Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supergirls

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Default Supergirls

Would anybody be interested in seeing that SUPERGIRLS ongoing that was kicked around prior to the reboot? Who would you fill the ranks with? Creative team ideas?

Personally, I'm sick of not having a SUPERGIRL book so why not have tons of S-girls!?

I'd go with:
    Supergirl (Kara Zor-El)
    Livewire
    Matrix (rebooted and taking a different form)
    Cir-El (mysterious time traveling ancestor of Superman)
    Traci 13
    Lady Steel (Natasha Irons)
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-16-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Incredible Member

How are you going to have a Supergirls series without Power Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Would anybody be interested in seeing that SUPERGIRLS ongoing that was kicked around prior to the reboot? Who would you fill the ranks with? Creative team ideas?

Personally, I'm sick of not having a SUPERGIRL book so why not have tons of S-girls!?
    Aren't we already getting a new Supergirl book as well as a Superwoman title as part of Rebirth this summer?
    (Not to mention the current TV-show based Digital First offering that'll later be released as a trade paperback collection.)

Extraordinary Member

It would have been much better for them to go that route in 2003 with Linda Danvers, Power Girl, and the Silver Age Kara than anything they've done with Supergirl since has been. Even now it could reinvigorate the Supergirl comic.

BANNED

I'd go with:
    Supergirl (Kara Zor-El)
    Livewire
    Matrix (rebooted and taking a different form)
    Cir-El (mysterious time traveling ancestor of Superman)
    Traci 13
    Lady Steel (Natasha Irons)
    Hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It would have been much better for them to go that route in 2003 with Linda Danvers, Power Girl, and the Silver Age Kara than anything they've done with Supergirl since has been. Even now it could reinvigorate the Supergirl comic.
    I know i wanted that back then,course i would have added cir-ep somehow

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aren't we already getting a new Supergirl book as well as a Superwoman title as part of Rebirth this summer?
    (Not to mention the current TV-show based Digital First offering that'll later be released as a trade paperback collection.)
    Been quite the wait!

We aren't sure what SUPERWOMAN will even be yet. Might have no ties to Kara Zor-El.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-16-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    How are you going to have a Supergirls series without Power Girl?
    Eh, she'd have to be a regular guest star cause she's firmly entrenched in the Earth 2 U on whatever planet that mess takes place on currently. I'd love to use her though.

Been quite the wait!

We aren't sure what SUPERWOMAN will even be yet. Might have no ties to Kara Zor-El.
    I don't know if anyone ever said anything about Superwoman having ties to Kara Zor-El or not yet.
    You just complained about not having a Supergirl book, so I mentioned some current and upcoming things that might have a female Super connection.
    (They may also negate a need / desire on DC's part for a "Supergirls" title.)

Incredible Member

Eh, she'd have to be a regular guest star cause she's firmly entrenched in the Earth 2 U on whatever planet that mess takes place on currently. I'd love to use her though.
    No reason to not have it be a multiversal team like Web Warriors, though. She has history with Earth 1 that could legitimize her presence and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    No reason to not have it be a multiversal team like Web Warriors, though. She has history with Earth 1 that could legitimize her presence and interest.
    If there could be a way to bring her into the fold without the timey wimey Web Warriors stuff, I'm down! I like Power Girl and she'd bring a fun dynamic to the group.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-17-2016 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know if anyone ever said anything about Superwoman having ties to Kara Zor-El or not yet.
    You just complained about not having a Supergirl book, so I mentioned some current and upcoming things that might have a female Super connection.
    (They may also negate a need / desire on DC's part for a "Supergirls" title.)
    I'm pretty excited to see what that book has to offer, but I'm talking about a team built around Kara.

Kind of like a BIRDS OF PREY in the SUPERMAN world, operating out of Kara's underwater fortress (hell, Lori could join!)

You guys know that I hate the idea of "Superman's cousin from Krypton" (well, you likely dont know that, but I do) on a conceptual level, but I could be down for this.

But while we're at it, why not make Lois Lane a major part of the book? If we're going to have a title about the best and brightest females of the Super-verse, it'd be criminal to not include Lois in some capacity.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You guys know that I hate the idea of "Superman's cousin from Krypton" (well, you likely dont know that, but I do) on a conceptual level, but I could be down for this.

But while we're at it, why not make Lois Lane a major part of the book? If we're going to have a title about the best and brightest females of the Super-verse, it'd be criminal to not include Lois in some capacity.
    The "cousin from Krypton" thing isn't my favorite, but I can get past it. I prefer her to not really be related to Kal-El at all, but be "family" to him regardless. Kal has always been about building family, so it fits. Being a direct cousin always seemed forced. As someone from a largely old world/immigrant family I barely know any of my own cousins, so it seems poetic to me that Superman would build a family for himself. I'm also a pretty big proponent of Kara being pretty young.

I was thinking of bringing Lois in through Cir-El. I'd love to do a real Cir-El story. I loved her design so I'd really like that character to get a chance to be something more than what she was. I like "vague ancestor without much memory to why she's there" as a trope, not outright daughter but sprung from the Kal-El/Lois Lane bloodline. Lois could easily be a big part of the book, Lana too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-18-2016 at 06:22 PM.

The "cousin from Krypton" thing isn't my favorite, but I can get past it. I prefer her to not really be related to Kal-El at all, but be "family" to him regardless. Kal has always been about building family, so it fits. Being a direct cousin always seemed forced. As someone from a largely old world/immigrant family I barely know any of my own cousins, so it seems poetic to me that Superman would build a family for himself. I'm also a pretty big proponent of Kara being pretty young.
    With the TV show making great emphasis that Kara Zor-El and Kal-El are cousins I doubt any future comic books would have them not being related as this would just confuse people who buy the comic books as a result of the TV show. And most comic books do get a big spike in sales after the characters are presented in a movie or TV show. So to continue to sell they have to be familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    With the TV show making great emphasis that Kara Zor-El and Kal-El are cousins I doubt any future comic books would have them not being related as this would just confuse people who buy the comic books as a result of the TV show. And most comic books do get a big spike in sales after the characters are presented in a movie or TV show. So to continue to sell they have to be familiar.
    I'm more than fine with them continuing as cousins, I love Kara Zor-El. I doubt that a CBS show would have that much pull though. It depends really on how she's eventually introduced on film to wide audiences.