Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    *Sigh* I am getting really nervous, because if Batman beats Superman is over. Everyone will be "See Batman beats sSuperman!Superman SUCZ!
    Not gonna happen...no way.

Besides. This movie sounds like it could be all Wonder Woman.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post

(teasing...sorta...)
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Well, I don't think Batfleck comes across as the bad guy. He starts out meaning well becomes a little heavy on the paranoia and completely misjudges Superman. I highly doubt WB will present their Trinity in a bad light but the more nuanced and "gray area" types they are...

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think it's going to be a real surprise to most movie goers that Batman can hold his own against Superman, so I would expect an excellent showing. I am more concerned that there are mixed reactions to the movie according to Fatman on Batman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post

That would be better than a movie centered on the dick-measuring contest between Batman and Superman.

If Superman loses its over no one on the internet will like him anymore

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think it's going to be a real surprise to most movie goers that Batman can hold his own against Superman, so I would expect an excellent showing. I am more concerned that there are mixed reactions to the movie according to Fatman on Batman.
    I just have to think though if that's due to excessive fanboyism on Batman though. I mean, for the sake of promoting the trinity in this movie, they are going to try and balance them all out to a degree, which means, putting some weaknesses/blindspots on Batman. The trailers seem to suggest that Batman didn't realize that Diana Prince was Wonder Woman, which is fine if he had a blind spot in what he was not focusing on (i.e Lex Luthor and Superman), I mean, WB wants to get as many superhero movies as possible for maximum $$$$$ and hopefully expanded moviemaking operations on DC Characters, including a second Superman solo movie. I don't think that they are going to set it up too imbalanced in terms of Batman and the other characters, they want them all to shine to a degree to sell as much as possible. Marvel is way above them as it is at the movies, last thing they can afford to do is promote only one character above the others.

Everyone who watched the movie said that Superman comes out really well. I don't understand all this assumption making when we haven't seen the whole film.

I doubt this movie will make Superman or Batman look bad. They don't want to risk damaging Superman's image if they're going ahead with MOS2. They don't want Batman or Wonder Woman looking bad either. That could hurt sales for Justice League or WW's solo film. I expect this to go the way of old school superhero fights. Batman and Superman will go back and forth for a bit. They'll surprise each other. Neither one will "win" or ever get totally get the upper hand. Then they realize there was a misunderstanding or they were played by Lex. They then team up to fight a common enemy and become friendly. That way both heroes get to have their cool moments and it starts to pull them together as a team.

Not really if the movie goers are familiar with how Batman and Superman are used in the comic. Batman has become basically Batgod who knows all. He always has a plan. On Earth 2 of course he had a plan for evacuating the planet and had all the seeds for plants ready... yeah... right... because its really realistic that anyone would successfully get off the planet with the technology of the present. There's planning and then there's planning for the unreasonable.

And in the trailer, Batman stops a Superman punch. That is so ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing Batman could build that Superman couldn't peal off him and then grab Bruce by the neck and head up. Unless there's Kryptonite involved. Except that Superman restrains himself. That's the only thing that keeps Lex going. Superman doesn't kill. Although anymore its Superman doesn't kill those he can restrain since he's killed Zod in the last movie and in a 1988 issue of Superman I think(only to be ignored later on when they used the character again). And I have no idea what he's done in the nu52 issues.

But Superman can restrain Batman so he's safe. Luckily for Batman.

BANNED

Hi everyone!!!! I'm new, a BIG DC and Superman fan here

Honestly Im pretty nervous about Superman role in DoJ, I dont want to scare anyone, but I think we, as Superman fans, we should expect the worst, reading some spoilers (I hope they are fake) pretty much confirmed my fears, Affleck pretty much hijacked DCEU.
    Batman wank is easily the worst thing that happened to SUPERhero comics in general, a good character totally ruined by its own fanbase, writers like Frank Miller, DC and Warner itself being faster than The Flash on pushing the Batman Panic Button when something don't meet their expectations.

Not to mention Batman popularity also created this new awful way of thinking:
    -Superhumans = lame people who didnt earn their abilities
    -Batman = the hardworking man, ignoring the fact that this guy had everything, all the time and money in the world to be what he is. (Daredevil NOW THATS is a hardworking man)

No wonder some people call the Justice League, Batman and his Bitches.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Everyone who watched the movie said that Superman comes out really well. I don't understand all this assumption making when we haven't seen the whole film.
    Pretty much this. The review that got taken down the two fella's were huge Superman fans and were raving about the film, highly doubt if Superman was treated badly they'd be so high to rave about the film.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about that, it seems to be an isolated incident an outlier if you will compared to other overwhelming positivity about the film. Besides mixed could be a misleading term, if 30 people watched the film and only 10 disliked it, one could describe that as a mixed response. I would wait until embargo's are lifted before being concerned.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Hi everyone!!!! I'm new, a BIG DC and Superman fan here

Honestly Im pretty nervous about Superman role in DoJ, I dont want to scare anyone, but I think we, as Superman fans, we should expect the worst, reading some spoilers (I hope they are fake) pretty much confirmed my fears, Affleck pretty much hijacked DCEU.
    Batman wank is easily the worst thing that happened to SUPERhero comics in general, a good character totally ruined by its own fanbase, writers like Frank Miller, DC and Warner itself being faster than The Flash on pushing the Batman Panic Button when something don't meet their expectations.

Not to mention Batman popularity also created this new awful way of thinking:
    -Superhumans = lame people who didnt earn their abilities
    -Batman = the hardworking man, ignoring the fact that this guy had everything, all the time and money in the world to be what he is. (Daredevil NOW THATS is a hardworking man)

No wonder some people call the Justice League, Batman and his Bitches.
    Welcome to the forum and into the club of the insecure Superman fan. Take a deep breath and relax.

Some of us have some concerns like you. Mine are about how the fight between Batman and Superman will be handled, and if Batman is going to be the Nick Fury of the DCEU... the creator as well the recruiter and leader of the JL.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-15-2016 at 03:09 PM.