Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Well the ending is also going to be controversial. But holy sh*t if this is true, I'm done.

Same here. Not a good showing at all.

You're a pretty glass half-full kinda guy like I try to be, so if you're worried that makes me worried.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You're a pretty glass half-full kinda guy like I try to be, so if you're worried that makes me worried.
    Are you referring to me??

Angry

These are potential spoiler and I am already doing everything to not channel Kurosawa.

Beware, do not read you are willing to risk it.

spoilers:

Bats and Supes have their fight, but its built entirely on manipulation by Lex. Bat’s has been convinced that Scoot’s character is sort of a martyr against superman, though the hateful letters have been sent by Lex all along. Batman has a few traps set, ahead of time: two sonic speakers, which is nice to see Superman weak to soundwaves in live action, and a set of automatic turrets. Superman gets through those quickly, and leads into the interaction at the rooftop, near the batsignal. The canister that Clark catches IS filled with kryptonite, and Bruce begins to just beat supes to the ground. Utterly merciless. Bruce says something along the lines of “you aren’t a man, men have fear” or something and it continues, pretty evenly matched. Once Bruce’s helmet is destroyed he basically takes the kryptonite spear and goes in for the kill. Lois shows up, and intervenes at the right moment before Bruce literally kills superman. Supes starts cry-shouting that he “has to save Martha” He asks “WHO’S MARTHA?” and like, “Why are you saying that” and Lois like “That’s his MOTHER’S NAME” and this FREAKS. BRUCE. OUT. (If you’ve never noticed before, both Bruce and Clark’s mothers are named Martha, and this is really important). Basically Bruce starts having PTSD flashbacks of his mother and father dying in Crime Alley, and his father whispering “Martha” and that empathy he shares with Clark pushes him to see Clark as an equal. Bruce throws the spear aside, and agrees to help rescue Martha Kent, (thus avoiding the Superman driven apocalypse from the nightmare).
    end of spoilers
    "Those who refuse to learn from the past ..."

The military thought the same thing in "Man of Steel", and paid dearly for that mistake. I have a feeling that Batman is going to have to learn that lesson - the hard way. Wonder if Batman ends up losing a few friends, supporters, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Spoilers? You mean the ones where spoilers:
    Superman is humiliated and almost killed by Batman until Clark calls his mom? And in the end of the movie, as the final insult, Batman becomes the Nick Fury of the DCEU and goes in search of metahumans to create the JL?
    end of spoilers
    Thought that was going to be Aquaman's job?!

Hmm...I went ahead and read most of the blurbs (I don't know when I'll get to get around to seeing it for real life reasons), and honestly I don't think it reads THAT bad.

spoilers:
    The idea of Batman stopping his assault because of a Mom moment is annoying just because Superman doesn't get to stop the fight of his own volition, but it COULD be touching depending on how you play it. But the thing about Batman going Nick Fury, I'm not seeing that. What I saw said that Batman AND Wonder Woman go off in search of the metas, and the only reason Superman isn't with them is well, everyone thinks he died. I have no problem with that.
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

These are potential spoiler and I am already doing everything to not channel Kurosawa.

Beware, do not read you are willing to risk it.

spoilers:

Bats and Supes have their fight, but its built entirely on manipulation by Lex. Bat’s has been convinced that Scoot’s character is sort of a martyr against superman, though the hateful letters have been sent by Lex all along. Batman has a few traps set, ahead of time: two sonic speakers, which is nice to see Superman weak to soundwaves in live action, and a set of automatic turrets. Superman gets through those quickly, and leads into the interaction at the rooftop, near the batsignal. The canister that Clark catches IS filled with kryptonite, and Bruce begins to just beat supes to the ground. Utterly merciless. Bruce says something along the lines of “you aren’t a man, men have fear” or something and it continues, pretty evenly matched. Once Bruce’s helmet is destroyed he basically takes the kryptonite spear and goes in for the kill. Lois shows up, and intervenes at the right moment before Bruce literally kills superman. Supes starts cry-shouting that he “has to save Martha” He asks “WHO’S MARTHA?” and like, “Why are you saying that” and Lois like “That’s his MOTHER’S NAME” and this FREAKS. BRUCE. OUT. (If you’ve never noticed before, both Bruce and Clark’s mothers are named Martha, and this is really important). Basically Bruce starts having PTSD flashbacks of his mother and father dying in Crime Alley, and his father whispering “Martha” and that empathy he shares with Clark pushes him to see Clark as an equal. Bruce throws the spear aside, and agrees to help rescue Martha Kent, (thus avoiding the Superman driven apocalypse from the nightmare).
    end of spoilers
    If I'm being totally honest this sounds pretty okay as words on a page. Obviously I'd have to see it play out, but on it's own I don't see anything inherently bad.

