Super Moderator

Default Matt Wagner Returns To "The Shadow" for "The Death of Margo Lane"

Wagner will write and illustrate the five-issue series, debuting this summer from Dynamite Entertainment.

Full article here.

This definitely sounds like it could be interesting!

Looking forward to it.

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

I'll get this one for sure.

This definitely sounds great. Between this and the Shadow/Twilight Zone mini, Dynamite's doing some interesting stuff with the character.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wagner writing and drawing the Shadow is really one of my favorite things

Default Dynamite: Shadow: The Death Of Margo Lane

This arrived in the Grim North at the weekend. Its totally brilliant. Dynamite have finally got The Shadow, or maybe its because Matt Wagner always did. For once the interior art matches the cover and for once the main character is depicted as we all know him, not just as any guy in a slouch hat as per 90% of the Dynamite Shadow - thank you Mr Wagner.
    Story looks to be a good one, the artwork feels like a 1930's movie. Lines very crisp. Lettering imaginative in a good way. Better than Shadow Year Zero.

Go buy! Tell your friends and relatives!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Mine has not come in yet, for some reason. Wagner is excellent with this type of material and the character in general. I hope you also own Grendel vs Shadow.

Yes I have - another great piece of work. The two characters worked well (as foes obviously)! But this looks better :-)
    Last edited by Omniscient1; 06-14-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
    Dynamite have finally got The Shadow, or maybe its because Matt Wagner always did. For once the interior art matches the cover and for once the main character is depicted as we all know him, not just as any guy in a slouch hat as per 90% of the Dynamite Shadow - thank you Mr Wagner.
    Story looks to be a good one, the artwork feels like a 1930's movie. Lines very crisp. Lettering imaginative in a good way. Better than Shadow Year Zero.
    Go buy! Tell your friends and relatives!!
    its funny that you say this because it is exactly what happened with me as well. ive tried a little of every shadow title dynamite has put out and the only ones ive liked enough to complete are the previous wagner run and now this mini which ive just subscribed to. i really love it

I think there comes a point where just having a guy in a black hat going Ha ha ha does not make the character The Shadow, too many Dynamite threads have fallen on this as a representation. Especially irritating as the covers are almost universally top notch. The Wagner version goes deeper, thankfully.

Default Merger notice

Hey all, these two topics have been merged at the helpful suggestion of a poster to hopefully make discussion more centralised and easy to find. Carry on as normal!

I really enjoyed this. The period setting and the art were spot on. The only possible flaw was the map on page 4 which reflects the modern world, not that of the 30's.

Issue #4 has arrived. The quality continues. I wish Dynamite would turn this back into a continuing series - but with Mr Wagner doing the stories of course :-)