View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13th Artifact (one-shot)

0 0%
  • Empty Zone #6

0 0%
  • Huck #5 (of 6)

1 5.56%
  • Injection #8

2 11.11%
  • The Legacy of Luther Strode #5 (of 6)

2 11.11%
  • Low #12

5 27.78%
  • Monstress #4

5 27.78%
  • ODY-C #10

1 5.56%
  • Rat Queens #15

1 5.56%
  • Roche Limit: Monadic #1 (of 4)

1 5.56%
  • Starve #7

0 0%
  • Symmetry #4

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #11 - New Roche Limit & 13th Artifact (Top Cow talent hunt winner!)

Welcome back to the weekly Image poll, where we vote for our faves & chat about stuff!

Last week was a little light on the amount of releases and consequently on votes. However, Descender #11 proved popular as ever and picked up another victory!

This week is packed by contrast: Empty Zone begins a new storyline, Huck hits its penultimate issue as does The Legacy of Luther Strode, then we see three arcs ending in ODY-C, Rat Queens and Symmetry. Also Monstress seems to be shaping into a real hit and sees its third issue reprinted as well.

Still not enough? Fine, have some new stuff as well!
    First up is Roche Limit: Monadic. This begins the third and final arc in the Roche Limit trilogy. While not wanting to spoil it, this looks like it'll be humanity's (last?) fight for survival following the explosive conclusion of the previous arc.

Secondly, a release of special interest to Image forum members. Top Cow has held annual talent hunts here, and the 13th Artifact one-shot is the product of last year's winner! It follows astronaut Valentina Kedr crashlanding on an alien planet, with dwindling oxygen supplies. Can she explore fast enough to find a solution, or will the planet's existing civilisation prove another threat?

243021.jpg 243018.jpg

Rat Queens #15 and Monstress #4 this week.

I hate to say it, but I just found this arc of Rat Queens to be a misfire. I'm still fine with the art, but I didn't care about the story, the stakes, or Hannah's big secret. But I guess it didn't help that Hannah's my least favorite of the crew. I can't say I'm going to drop the book, because the tease of Braga joining the Queens next arc is too much temptation for me to resist and I always enjoy a good roster shake-up. But I won't be putting down money for the third TPB.

Monstress, on the other hand, is getting better and better. We're still meeting new factions and setting up more mystery, but the sense of just how big this story is keeps growing while keeping the reader grounded in the primary cast. And art is just stunning. So Liu and Takeda get my vote this week.

Some good books this week to read but Luther Strode is always an automatic vote from me (unless it happens to be a new Invincible week).
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Injection, Monstress, and Rat Queens this week.

had to go with Low, though Huck is a close second, it has made me appreciate Superman.

Picked up only Monstress so it wins by default. But it wasn't bad either way, I think it slightly improved from last issue where I felt like it started going in circles a bit.

Incredible Member

I hate to be so negative towards Image given what the company has done for me (i.e., resurrected my love in comic books), but 2016 continues to be a terrible year for Image, at least as far as the books I care about go.

If "none" was an option, I'd vote. As it is, I can't vote on anything. It will be none next week as well, though I will at least get to vote for Saga the week after that.

Low looks really good as usual, but I've already voted for ODY-C solely on the basis of this sequence (click to enlarge):

CdpscunW4AELHqa.jpg

Good stuff.

^That is good stuff. 2016 can't be too terrible with work like that.

Or with marvelous titles like Monstress and Injection out this week. I'm still an Image fan.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

voted for Huck, which I'm enjoying a good bit; Rats hasn't held my attention as it once did, alas. Seems less amusing than before....
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet