Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Really excited about this. Can this just be the new flagship?
    It is as far as I'm concerned.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did never read X-Statix, so it will probably take me wa while to figure out who they are. Only know Deadgirl from a min series some years back
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Great so they have their own entire version of a Marvel U to play with.I was wondering how much wiggle room the writers would have.Art looks good. Loving the line-up. Glad to hear Bishop and Betsy will keep their edgy approach to things.Good interview this sounds like it will be a great book.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Did never read X-Statix, so it will probably take me a while to figure out who they are. Only know Deadgirl from a min series some years back
    I'm having some trouble with it, too, but this link helped me a lot:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/x-stat...85/characters/
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Let's face it, if anyone could get Wolverine on rollerblades (without, yanno, using mind control), it's Jubilee.

I like that the series has a lighter tone -- I guess we'll just have to see how light it is, whether it's tending towards outright goofiness or merely humorous lightheartedness. ;D

I share your concern about the large student body, but like you said, it really does seem like the kids will just be there in a supporting capacity. Future story arcs may not even take place at the school. Issue #5 looks to be a standalone starring Scott and Jean on "the worst vacation ever," so I wouldn't expect to see any school scenes in that one.
    Well, that is true.

I also like the lighter tone, it's a much needed departure from the way things have been in main MU for the last years but I still hope that this will be more of a fun alternate take on classic X-Men and less a parody of classic X-Men.

You're right about that one. I'm not really as worried by it after reading this interview since the writers did address that issue and like you say, there's probably not going to be much focus on students if the upcoming issues take place away from the school setting altogether. But we'll just have to wait and see!

It is as far as I'm concerned.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Did never read X-Statix, so it will probably take me wa while to figure out who they are. Only know Deadgirl from a min series some years back
    I never read it either but a quick wikiwalk helped me get a feel on the idea behind these characters so I think that it'll be fine and I'm sure that we'll get to know these characters over the course of the series eventually!

This interview just affirmed to me that I really just want to see X-Statix again or rather an X-Book that is a little off-kilter. Jason Aaron is probably one of my favorite writers at Marvel (in a rare case where I actually greatly prefer his Thor and Doctor Strange above his creator owned works), but Wolverine and the X-Men was not it.

I'm glad that the writers are intentionally trying to not to do a retread of our favorite moments, but the only parts that really appeal to me are the characters that didn't really star in the animated series (Cassandra Nova, X-Statix, Gen X, Psylocke, Bishop, plus all of the villains). I have an aversion to these outfits and character dynamics so I like the wrenches that the writers are throwing in mix.

Hopefully this series is 1) good, and 2) successful enough for an X-Statix/Gen X miniseries.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post

Hopefully this series is 1) good, and 2) successful enough for an X-Statix/Gen X miniseries.
    I would much rather read that book than one based on the cartoon.

so... um... so... like what are the chances that if this book really does well Marvel may think about making an animated reboot or sequel tv series to the orignal X-men cartoon with Bowers/Sims as the new writers/show runners using the 92 series as its source?
    I know..fat chance... right...

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    so... um... so... like what are the chances that if this book really does well Marvel may think about making an animated reboot or sequel tv series to the orignal X-men cartoon with Bowers/Sims as the new writers/show runners using the 92 series as its source?
    I know..fat chance... right...
    I think that unless something changes drastically the chances of that happening are maybe about 0,1% and that's me being generous! Let's face it, promoting X-Men to impressionable kids (who might get excited by these characters and want to see them in films and play with toys of them) is the absolutely last thing Disney/Marvel wants to do.

Sigh...I know..can you imagine what it be like for the x-men right now if that stupid rivalry wasn't going on...

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Sigh...I know..can you imagine what it be like for the x-men right now if that stupid rivalry wasn't going on...

I honestly don't know what it would be like but it certainly would be a hell of a lot better than what we have right now!

Then again considering the level of recent Marvel cartoons I'm not sure if I would really want to see X-Men if they were done in similar style. I mean, I'm not fan of Avengers but I've still seen both Avengers: UTS (it was really weak) and Avengers: EMH (it was really good) but I couldn't bring myself to watch more than couple episodes of Avengers Assemble. After that I started fast forwarding the episodes and after about 6 episodes I just completely gave up. It was just so boring and badly written! There was nothing engaging for anyone above maybe 6 years old. I don't know, maybe it's the same type of stuff like 80's TMNT but I'm just too old to find it entertaining nowadays. I mean, I still could watch some episodes of that show but maybe it's just because I have nostalgia for it and if I hadn't grown up with it I would look at it the same way I now look at Avengers Assemble. Who knows. But I'd still like to see X-Men get better treatment than they are getting right now and wouldn't mind a new cartoon even if it was for little kids. Maybe I could still watch that just to see my favorite characters ever brought to life in animated form at least every once in a while. Besides it would help X-Men survive in the future by giving them new fans.

But it is what it is... *sigh*

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I am surprised that the X-Statix group will be featured a little. I have no problem with this because i remember reading some X-Statix books but i did not collect the whole series. The books i read i enjoyed the characters were developed well. I describe it as a mix of a Vertigo lite version of a X-book.It was something different at the time. I'm liking that Gen-X and X-Statix will be featured.I wonder how they fit into things considering the role they played in the main Marvel U, considering the celebrity obsessed society we now live in.

I'm having some trouble with it, too, but this link helped me a lot:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/x-stat...85/characters/
    Yeesh! I can not say that reading about any of those characters in X-Statix really caught my interest except for maybe Dead Girl. We will see if this book will make me feel differently.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Comics & Music Enthusiast NerdyDJ's Avatar

I wonder if we will get Morph that would be bomb

It would not surprise me at all if we got to see Morph at some point.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!