Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    All of this. And Hopeless said the baby's name will for sure be given in Spider-Woman #6 or possibly even Silk or Spider-Gwen (or Spider-Women alpha).
    Oh sweet. I thought the Spider-Women event was just gonna table all of the baby stuff, as most events interrupt rather jarringly. Though going by some of those Spider-Woman covers, looks like her baby is clearly on her mind. So yeah, maybe this event will give her the idea for the name.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't know if it's anticilmactic. It reveals a lot about the character, although it's also quite divisive getting a protagonist to make a major decision so many fans would disagree with.
    I actually think it is a very "in character" decision. But, for me, the way we as readers have been excluded from the journey is the part that irks me the most. We have been denied the drama of the decision, the inner turmoil of the character. Instead we end up with the after event stuff, the mundane facts of daily life with babies that ALL parents go through, which ends up being reportage rather than entertainment. It also feels off that Jess is so badly unprepared for a baby she obviously specifically planned for.

And how come all her friends are so supportive? Where is the drama in that? What if Carol had not approved of her friend's life choice? Think how much frisson that would have added to the hospital rescue drama.

Overall, the reveal felt weak and contrived IMO, and that is a damn shame.
    Last edited by ViewingFigures; 03-19-2016 at 10:10 AM.

I don't think any amount of planning and classes can really prepare you for your first child. You are going to be overwhelmed no matter what.

And from comments I'm seeing on Twitter and parenting magazine, Jess being the way she us in this issue us spot on for a whole lot of people.

And just in case anyone was wondering what the reviews have been like: http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-bo...man-%282015%29
    Last edited by Seren; 03-19-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast