Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Power Man and Iron Fist #2... SPOILERS

- Luke and Danny (wearing the mask) chat

- Rumor is they are back together and the rumor is spreading across town

- Tombstone wnats the necklace back

- Goons come for Luke/Danny. Jessica Drew and Spider-Gwen are watching. Drew really wants their shirts to come off. Like... really lol

- Goons go down.

- Luke realize they have been played but secretary is gone

- Secretary lady activates the necklace and gains power

- Art felt a lot better this issue for whatever reason. Maybe I am just used to it. Anyway, this book is pure comic book fun.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

loved it! welcome back NEKRA

Great issue!!! Loving this series. Hoping Mr. Fish shows up soon.

Same here, loving this series and seeing some of the classic foes return and I am a sucker for mystical items like the Lifestone here in the MU. I'm sure the Hood is going to be kicking himself now. Love the diner scene.
    Mooper Films

Spectacular Member

One of the funnest books out there. Two issues in and I love it.

I loved this issue. So much fun. I'm so glad this series exists.

BTW, is Danny broke now or something? Haven't been following up on him as his last solo was... eh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Not a fan of how immature Danny is being written but I like the book overall. He did take apart BT easier than I ever would have imagined though.

This is an awesome series so far! Only two issues but it feels like Walker absolutely gets where Luke Cage is at this point. Glad that Iron Fist isn't acting as depressing as he was in his last run, and love the quick asides to Jessica Jones. Really hope books like this and Mockingbird don't get dragged into Civil War II when the time comes.

Thought it was okay but was Danny always this...goofy? He didn't seem like it in THe IIF.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

he's not this goofy in his solos. but he's around luke cage right now. and people's personalities tend to adjust slightly depending on who they are around and when. it's like a comfort level thing.

luke isn't usually such a gramma but he's kind of this way in the book. he just wants to go home and not get yelled at, so he keep trying to put the brakes on everything. it's not a big deal

Danny was pretty goofy in Immortal Iron Fist, maybe not quite as much as he is in this series but it's definitely in his character. And I mirror sentiments that when he's around Luke it might just bring out that side of him. He doesn't need to keep his guard up as much.

Danny was goofy in Immortal Iron Fist and I loved that series, his most recent one...not so much and it wasn't...to my tastes. This though, this is great, and honestly I can see Danny wanting to go back to simpler times and enjoying himself with Luke.

Loved the cameos and commentary from minions and heroes. Loved the obscure villains. Loved Luke slipping on fiddle faddle.

Book has jumped onto my pull list.

I think the whole "Danny is a goof" thing has more to do with the fact that we aren't seeing him without Luke. It cuts back to Luke and Jessica a lot, and we see what his home life is like, but we're not seeing that with Danny. In fact, I get the feeling that when he's not hanging out with Luke, Danny is in a really low place. He mentions missing the old days a bunch in this issue, and in the fist issue it seems like it was his idea more than Luke's to go pick up their former office assistant from the prison.

Just a couple of thoughts:

- Walker has this really great ability of conversation. Indeed, as mentioned before there were a ton of cool cameos and guest stars for this issue, all of whom were able to shine because of their dialogue. I appreciated in the issue there were like multiple layers of conversation, with Spider-Woman and Spider-Gwen, Grim and Reaper, and Luke and Danny during the fight scene with Gorilla Man and Black Tarantula.

Of course, the main throughline throughout the entire issue was the conversation between Luke and Danny. Danny repeatedly bringing up "filet of sole" was hilarious, mainly because in any long conversation, one always brings up the same thing over and over again. I didn't get to mention this before, but I'm also digging Luke's role. Him having to use the small car or his use of "fiddle-faddle" because of Jessica and his daughter show that he's a married, family man now. There's this great mature, distinguished quality about that.

- Really enjoyed all of the guest appearances here. Walker has mentioned that he wants to have as many guest stars and appearances as he could. Still, I was hoping to see more of Rocket Racer than just his boots. Big fan of Robbie! Also, I'm glad to see that Black Tarantula is back. I was worried about him after the events of Shadowland. Still, I wish he had a bit more of a threatening presence. This guy is carrying on an immortal criminal empire legacy here and once unmasked Spider-Man! However, the fight scene was pretty cool.

Anyway, can't wait for next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."