All-New Member

Default Confused about the order (Scott Snyder) help!

I'm confused about the order of the Scott Snyder series.

Is it Zero year --> End game --> New Batman 52 --> Batman eternal 52?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punishermax View Post
    I'm confused about the order of the Scott Snyder series.

Is it Zero year --> End game --> New Batman 52 --> Batman eternal 52?
    Batman Eternal takes place before Endgame, so it would be: Zero Year, Court/City of Owls, Death of The Family, Batman Eternal, Endgame, and Super Heavy.

Also Batman & Robin Eternal takes place concurrently to Super Heavy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Batman Eternal takes place before Endgame, so it would be: Zero Year, Court/City of Owls, Death of The Family, Batman Eternal, Endgame, and Super Heavy.

Also Batman & Robin Eternal takes place concurrently to Super Heavy.
    Thanks! Where does the new Batman 52 fit in that?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punishermax View Post
    Thanks! Where does the new Batman 52 fit in that?
    Batman # 52 (which isn't even out yet) or.....New 52 Batman which people take to mean like Court/City of Owls, Death of The Family, etc????

Very generally, publication order is the order. Zero Year was an obvious exception as an obvious trip to the past.

General Order: Zero Year, Court/City of Owls, Death of The Family, Snyder's Clayface two-parter, Batman Eternal, Endgame, and Super Heavy (Batman & Robin Eternal takes place concurrently to Super Heavy).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-15-2016 at 06:07 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

General Order: Zero Year, Court/City of Owls, Death of The Family, Snyder's Clayface two-parter, Batman Eternal, Endgame, and Super Heavy (Batman & Robin Eternal takes place concurrently to Super Heavy).
    I'm piecing together a timeline that contains all (major) story arcs for Batman in The New 52. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

• Zero Year
    • Court/Night/City Of (The) Owls
    • Death Of The Family
    • Requiem (Damian's ''death'')
    • Snyder's Clayface two-parter? Can you tell me which issues this story ran in?
    • Batman: Eternal
    • Endgame
    • Super Heavy / Batman & Robin: Eternal (take place concurrently)

So basically, a reader can take this list as a point of departure and take issues from any other Batman(-related) comic book series and read them by the publication/cover date that corresponds with where they (roughly) are on the timeline?
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I'm piecing together a timeline that contains all (major) story arcs for Batman in The New 52. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

• Zero Year
    • Court/Night/City Of (The) Owls
    • Death Of The Family
    • Requiem (Damian's ''death'')
    • Snyder's Clayface two-parter? Can you tell me which issues this story ran in?
    • Batman: Eternal
    • Endgame
    • Super Heavy / Batman & Robin: Eternal (take place concurrently)

So basically, a reader can take this list as a point of departure and take issues from any other Batman(-related) comic book series and read them by the publication/cover date that corresponds with where they (roughly) are on the timeline?
    The Clayface story was issue 19 and 20.
    Trying to fit other Batman(-related) comic book series into that timeline by publication/cover date alone? Not going to work, at all. Justice League is a prime example, Bruce was never not Batman in Justice League, while he hasn't worn the cowl in months in other books.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

Trying to fit other Batman(-related) comic book series into that timeline by publication/cover date alone? Not going to work, at all. Justice League is a prime example, Bruce was never not Batman in Justice League, while he hasn't worn the cowl in months in other books.
    OK, so not all Justice League stories would appear on the timeline, because they play out outside the main continuity for the most part. I'm talking about other Bat-books that are more related to Batman's story arcs, like Detective Comics, Nightwing/Grayson, Batgirl, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Catwoman, etc.

Again, I would just like a (chronological) list of (major) Batman story arcs in The New 52. Like, (where) should Trinity War -> Forever Evil -> Villains Month be included? And Gothtopia?
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Zero Year
    Court/Night/City Of (The) Owls
    Death Of The Family
    Damian's death in Batman Incorporated (of course Batman Incorporated happens concurrently to all the prior stories and ends right about here before the Requiem issue)
    Requiem (aftermath of Damian's ''death'')
    Snyder's Clayface two-parter
    Batman Annual 2 (this becomes important later with Endgame)
    B&R Hunt for Robin
    B&R Robin Rises (fixes Batfam's distrust after Death of the Family)
    BM Eternal 1-28
    Batman 34 The Meek from Batman Vol 6: Graveyard Shift
    BM Eternal 29-42
    Batman 28 from Batman Vol 6: Graveyard Shift
    BM Eternal 43-52
    Endgame
    Super Heavy / Batman & Robin: Eternal (take place concurrently)

Real Batman Chronology is a site that is helpful on Batman chronology, as long as you take publication order more into consideration than it does, and as long as you don't try to fit stories in order according to seasons and weather and months and such like the OCD at Real Batman Chronology.....armed with Real Batman Chronology's observations on key in-story clues (I mean the clear big ones like if some other story is referenced or there's the Batsignal but it was destroyed in this other issue so X must come before X) and sites with publication order, it's not too hard to make a complete accurate chronology for New 52 Batman. So use Real Batman Chrono, but not too much because it is wrong sometimes and too OCD ("it's snowing in one panel, so it couldn't have happened here despite clues suggesting it does and publication order favoring this spot")
    http://www.therealbatmanchronologypr...u/quick-lists/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-18-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    OK, so not all Justice League stories would appear on the timeline, because they play out outside the main continuity for the most part. I'm talking about other Bat-books that are more related to Batman's story arcs, like Detective Comics, Nightwing/Grayson, Batgirl, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Catwoman, etc.

Again, I would just like a (chronological) list of (major) Batman story arcs in The New 52. Like, (where) should Trinity War -> Forever Evil -> Villains Month be included? And Gothtopia?
    It's hard to say where Trinity War should fall without rereading the whole thing, because Zero Year was happening concurrently I'm pretty sure, so I'm couldn't say without going through the whole thing again. While Villains Month, there is no real singular fit in the timeline, as a bunch of them are straight one shots that are scattered all over the place, some tie in with Forever Evil, it's a mess. Forever Evil should fall before Eternal, because everyone thinks Dick is dead in Eternal, probably between Requiem for which Dick is alive and Eternal. Gothtopia probably falls close to the Hunt for Robin time period.

I'm still trying and waiting to think about how to maybe break apart Superheavy (Vol 8 and future 9) into subparts around the issues of B&R Eternal.