Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Rosario Dawson Joins "Daredevil" Cast

"Sin City" veteran Rosario Dawson has been cast in the Netlfix "Daredevil" series, but Marvel hasn't announced what role she'll be playing.

Full article here.

Oh Rosario...I'm all in now.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

NICE...here I was hoping she play Elektra.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Karen Page? Super Hero shows seem pretty fond of changing a supporting character ethnicity lately. Alternatively, and in fact a character I'd much prefer is that current DA girl Matt has dated in the comics, though her name escapes me.

EDIT: Of course Elektra would be awesome, suprised that wasn't my first guess.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 06-20-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Fantastic! I'm liking how this cast is shaping up.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Karen Page? Super Hero shows seem pretty fond of changing a supporting character ethnicity lately. Alternatively, and in fact a character I'd much prefer is that current DA girl Matt has dated in the comics, though her name escapes me.
    Because the want the shows to be more diverse. It's been shown that diversity can actually help a shows a ratings....plus in 2014 it's absurd to have a show based in New York with an all white cast.

Looking through the board after the big Star Wars topic I did read, was hoping there'd be some new posts to some existing topics, or a existing topic, or something else big news wise, of that like.

Bunch of thought raced though my mind when I read this headline, wondering Karen Page, someone I'm worried will be forgotten, for any amount of reasons, like focusing on other characters more, or her viewed as a relic of early DD, unlike people like The Hand, Electra, Ben Urich, or Kingpin, would be who she was playing.

Or, Elektra, Typhoid Mary, or Lady Bullseye. Bunch of options to go for, really. Awesome to have more. Cox, D'nofrio and Dawson, what next?

she'll make a fantastic stiltman

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Because the want the shows to be more diverse. It's been shown that diversity can actually help a shows a ratings....plus in 2014 it's absurd to have a show based in New York with an all white cast.
    Oh I wasn't implying that in a negative way, and like Iris in Flash Karen isn't a character defined solely by her race. So that's fine.

Also it was Kirsten McDuffie I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Oh I wasn't implying that in a negative way, and like Iris in Flash Karen isn't a character defined solely by her race. So that's fine.

Also it was Kirsten McDuffie I was thinking of.
    I didn't mean to imply that you thought it was a negative. I was just pointing out the possible reasoning behind this trend.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised i haven't seen anyone complain about this casting choice.
    Last edited by Kasper Cole; 06-20-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: auto correct is the devil

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Although in this case you have an actress who is far better suited for Elektra or Typhoid Mary. Karen Page....meh...I honestly am over her as a character. Frank Miller ruined her, and I felt she never really recovered.

My guess is McDuffie or Page, though I'm curious why they wouldn't release that. Description doesn't sound much like Elektra. She'd be a cool Typhoid Mary though.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    My guess is McDuffie or Page, though I'm curious why they wouldn't release that. Description doesn't sound much like Elektra. She'd be a cool Typhoid Mary though.
    "Her role in the series is absolutely critical to Matt Murdock's journey to become the hero we know as Daredevil."

That sounds like Elektra to me. DD's first mission was [not] saving her Dad, essentially. Remember DD was kind of doing the hero thing before he officially became DareDevil, and Elektra was his college girlfriend. To me that signals Elektra.

And to me Elektra is his Lois Lane. There's no character that lines up with him better.

Yeah if it was down to me to pick I'd rather have MacDuffie than Page, she's more fun and flirtatious but with a killer intelligence and charisma. With Page and like Gwen in ASM2 I'd just be mentally ticking down to when Bullseye offs her every time she's on screen.

Now if we can have Angie Harmon come in for an episode or two as Jennifer Walters I'll be happy.

BANNED

Gotta say that this is A-list talent....

Dawson COULD be an all new character....wouldn't mind that, either....