Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Which Goddess Does Storm Worship?

Gaia?
    Bast?
    Are all Goddesses and Gods one Goddess?
    Is it Rachel the Bright Lady or is that exaggerating Rachel's importance?

Who does she worship? Are the plants part of it?

BANNED

My money is on kali

Only once, in a very recent annual(against Meruda), was she ever named specifically; Gaia. Personally, that doesn't ring true, as that is a Greek name.

Other comics tried to specify her as Oshtur/Ma'at(in those Marvel magic comics with Ashake). That feels better, but overall I think it better to just leave Her as the more general Goddess.

X-MEN226_15b.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

As a sidenote, I'm glad someone in-comics finally told her that when they were "worshiping" teenage her, they were basically humoring her because she was mega-powerful and doing good by them.

I tend to assume the goddess she invokes is just herself. She seems imperious enough.

There were the three aliens/gods from her vision questiness, though, was there? That later became a big Alan Davis X-Men story? I'm not pulling enough of that up in my memory to be sure, but something like that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

Herself, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    There were the three aliens/gods from her vision questiness, though, was there? That later became a big Alan Davis X-Men story? I'm not pulling enough of that up in my memory to be sure, but something like that.
    That was the Trion dimension. They weren't her Goddess(and she usurped their power and fixed their dimension which was being shorn apart from Cyttorak gone wild).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

How many scrubs' universes has Storm saved? If she is the Goddess, she earned it.

Is there an Oshtur school I can send my kids at?

BANNED

The goddess Storm worships cannot be Gaea. Gaea is limited to Earth while Storm's goddess is omnipresent in all spaces in all realities. I'm thinking Storm's goddess is an omniversal entity that has yet to be revealed.

BANNED

Uranus handles the wind part and Gaea the earth, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Uranus handles the wind part and Gaea the earth, right?
    Gaea infused her essence with the planet in its entirety. Also, I kind of remember Storm asking Roma if she, Roma, was the goddess she, Storm, invoked. Roma said "no". In other words, its definitely not Gaea otherwise Ororo would not have asked that of Roma.

BANNED

Storm was worshipping a deity because she thought they gave her powers.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That was the Trion dimension. They weren't her Goddess(and she usurped their power and fixed their dimension which was being shorn apart from Cyttorak gone wild).
    Thank you. Things just weren't coming together in my memory.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The goddess Storm worships cannot be Gaea. Gaea is limited to Earth while Storm's goddess is omnipresent in all spaces in all realities. I'm thinking Storm's goddess is an omniversal entity that has yet to be revealed.
    The goddess Storm worships is revealed. She is Oshtur/Ma'at. Storm's ancestor Ashake (high priestess was shown worshipping Ma'at/Oshtur. Oshtur is Gaea's sister, yet she left earth and became an omniversal entity. Oshtur is one of the Vishanti, one of being Dr. Strange and Magik evoke in their spells.

As for Gaea being Greek, all the classical religions had an Earth Mother goddess. In Marvel Universe Gaea is the Earth mother goddess in all religions. Early on Storm would say gods of the earth and air, so she did worship other gods but prefers to worship the goddess.

BANNED

Think the idea was that the 'Goddess' was to remain unknown because they could always explain it as being a very local deity from rural Kenya if they ever needed to and loose nothing if they ended up revealing that this particular 'Goddess' didn't actually exist.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Only once, in a very recent annual(against Meruda), was she ever named specifically; Gaia. Personally, that doesn't ring true, as that is a Greek name.

Other comics tried to specify her as Oshtur/Ma'at(in those Marvel magic comics with Ashake). That feels better, but overall I think it better to just leave Her as the more general Goddess.

X-MEN226_15b.jpg
    Gaia is the most likely, since she's part of most pantheons and she's related to Storm's powers. However, I think it is even more likely that not even Ororo is sure. She didn't seem to know much about the religion of the Kenian tribe she lived among; they never really worshipped Ororo (they were manipulating her when she thought she was manipulating them); for all we know, they didn't have any goddess and made that up for her.

After being killed by the Adversary and being resurrected by Roma, Ororo asked her directly if she was her Goddess (and Roma found that funny).

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    As a sidenote, I'm glad someone in-comics finally told her that when they were "worshiping" teenage her, they were basically humoring her because she was mega-powerful and doing good by them.

I tend to assume the goddess she invokes is just herself. She seems imperious enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Herself, obviously.
    My theory is that the Kenian tribe that "worshipped" her made that goddess up in order to preted that they believed Ororo to be her. Ororo accepted their made up religion even as she tried to pass for their Goddess.
    Last edited by Habis; 03-17-2016 at 02:15 PM.