Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

90's - 2000's from the time Bishop joins to the end of the Morrison run.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Without a doubt, the CC + PSM run, with Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops (I could live without him, however, but contrast is always a good thing ...), Nightcrawler, Colossus, Shadowcat and finally Rogue. They were a warm core, in a permanent headquarters, living the most varied adventures and the most interesting personal experiences.

Also, the subsequent run: CC + JRJR's, with the same team except for Cyclops (tee-hee...) plus Rachel. It was a much more turbulent, unsteady and gloomy era, but misfortune brought strong bonds along with it. It was nice and touching.

Of course, the former New Mutants (including the extended version with Douglock, Magik and Magma) was the team which all the teenagers yearned for. I mean...Slumber Party!!!

I would say the former Excalibur also, but I think that it was a too small and anarchic team, funnier from the outside than from the inside.

What? You mean that all of these runs are from middle 80's? That's weird! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Definitely the 90s. No truly horrific situations, cool Shi'ar toys, multiple teams to chose from, the mansion only got destroyed once, mutants seemed happy far more often than at any other time...
    Really? They didn't look so in the covers. All was strain, blood, yelling, agony and all that stuff...
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 03-15-2016 at 04:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Really? They didn't look so in the covers. All was strain, blood, yelling, agony and all that stuff...
    Hey, it was the grunge era and angst sold with the kids.

Morrison era definitely

Incredible Member

Morrison Era until decimation and house of M it was a pretty good time to be a mutant. Lots of peers at the Xavier school and you could be a kid though you have to deal with the Xorn stuff for which nobody should be subject to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    ...because Mutant Massacre covers were all rainbows and love...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    Morrison era definitely
    Agreed. Great time to be a mutant...unless you were living on Genosha.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    They weren't necessarily that happy. I mean, this was the era that saw the outbreak of the Legacy Virus, Wolverine getting severely hurt by Magneto and Colossus defecting to the Acolytes. However, most of their troubles back then was this big, melodramatic soap opera stuff. So, if you knew enough to stay out of it, you could just watch all the drama unfold like it was an episode of Days of Our Lives or something.
    90s was my first thought, but those had some pretty dark times as you mentioned. Let's not forget Onslaught as the epitome of 90s "ooof...."

It's never not sucked to be a mutant in Marvel's world, but I guess the 90's made it bearable since the X-Men were so tight-knit then (perhaps even to a fault).

The All New, All Different X-Men.
    portrait_incredible.jpg

My first choice would definitely be the 90's

My second choice would be the 00's after the Morrison run (and the return to superhero costumes over the dull leather fetish wear) but before the Decimation (when it all went to hell and eventually never recovered)

My third choice would be the early 80's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    They weren't necessarily that happy.
    I think Rachel disappeared and Illyana was buried too in those issues.

Children burials are a huge turn on for Magneto. He uses them to score:
    Last edited by DDD; 03-15-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post

Children burials are a huge turn on for Magneto. He uses them to score:
    Mike Carey... That's just disgusting. I remember it didn't do anything for either of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

lol oh my, it was Rogue who kissed him. That is really bad.

While my favorite runs harken back to the CC/Cockrum, CC/Byrne, early New Mutants days, for me to be an X-man I'd have to live during the more "forward" thinking eras. I know myself. I'm not going to be treated like a second class citizen at every turn and I won't be bullied or persecuted. Sad to say I might abuse my powers a little (like when Lorna once levitated a bigot at a restaurant while she and Alex were having dinner lol)

That said, I'd have to live in the Morrison or San Francisco days. And no I'm not going to Utopia. I'd be perfectly fine with my X-men credit card with my own apartment in the city, super heroing it up a couple times a week, using my awesome powers to gain wealth, knowledge, and maybe some power to help out family, thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Yeah, Rachel disappeared into the future and Illyana died of the Legacy Virus. Also, Blink died saving the rest of the Generation X kids from the Phalanx pretty much before we even got to know her. Plus, the entire timeline got thrown into chaos because of Legion killing Xavier. I can't imagine that was fun to live through. The '90s were my era, but I'm not going to lie and say they were happy times. On the upside, you'd get to attend Scott and Jean's wedding. Never mind that their marriage crashes and burns sometime around 2001.

I keep trying to think of the "happier" times for the X-Men and most of them seem to come with some sort of caveat. For example, the San Francisco era seemed kind of fun, but it's also roughly the era in which Jubilee got turned into a vampire. I'm sorry but I'm not going to let that weak-sauce plot happen. If I go to that era I will meddle with the time stream, I don't care. I may actually choose the "Morrison era" but not Morrison's team. Grant Morrison stuff is just too weird for me. I'm joining Storm's team to go hunting for Destiny's diaries. Even then, we lose Psylocke for a little while.