Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    I still don't think Peter should be on the future crimes side (or that he should be in this event at all, or that this event should exist, or that Bendis...etc etc), yeah he's obviously lost people he wanted to save but so has pretty much everyone on both sides. He definitely wouldn't arrest/attack people for crimes they have yet to commit (Neither would she-hulk, being a lawyer and all), and as seen with Massacre he's always willing to give villains a chance to do good.

This is purely speculation but I think Peter's decision to align with Carol is probably based heavily on the fact that last time he rode with Stark on a major issue like this (presumably involving the govt this time as well) his life went straight to hell so I'm guessing he's hesitant to back Tony again.

Personally I think Peter screwed himself last time by not having a spine & saying "Hell no I will not reveal my identity to the whole world!!!" but like I'm said I'm guessing he has trust issues with Stark still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Axel posted that on twitter yesterday, variant covers, and pretty much confirmed these heroes are part of those sides. Didn't saw anyone talking about that or a thread.

Waaa. I can't see the images in my computer. Can you tell which team is Storm under?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Waaa. I can't see the images in my computer. Can you tell which team is Storm under?
    Is not really all of them. Storm is not on the pictures.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is not really all of them. Storm is not on the pictures.
    oh. Ok. . I just couldn't wait to know. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Going by that, that would apply to just about every superhero that we know. Everyone of them has probably suffered some kind of loss or heartache caused directly or indirectly by the activity of criminals. By your reasoning, every hero should sign up and join Captain Marvel's side.
    It's not that simple. Of course all heroes have lost a beloved one, but Peter's case is way beyond that. I mean, just think about the crazy stuff he had to suffer against his enemies, from his life stolen from Doc Ock to do a pact with Mephisto to save Aunt May. Superhero's life is always cuckoo, but Spider-Man has been way over the standards. Do you think he want to be wait until the next time Osborn attacks his world? Or the next time one of his enemies return from the grave? Or the next one someone close to him will die because he didn't see it coming?

As far as I see, the heroes who have suffered the most will consider the option of "change the future", while the ones who didn't get their lifes so crazy will keep hope for just "protect the future".

iMan 42s

Honestly it isn't surprising to see Peter on Carol's side.
    It's been established that given the chance for him to have changed things, more often than not he does. From what he wanted with House of M, the infamous One more day, Civil War in some respects as despite him feeling conflicted about taking off the mask he did want to protect his loved ones, not to mention if Kaine was any indicator Peter does have the capacity to go too far and kill to protect his loved ones. It makes a lot of sense given all of this and his own sense of over flowing guilt over things he simply could not have known about. He very likely would be more than willing to prevent the next "Uncle Ben" from happening to him or anyone else. Peter in recent years holds the mantra of "no one dies" and while he has learned that he can't save everyone, it's not like he wouldn't try to do it.

Miles actually would make sense on Tony's side considering that while Miles did end up coming from the Ultimate Universe, he now exists in 616 as if he always did. To Miles Morales his mother was never killed by Venom, and thus has not gone through the same tragedy he did in his old universe. Miles has essentially been given a better life than the Hell hole that was the Ultimate universe, so he has no reason to change things. He doesn't have the same guilt Peter has and has grown up fine despite living in the Marvel universe. Are there things he would change? Probably, but his pain isn't the focus of his life. It isn't his inspiration or the motivation to keep people from experiencing the same. Miles just enjoys helping people and thus is likely more grounded in his super heroics than others. He doesn't want to change the future because he never needed to. As far as he is concerned he is the good guy and the good guys always win, and in his new life he isn't wrong.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

more variant covers? Hmm..

So what heroes are going to die? Why can't some villains die?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Yeah, in the first Civil War, Carol Danvers, She-Hulk,War Machine and Spider-Man (initially) were all followers of Tony Stark now this time they are on the opposite side against him.
    And even She-Hulk turned on him after learning what he did to Bruce.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Did she change sides during the first civil war?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not going to be reading this event, but Bendis (and probably some of the writers on the tie-ins) are going to have to work really hard to make me believe why certain characters would support their respective sides.
    Actually they won't have to work hard at all considering you wont be reading it.