Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    The most Wanda is able to do is sacrifice the entire mutant population, but that won't help in this case.

They could speculate all they like, but it simply wasn't happening. Since when is baseless speculation enough to warrant an abuse of the space-time continuum? Especially when the one abusing it knows that it's already in a very weakened state and any further time travel could end the entire multiverse?
    As I posted be fore after years of time travelers and dimension hoppers Kitty, Bishop, Rachael, Cable, the FF, Kang, Doom, Iron, Man, Dagger and who knows how many others IDK there was reason to suspect one more time travel trip was going to do any more harm.
    It was more than speculation Storm said flat out she was trying to stop it. Does not take much to see she could only do it for so long.

And I repeat for the slower among us that my original statement was there was no plan of personal gain by Beast. He was trying to help Scott. You don't have to agree with the actions or like the outcome but it is right there on the page what he is trying to do. It was for someone else not himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    As I posted be fore after years of time travelers and dimension hoppers Kitty, Bishop, Rachael, Cable, the FF, Kang, Doom, Iron, Man, Dagger and who knows how many others IDK there was reason to suspect one more time travel trip was going to do any more harm.
    Please read Age of Ultron, where Beast knows that one too many time travel trips has weakened the space-time continuum and caused bizarre time quakes, supported by actual energy readings. You might not like it, but it is irrefutable canon. If you want keep denying irrefutable canon, you should maybe limit your conversations to fan fiction sites.

It was more than speculation Storm said flat out she was trying to stop it. Does not take much to see she could only do it for so long.
    There was no mutant civil war to stop unless she or one of her friends was going to start one.

And I repeat for the slower among us that my original statement was there was no plan of personal gain by Beast. He was trying to help Scott. You don't have to agree with the actions or like the outcome but it is right there on the page what he is trying to do. It was for someone else not himself.
    He was trying to "help Scott" by ruining the lives of Scott's younger self, his own younger self, and the younger selves of three of his friends, because he is still so mad that Scott didn't put Hank's needs above those of the entire mutant community that he has driven himself to the point of total delusion, and he's admitted that he would be perfectly fine if the only outcome of his abusing space-time and five innocent teenagers is that it haunts adult Scott to his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeron View Post
    All right thanks. I hope we see it played out at some point instead of hearing about it afterwards, cause it sounds imporant.
    Anytime. I really want to see who it was as well.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-06-2014 at 03:06 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

At this point evacuation is basically a plot hole... they haven't mentioned it even enough to dismiss it. It's like it went in one ear and out the other. It makes everyone in the room look like blood-thirsty monsters which I think is not what Hickman is going for, so, plot hole.

Anyway about those time quakes, I'll start taking them seriously when they start to cause some actual damage. Having the time stream "weaken" because of one too many time travellers doesn't even make any sense to me, tbh. Plus since Beast's little faux pas the brotherhood, future X-Men and Magik have been taking temporal joy rides every other issue. Where's their lectures and why haven't they broken time yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    At this point evacuation is basically a plot hole... they haven't mentioned it even enough to dismiss it. It's like it went in one ear and out the other. It makes everyone in the room look like blood-thirsty monsters which I think is not what Hickman is going for, so, plot hole.

Anyway about those time quakes, I'll start taking them seriously when they start to cause some actual damage. Having the time stream "weaken" because of one too many time travellers doesn't even make any sense to me, tbh. Plus since Beast's little faux pas the brotherhood, future X-Men and Magik have been taking temporal joy rides every other issue. Where's their lectures and why haven't they broken time yet?
    Yeah, it's one thing if time travel is occuring regularly in other books (like Uncanny Avengers). Different books may not necessarily follow what's going on with each other. But Magik is traveling all over the place in the very family of books where Beast did it, so I just can't take it as that serious an issue.

Beast doing something out of sheer spite is for Beast's personal gain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, it's one thing if time travel is occuring regularly in other books (like Uncanny Avengers). Different books may not necessarily follow what's going on with each other. But Magik is traveling all over the place in the very family of books where Beast did it, so I just can't take it as that serious an issue.
    One difference is that I think she has a natural time travel ability where Beast had to use someones time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Please read Age of Ultron, where Beast knows that one too many time travel trips has weakened the space-time continuum and caused bizarre time quakes, supported by actual energy readings. You might not like it, but it is irrefutable canon. If you want keep denying irrefutable canon, you should maybe limit your conversations to fan fiction sites.

There was no mutant civil war to stop unless she or one of her friends was going to start one.

He was trying to "help Scott" by ruining the lives of Scott's younger self, his own younger self, and the younger selves of three of his friends, because he is still so mad that Scott didn't put Hank's needs above those of the entire mutant community that he has driven himself to the point of total delusion, and he's admitted that he would be perfectly fine if the only outcome of his abusing space-time and five innocent teenagers is that it haunts adult Scott to his death.
    No one remember A of U except maybe Sue and Logan everyone else reset. Pym got the Starkpad from Sue telling him what to do. Unless Sue and Logan went around warning about dangers there was no reason for anyone to suspect anything.

No matter who gets credit for starting it they all knew it was coming and were looking for another way. Have fun blaming whoever you want I really don't care but trouble was coming.

Not seeing the ruining since it is repeatedly states the younger self would have the memory of all they learned upon the return.

Fantastic Member

Beast used superior Doom tech. There's nothing wrong with his equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Except they CAN evacuate... that's the point. Black Swan already told them point blank that it's something that's been done to resolve the problem. The Illuminati may be willing to ignore Black Swan when she flat out tells them that it's a viable option (albeit a cowardly one in her flawed perspective), but that doesn't mean the readers have to or should. It's flat out mentioned in the book, so it's fair game.

And we KNOW there are means of doing it. Wanda, Franklin Richards, Lila Chenney, etc. We know it's been done in other worlds and we know that within the marvel 616 there are potential means of achieving it. It's like that old saying where you can lead a camel to water, but you can't make them drink. If Black Swan showed them where the water is and they just didn't bother drinking it, then that's on them.
    Well certainly Earth-616 evacuation is an option, now that so many secrets have been revealed leading to so many events rejigging the lanscape, and the Earth has Broken Space-Time. Sure. Remove the population and put it on a Dyson Sphere or on a Terra Formed Mars. That would certainly change the plot at Marvel for a while. Then everyone can watch Earth-616 destroyed on live TV.

Trolley problem is an old what would you do kind of problem. It got a little trendy after it was referenced in that move with the kids with cancer.
    The Trolley problem is too complicated, as it takes into account a dozen other possibilities for each railman death, left or right. The brain making the decision would have a brain hemorrhage and die at the wheel. Then it is up to fate.

All this exercise tells you is the brain is too distractive a device, and is concerned with abstract concepts way too much. An animal wouldn't have this dilemma at all.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-05-2014 at 09:39 PM.