Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't know, I don't blame Snyder particularly for going the
    spoilers:
    death route. It doesn't say anything about him at all to me, considering that the suits wanted a Death of Superman movie since the mid-90s. Its been a loooong time coming, in other words. Zack Snyder just happened to be in the director's chair when it finally happened. And of all ways to go about it, this sounds decent to me.
    end of spoilers
    Yet the way the ending happens doesn't match what the comic fans recall.

That's alright. It was always the general idea they wanted, not the verbatim tale, as seen in so many other drafts we saw throughout the years that incorporated the idea but never saw production. The original story is really old anyway. The only thing in the mainstream consciousness, if they even remember,

spoilers:
    is that one time in the comics Superman died and it got a lot of publicity when it happened
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't know, I don't blame Snyder particularly for going the
    spoilers:
    death route. It doesn't say anything about him at all to me, considering that the suits wanted a Death of Superman movie since the mid-90s. Its been a loooong time coming, in other words. Zack Snyder just happened to be in the director's chair when it finally happened. And of all ways to go about it, this sounds decent to me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Problem with this is that SM in the comics SM had been around for a while. The Funeral For a Friend scene is how inspirational he was to all his allies etc. etc. Who really knows him here? Only Lois and Martha. Won't have the same impact. Bruce isn't losing his bro, Diana isn't losing her bestie like in old canon. Other than oh well Superman does what he needs to do to save the earth...but Superman does that ALL the time. And does this mean the JL is set up without him? How long does he stay dead? He'll just turn up a few days later and week? What about Clark? What is the excuse for his disapperance at the Daily Planet? I feel they rushing everything with Superman...but this is prob because they not doing any sequels for him so they have to hurriedly just set him up. And Batman beats him to a pulp...even if this review is not accurate...I am thinking Batman does indeed come away with the honor of winning.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    spoilers:
    Problem with this is that SM in the comics SM had been around for a while. The Funeral For a Friend scene is how inspirational he was to all his allies etc. etc. Who really knows him here? Only Lois and Martha. Won't have the same impact. Bruce isn't losing his bro, Diana isn't losing her bestie like in old canon. Other than oh well Superman does what he needs to do to save the earth...but Superman does that ALL the time. And does this mean the JL is set up without him? How long does he stay dead? He'll just turn up a few days later and week? What about Clark? What is the excuse for his disapperance at the Daily Planet? I feel they rushing everything with Superman...but this is prob because they not doing any sequels for him so they have to hurriedly just set him up. And Batman beats him to a pulp...even if this review is not accurate...I am thinking Batman does indeed come away with the honor of winning.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's another thing, Superman isn't well estableshed yet, and they are already doing the Death Of Superman in the second movie he appears? WTF? Considering the backlash from MOS, you would think they would actually take some time to develop Superman, so when he does actually die people will feel emotional. But hey, space Jesus again, right
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, this. Writing sounds amateurish at best. But I'm not going to jump to conclusions anyways until it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh my this is strange lol

spoilers:
    well JL could have this really cool "and then Superman returns in the worlds greatest hour of need" moment. Going for a very Joseph Campbell sort of take on the whole deal. But I hope he doesn't just burst from the grave like some sentinel of good. I'm hoping for maybe him secretly (from even the JL) resting at the farm or something having to deal with the idea of "dude I just died or got damn close to it. This is way more than I bargained for". Again this is a little too much and set up heavy for this one film. You've totally bury the lead of BVS and by the end it seems we've got too much on the plate.
    end of spoilers

We'll see.
    spoilers:
    Wha? Dude a day in Clark's life should make Bruce's look relatively normal. This is Superman we're talking about not Spiderman, the whole problem with the MOS interpretation has been the grounded nature of it. Superman should live on the corner of Crazy Avenue and Strange St. That's how the character has been dating back to the golden age when he was fighting corrupt arms dealers and senators he also fighting things like Myx and UFO's.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The World; 03-20-2016 at 06:41 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

nvm .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think this is fair. They've explained Superman has been there for 2 years now, the entire world knows him am at this point and would admire him for defeating Doomsday.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 03-20-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    [spoiler] I don't think this is fair. They've explained Superman has been there for 2 years now, the entire world knows him am at this point and would admire him for defeating Doomsday. [/spoiler]
    Ever since I had it confirmed that it was Doomsday, my heart kind of sank.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    [spoiler] I don't think this is fair. They've explained Superman has been there for 2 years now, the entire world knows him am at this point and would admire him for defeating Doomsday. [/spoiler]
    [spoil*][/spoil] without the *.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I bet we see a Kingdom Come Superman/ Justice League movie someday!
    Yeah, definitely, especially when Marvel already will have their equivalent with Civil War, the best DC had was a movie that did okay with Watchmen, but that wasn't a DCU movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Yeah, definitely, especially when Marvel already will have their equivalent with Civil War, the best DC had was a movie that did okay with Watchmen, but that wasn't a DCU movie.
    So far DC hasn't made a good movie without Batman. Hopefully Wonder Woman breaks that curse.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    spoilers:
    Wha? Dude a day in Clark's life should make Bruce's look relatively normal. This is Superman we're talking about not Spiderman, the whole problem with the MOS interpretation has been the grounded nature of it. Superman should live on the corner of Crazy Avenue and Strange St. That's how the character has been dating back to the golden age when he was fighting corrupt arms dealers and senators he also fighting things like Myx and UFO's.
    end of spoilers
    Huh? What did that have to do with what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So far DC hasn't made a good movie without Batman. Hopefully Wonder Woman breaks that curse.
    Man of Steel, while it was polarizing to the Superman fanbase, was a success overall as a movie. But yeah, more movies that succeed without Batman, the better. DC has diverse characters, and yes, they need to promote them better at the movies.

spoilers:
    Superman dying would never have had the same impact as the comics, regardless of how long he'd been at it according to any script. Not unless you did it near the end of a multiple picture epic. I mean, I get the argument but in a film, you're going to lose something the comics had no matter what. Hell its why I've mostly been a proponent against using the device at all. But as it stands I still don't think it reads bad. We'll see how it feels upon seeing it.
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

spoilers:
    Anyway, Superman will rise again after three days doing another Jesus parallel in time for Easter.
    end of spoilers