Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Amy Adams steals this entire film, she's marvelous in every scene she's in and elevates entire beats from being pure sholck just because of her power as an actress. Her Lois is pitch perfect. Henry Cavill is also charming and great.

I'm not sure what the hell is going on with Lex, here. It's honestly the worst I've ever seen the character, in any media. He makes the unseen Lex in KRYPTO look like classic literature. It's a mixture of terrible writing and just very, very bad acting. He's supposed to be "oooo so quirky" but then there will be a scene where he's supposed to be super intimidating and it's laughable. My head cannon now is that he's just Lena Luthor's whack job brother that was trying to prove himself to their father, Lex Luthor.

Bring back Spacey or get Cranston and just bring in a real Lex and write off Essienberg as a bad seed. Best of both worlds. A real Lex Luthor that actually works as a character, and a Jim Carrey Riddler type Lex Jr. to quote biblical things while awkwardly smirking in prison.
    I have said many times now that what you are seeing is what Lex Luthor looks like if he is impersonating The Joker [especially Heath Ledger's Joker]
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

They killed JIMMY!!!!! YOU ÷%×€=;# !!!!!

Last edited by DieHard200904; 03-27-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    They killed JIMMY!!!!! YOU ÷%×€=;# !!!!!

Yup dude. They did.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I have said many times now that what you are seeing is what Lex Luthor looks like if he is impersonating The Joker [especially Heath Ledger's Joker]
    Exactly, Brett! I think he is actually doing a mash-up of the Cesar Romero and Heath Ledger versions

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Yup dude. They did.
    Is it terrible that I didn't even know there was a Jimmy? I thought they had done a Jenny Olsen instead so I was confused about who that dude was until the second viewing.

Yeah, that CIA guy was Jimmy.

2 movies in and we still havent seen Superman's personality.
    What does it say about me that I like his personality. He seems like that kind of guy who is very focused on the select group of people he allows into his life. The problem with the films is that they spend so much time jumping aboush that you don't have many of those small moments. The crew at Double Toasted compare him the hot guy in a coffee shop who on a date turns out to be a boring dude but I like Cavil's Clark and Supes. I also think BvS has THE sexiest Superman Saves Lois sequence EVER

Incredible Member

They can retcon that ****. Saying that the Jimmy Olsen Snyder killed was using the identity of the real Jimmy Olsen. I think they did something similar in Smallville.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    They can retcon that ****. Saying that the Jimmy Olsen Snyder killed was using the identity of the real Jimmy Olsen. I think they did something similar in Smallville.
    Yep. Just say it was Henry James Olsen that was killed! :P

First they imply Jimmy Olsen had a gender change, that turned out to be false. Now they've made Jimmy into a CIA guy(and killed him). What's next? Why even introduce important supporting characters like that just to kill them all in one movie(Hamilton)?

Amazing Member

Anyone here got the injustice hint spoilers:
    from the batman dream?
    end of spoilers

it looks like they're going to drags this sad excuse of a superman down the mud
    Last edited by gtomanga; 03-28-2016 at 02:38 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    First they imply Jimmy Olsen had a gender change, that turned out to be false. Now they've made Jimmy into a CIA guy(and killed him). What's next? Why even introduce important supporting characters like that just to kill them all in one movie(Hamilton)?
    Jimmy is like Kenny from South Park, they will just keep killing a Jimmy one movie after the next. Hence my "they killed Jimmy" reference.

Quote Originally Posted by gtomanga View Post
    Anyone here got the injustice hint
    Yeah, I noticed that. Drove me nuts- Injustice's Superman is a travesty of mischaracterization! It'd really bug me if they brought him into the movies, even in an alternate reality or something.

As for Jimmy- that CIA guy looked and acted nothing like him! And since they never actually said his name in the movie, I feel perfectly justified in pretending he's just some guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gtomanga View Post
    Anyone here got the injustice hint spoilers:
    from the batman dream?
    end of spoilers

it looks like they're going to drags this sad excuse of a superman down the mud
    EVERYONE gets dragged through the sewer of dino droppings if they do INJUSTICE. There is not a sillier story out there. Hopefully they will not do it 1:1 with the game or the comic (which seems to be likely given the dream and the involvement of Darkseid). But if they do follow the lore and you have the heroes rallying behind Evil Supes I will probably check that out as it is horrifically offensive and well stupid.

What if the Nightmares are just Darkseid playing with Batman's mind. Having him kill Superman so the invasion goes smoothlier?