Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman v Superman" Advance Ticket Sales Outpacing "Deadpool," "Avengers"

The Warner Bros. DC film will have to earn more than $147M in its opening weekend to break records set by "Furious 7" last year.

Full article here.

sounds good, what happened to all that speculation that this film would flop in the box office?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

This is gonna be huge. Hope I can see it in theaters.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sounds good, what happened to all that speculation that this film would flop in the box office?
    This film is flop proof. There's no way anyone could've been serious with that argument. I think this will be a monster opener, I just hope the legs are similarly impressive!

I think flop has different definitions based on the movie.

If it doesn't do AoU numbers, it will look like a flop most likely.

No one is expecting it to pull a Gods of Egypt or Lone Ranger
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

It will be interesting to see how it does in it's first weekend. Advance ticket sales suggest it will do well, but they need more than just the advance sales to have a good opening. And as MarvelPrince said, it also needs legs to be a complete success. We are getting close to finding out the answer to that.

Ultimate Member

Who said it was gonna flop?

I don't think any respectable journalist could have said that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Very true. I don't think any journalist has said it's going to be a flop. It's just a good chuck of the comic book fans that have been saying "the movie is going to flop"..."the cast sucks"..."the director sucks".."No way is this movie going to succeed." Honestly I don't think they know what they are talking about. This movie is going to rock!

BANNED

To be fair, even as vocal as I have been about a dislike for the direction this film is going, I have never said it will flop. I have suggested that it might not make enough money for the studios goals to be met, but I never said it would flop like Fant4stic did.

cbr ran an article the other week saying that there was some computer calculating a massive flop for the film in the box office lol

Its gonna make big bucks no matter what, only danger is being like amazing spiderman 2. Which made good money but got horrid reviews. I think this movie will be much better though so im not too worried.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

They've had to realize no amount of a negativity campaign can stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think flop has different definitions based on the movie.
    And I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of goalpost moving as the numbers come in. "But it's not Avengers money" (even though it's not JLA yet)

Like whatsit site backtracking and saying "I just meant they were nervous not that they were upset" or whatever he excused they used.

They weren't respected

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    To be fair, even as vocal as I have been about a dislike for the direction this film is going, I have never said it will flop. I have suggested that it might not make enough money for the studios goals to be met, but I never said it would flop like Fant4stic did.
    Well, that's an easy and, essentially, empty thing to suggest though, given that none of us know exactly what the studio's specific box office goals are. Presumably, their basic goal is for the movie to make a lot of money. And it almost certainly will make a lot of money. Anything more specific than that is just random speculation.
    Last edited by kalorama; 03-15-2016 at 10:43 AM.

BANNED

I'm not sure why Furious 7 was specifically mentioned in the OP. So if BvS "only" has a $145 mill opening, then what? Failure? Summary executions for all? Don't really see the relevance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I'm not sure why Furious 7 was specifically mentioned in the OP. So if BvS "only" has a $145 mill opening, then what? Failure? Summary executions for all? Don't really see the relevance.
    Being a bit touchy are we? The post simply states that BvS needs to earn $147 million to break a record. Its a simple, verifiable fact, with no presumptions attached. Any presumptions are inferred by you. The relevance is there for all to see.