Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Does being worshipped by some villagers really make Storm a better, more impressive character? Spectrum gets to knock down Galactus, Blue Marvel gets to move the Moon, Dr. Doom gets to defeat the Beyonders, Reed Richards gets to re-create the Multiverse... Those are the kind of feats that show how great a character in the MU is. How is tricking some villagers into worshipping her something that empower her, when compared to that?

If you were speaking of how Ororo was sidelined from the end of the Diaries of Destiny's arc (2007) to the death of Wolverine (2015), I would understand you point. If you were speaking of how Rachel was sidelined during AvX and in the All-New X-Men title, and has disappeared since Secret Wars, I would understand your point... But do you really think that not being mistaken for a goddess by some people who don't know what a mutant is makes her a less impressive character or detracts from her?
    Storm hosted an M-Body of Eternity and was one of the very few with the spiritual strength to do that. She has fixed dimensions too. In Ages of Apocalypse she evolved into an elemental being.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Please. For thousands of years, huge swathes of the world population has been brainwashed(with violence in many eras/places) that a white man is God. I need not prove there are still racial or gender inequities or prejudices in the world to this day. Even if most people would not admit it, it is certainly a subconscious feature of the global consciousness.
    I didn't ask for nameless "brainwashed" people from thousands of years.

You said

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think some are just disturbed by the idea of a black female being deified. Or of pagan spirituality in general.
    And, I assume you mean that directly in relation to Storm, or why post it in this thread? Someone from a thousand years ago doesn't have any opinion about Storm or her deification in fiction.

You're accusing someone of being sexist, racist, and apparently, religiously bigoted. Those are some big accusations. So, who are you accusing?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm hosted an M-Body of Eternity and was one of the very few with the spiritual strength to do that. She has fixed dimensions too. In Ages of Apocalypse she evolved into an elemental being.
    Yes. And that's exactly the reason not being worshipped by those Kenyans shouldn't be a big deal. Why care about that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Yes. And that's exactly the reason not being worshipped by those Kenyans shouldn't be a big deal. Why care about that?
    It is a big deal because Storm being worshipped by africans has been a part of her like for years before being recruited by Professor X to join the X-men.

BANNED

It's enough of a big deal that some creators felt they "had" to remove it and that many readers feel it was a "slight" against the tribe or Africans in general which is a broad generalization. Speaking for myself, I certainly respect them since she was providing them with an actual product in exchange for their devotion.

Rather interesting how quickly this thread derailed and the discussion now has literally nothing to do with the question asked in the first post.

Anyways, I always figured the Goddess she worshipped was indeed Gaia, since that seemed to make the most sense with what little I knew - since a big part of Storm was her closeness to nature and her connection to the elements, it made sense that it was the Earth itself - Gaia.

However... in the comics, she kept saying "Bright Lady" all the time, as well... and now that you mention her ancestor... yeah, it's not Gaia - it's her SISTER - the Bright Lady.

OSHTUR!

Oshtur, who begat the first Sorcerer Supreme - who wrote the Book of Vishanti, who holds back the dark side of magic, and keeps the Universe itself safe!

She is no longer a Goddess in the strict sense however - she has evolved into something possibly even more powerful, something called a "Principality". Other known Principalities include the rest of the Vishanti, but also beings such as Cyttorak. It is generally believed that Oshtur and her brother Chthon - the creator of The Book of Sins - the Darkhold, are the most powerful of all of the Principalities.

BANNED

Can you draw us a picture of Oshtur? Please? (for free)

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Can you draw us a picture of Oshtur? Please? (for free)
    Hmm... I may well do so, since most of the pictures aren't that good - a bit of amalgamation and extrapolation is in order.

It would be a one-time only thing tho' - these things take time, and cost money.

she worships "bright lady" which is the name rachel took in cable's future. it makes sense considering rachel and storm do NOT get along and rachel was always spiteful about storm not respecting her enough. it's possible that rachel cast herself into storm's past to give storm visions of bright lady and creating a loop where storm was really worshipping rachel this whole time. the ultimate divine payback.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The goddess Storm worships cannot be Gaea. Gaea is limited to Earth while Storm's goddess is omnipresent in all spaces in all realities. I'm thinking Storm's goddess is an omniversal entity that has yet to be revealed.
    Each of those realities has its own "Bright Lady."

But I'm in the Oshtur camp, tbh.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    she worships "bright lady" which is the name rachel took in cable's future. it makes sense considering rachel and storm do NOT get along and rachel was always spiteful about storm not respecting her enough. it's possible that rachel cast herself into storm's past to give storm visions of bright lady and creating a loop where storm was really worshipping rachel this whole time. the ultimate divine payback.
    You go, grrrl! This is my new canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Hmm... I may well do so, since most of the pictures aren't that good - a bit of amalgamation and extrapolation is in order.

It would be a one-time only thing tho' - these things take time, and cost money.
    I'm also asking if you could draw Oshtur.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Rather interesting how quickly this thread derailed and the discussion now has literally nothing to do with the question asked in the first post.

Anyways, I always figured the Goddess she worshipped was indeed Gaia, since that seemed to make the most sense with what little I knew - since a big part of Storm was her closeness to nature and her connection to the elements, it made sense that it was the Earth itself - Gaia.

However... in the comics, she kept saying "Bright Lady" all the time, as well... and now that you mention her ancestor... yeah, it's not Gaia - it's her SISTER - the Bright Lady.

OSHTUR!

Oshtur, who begat the first Sorcerer Supreme - who wrote the Book of Vishanti, who holds back the dark side of magic, and keeps the Universe itself safe!

She is no longer a Goddess in the strict sense however - she has evolved into something possibly even more powerful, something called a "Principality". Other known Principalities include the rest of the Vishanti, but also beings such as Cyttorak. It is generally believed that Oshtur and her brother Chthon - the creator of The Book of Sins - the Darkhold, are the most powerful of all of the Principalities.
    Exactly plus oshtur is the goddess of the sky and air was her representative element something storm has direct connection to. Also it has been implied that storm might be a physical manifestation of the goddess herself seeing as she storm shares the same ability as oshtur to get even more power through worshipers and prayers.
    Also hadari yao is said to keep the balance of all natural things which is order itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'm also asking if you could draw Oshtur.
    That depends she doesn't have a definite appearance but she has appeared to look similar to storm and has on occasion also been a pale woman with raven black hair. But I think the storm look is more accurate as she blessed storm's bloodline with the white hair and blue eyes.

Amazing Member

I’m pretty sure Marvel stated that she prays to multiple deities. I think Storm, and her mom side of the family, worships Osthur. But there are times where she prayed to Gaia and Bast as well (which makes sense to me personally, but I guess it’s a matter of preference).

Also, I don’t think there is anything that states she only worships one god.