Super Moderator

Default "Action Comics" Writer Pak Brings Sense of 'Wonder' to DC's "Teen Titans"

Greg Pak tells CBR about beginning his "Teen Titans" run and how a character created in Azzarello & Chiang's "Wonder Woman" story plays a key role.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

One of the biggest problems with the current Teen Titans was that DC initially launched all the characters with no history to their legacy except maybe Robin. That was a huge mistake. I recall just reading the first issue where there was a line "don't call me Wonder Girl." It was all pretty pointless actually. I'm glad they're starting to fix that. Haven't been reading since issue 5 or 6 but I'l give it a try because I really enjoy Pak's work.

Astonishing Member

Of all the comics not to get a Batgirl-esque makeover, this one confounds me the most.

There's no reason this book shouldn't have been overhauled last year. It's needed a shot in the arm for years and every attempt they've made to build interest has been backwards.

i love Pak's work but i just can't with this version of the Teen Titans. i may give it a shot after Rebirth once the stink of this era has hopefully worn off.

I MIGHT give it a try because its Pak, but my gut tells me that this title is one that doesn't need a makeover, that it just needs to be scrapped. But if anyone could fix it its probably him.

Once Titans Hunt finishes restoring their past though, I'm more interested in just reading new "old" tales of the original team.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Of all the comics not to get a Batgirl-esque makeover, this one confounds me the most.
    SERIOUSLY. When the Pfieffer/Hepburn creative team was on the book during the intro to Power Girl, I thought we were AT LEAST going to be in for a "soft" Batgirl-ing of the title. It would have made more sense to take the Titans in an Indie book direction, especially since they were struggling since re-launch.

BANNED

There's no reason this book shouldn't have been overhauled last year. It's needed a shot in the arm for years and every attempt they've made to build interest has been backwards.
    it started the 2nd series being batgirled but it didn't worked out and things went back to meat and potatoes.
    Pak is a ok writer, but teen titans is a big mess and now seems a little too late to make the connection between wondergirl and wonder woman

BANNED

Isn't this book just going to be relaunched for Rebirth? Will Pak still be the writer? Not that I'd mind him staying on the book, his other DC stuff has been decent, but he might only be writing TT for a few issues and not making any impact on the team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Pak is a ok writer, but teen titans is a big mess and now seems a little too late to make the connection between wondergirl and wonder woman
    Any Alpha Flight fan can tell you how fast Pak can crash and burn a team book.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    it started the 2nd series being batgirled but it didn't worked out and things went back to meat and potatoes.
    The changes DC made to Titans pale in comparison to the changes DC made with Batgirl who got a new costume, new city, new supporting cast, fresh creative voices (although Stewart has been around) and a tone that was roughly 180 degrees from where the book was prior.

The most Titans really got was a new lens for the same old look. The changes were pretty much negligible. The touch up needed to be significantly more thorough to make it worthwhile.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Any Alpha Flight fan can tell you how fast Pak can crash and burn a team book.
    I researched, Pak co-wrote the last volume qith a new #1 and it didn't went past issue #8.
    teen titans was already doomed, I don't think Pak can fix anything. better wait for a rebirth

The changes DC made to Titans pale in comparison to the changes DC made with Batgirl who got a new costume, new city, new supporting cast, fresh creative voices (although Stewart has been around) and a tone that was roughly 180 degrees from where the book was prior.

The most Titans really got was a new lens for the same old look. The changes were pretty much negligible. The touch up needed to be significantly more thorough to make it worthwhile.
    simone batgirl run had less problems and offered a good build up forfor the next team.

we know batgirling everything is not the solution, specially that the problem on TT are weak foundation and characters completely unlikeable and out of character.

DC need to erase everything on new 52 and start all over again with the character or new characters
    Last edited by Tayswift; 03-16-2016 at 09:42 AM.

I'm with you on this one.

Batgirl makeovers aren't the solution to everything, but I definitely think its a viable solution for Teen Titans.

Also, I predict that Bunker will continue to be underrated and awesome no matter who writes him.