spoilers:
    I'm pretty happy with the apparent subdued nature of the fight. Batman coming at is like a hunter and Superman his kill. Superman coming at it so utterly human and compassionate. People might come away thinking Superman's a "mama's boy" (by people I mean, strangely enough, "Superman fans") but if played right the juxtaposition of this sense of humanity and the godlike stature he's been elevated to should work well. At first it seems like man hunting god, we (and he) realize that it's been man hunting man all along.
    end of spoilers

Hearing this just sorta makes me mad that Wonder Woman, Doomsday and whoever else have to be a part of things (and in such a big way it seems). It's distracting from what I think is a pretty strong core idea. But I still wait in anticipation for how things will play out. Could be good.

Hmm...I went ahead and read most of the blurbs (I don't know when I'll get to get around to seeing it for real life reasons), and honestly I don't think it reads THAT bad.

spoilers:
    The idea of Batman stopping his assault because of a Mom moment is annoying just because Superman doesn't get to stop the fight of his own volition, but it COULD be touching depending on how you play it. But the thing about Batman going Nick Fury, I'm not seeing that. What I saw said that Batman AND Wonder Woman go off in search of the metas, and the only reason Superman isn't with them is well, everyone thinks he died. I have no problem with that.
    end of spoilers
    ...So your ok with it?? For me it sounds pretty stupid.

Are you referring to me??
    I meant Cyberpunk. You are more of a Bruce Banner "You won't like me when I'm angry" type of guy.

...So your ok with it?? For me it sounds pretty stupid.
    Well for me it will depend on the execution. How the emotions plays out in the scene would go a long way for me.. If the emotions were to fall flat, then I'd have more of an issue because it wouldn't give much to fall back on.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

spoilers:
    What I saw said that Batman AND Wonder Woman go off in search of the metas, and the only reason Superman isn't with them is well, everyone thinks he died. I have no problem with that.
    end of spoilers
    Whoa where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    If I'm being totally honest this sounds pretty okay as words on a page. Obviously I'd have to see it play out, but on it's own I don't see anything inherently bad.

spoilers:
    I'm pretty happy with the apparent subdued nature of the fight. Batman coming at is like a hunter and Superman his kill. Superman coming at it so utterly human and compassionate. People might come away thinking Superman's a "mama's boy" (by people I mean, strangely enough, "Superman fans") but if played right the juxtaposition of this sense of humanity and the godlike stature he's been elevated to should work well. At first it seems like man hunting god, we (and he) realize that it's been man hunting man all along.
    end of spoilers

Hearing this just sorta makes me mad that Wonder Woman, Doomsday and whoever else have to be a part of things (and in such a big way it seems). It's distracting from what I think is a pretty strong core idea. But I still wait in anticipation for how things will play out. Could be good.
    Too bad most people won't see it that way and it kinda undermines Superman for future movies.

spoilers:
    When Metallo shows up, I won't be able to take Superman seriously.
    end of spoilers

Lemme go back into my history, but to paraphrase it in the meantime:
    spoilers:
    What I saw, posted today, said that Superman "dies" killing Doomsday with Batman's kryptonite spear. He has a funeral and all, yet the very end teases his still alive with the sound of a growing-more-powerful heartbeat from the casket
    end of spoilers

Here it is: for realz don't read it if you don't wanna know basically everything (if true, and it looks like):
    http://pastebin.com/rzDiVf8e
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-19-2016 at 03:37 PM.

I meant Cyberpunk. You are more of a Bruce Banner "You won't like me when I'm angry" type of guy.

Well for me it will depend on the execution. How the emotions plays out in the scene would go a long way for me.. If the emotions were to fall flat, then I'd have more of an issue because it wouldn't give much to fall back on.

Ok, but I'm not ok with it spoilers:
    by the mere fact that Batman beat Superman, it's kinda a disservice to the character.
    end of spoilers.

And aww....It's that what you think of me.

Haha, nah I'm just joking with ya. You're hardly the first fan to get annoyed with certain things.

Haha, nah I'm just joking with ya. You're hardly the first fan to get annoyed with certain things.
    Hahaha...*Sigh*. But if any of this are true, the boards will look like it did on 2013.