters in the JLU lineup were decennt. That's it. He's admitted he doesn't get Wonder Woman at all. And his Superman is basically a mash-up of the most mundane aspects of the post-Crisis era of Superman. Far from iconic. The only memorable thing to come from the Timmvers Superman was its take on Brainiac.

In regards to the question though, while I like MOS, if I were given the keys to a Superman movie continuity I'd probably prefer to relaunch the entire thing and start with my ideas from scratch. I'd want to retain Henry Cavill but would be flexible with the rest of the casting, and tell a very Morrison's Action-inspired tale. Brainiac elements would be in someway would be incorporated earlier though as to accommodate Superman finding the costume earlier, as I don't think a t-shirt and jeans look would really wow anyone at the movies. But his ultimate tangible appearance would happen later. But the basics would be him fighting "street-level" crime at first finding out Luthor is behind most of it, and then discovering with the help of Lois Lane that there's something else behind Luthor, which would turn out to be Vril Dox manipulating Luthor from behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-15-2016 at 05:56 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Superman takes an abrupt mission to Mars to save astronauts from an invasion from the multitude. This turns into Superman vs 10,000 angels on Mars. Matt Damon makes a cameo as a trapped astronaut.

Meanwhile, on Earth space and time seem to be falling apart and a mysterious Adam Blake is looking for Lois Lane, though he has been dead for decades.

I have to think about this a bit more, but I'm on the train right now. Just spitballing.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-15-2016 at 05:51 PM.

BANNED

it's not even fair compare Timm and co to DCEU by snyder and Goyer, Timmandco made me love DCU universe. Snyder make me pray they will get the character right and won't be so violent

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Nothing about MoS was "emo". The current Superman/Clark is the most masculine and in-charge we've seen the character be, in years. He doesn't beat around the bush, he says what he's thinking and feeling. He doesn't lie to Lois, he takes responsibility for Zod and the invasion and deals with it. He's caring and kind without being a doormat.
    he could be more assertive and have his own motivation, major script problems
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-15-2016 at 06:09 PM.

I am still mystified that no one at the WB looked at the cultural impact of the DCAU on an entire generation that is now raising its own kids and said, "Hey, let's get the guys that did that to do these movies." Timm, Dini, Burnett, these guys could have teamed up with guys like JMS and Johns, both of whom have screenwriting experience, and become the DC/WB equivalent of the Marvel Braintrust. Have Grant Morrison as a consultant and you'd have a film universe that would rival Marvel's. I'd go so far as to suggest adapting much of the DCAU to live action, with some added material from comics. Imagine if Man of Steel had been Last Son of Krypton, introducing Luthor and a Brainiac from Krypton? Then going with World's Finest and then Justice League.
    I don't mean to pick on your ideas, but putting a bunch of cartoon and comic book writers in charge of a billion dollar movie franchise is something that neither WB nor Disney would ever do. Guys like Johns and Bendis offer tangential creative consulting to the studio, but so far they haven't been anywhere near the actual process of writing or producing of these movies.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

i would put krypto anda kara on it, maybe as two surviving specimen in the collection of one brainiac scouts, deal with him trying to teach kara how to fit in the same time as he tries to learn the most about his culture, the problems of having a superdog (in the wolfish style) while they both try to cope with how they will live from now on knowing they will always be seen as strangers, then brainiac comes to earth and they discover that he was the reason for the kryptonian isolament and the destruction of their colonies.

lots of space action scenes, strangers family bonding, a city destruction "independence day" style, the cameos for steel, maxima and the legion