Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default C2E2: Marvel and Bendis Considering "Jessica Jones" Comic Series; Talk of Kate Bishop "Hawkeye"

At the All-New All-Different panel, Marvel said they've been thinking of giving Jessica Jones her own comic again.

Full article here.

I'm sort of surprised they haven't given her one already given the attention the Net Flicks show got.

I wonder if they're not just waiting for Bendis to get around to it, as the guys always so busy doing so many books at once.

All-New Member

Supergirl TV show announced and it was article after article of how dumb DC was for not having a Supergirl comic. Jessica Jones is released and still nothing on the horizon for months but oh hey it's Marvel it's cool! It'll be really good when it comes out in a few years.

I'm slightly surprised a Kate Bishop Hawkeye solo is such a definite thing. Hawkeye doesn't exactly move a massive amount of units. Fraction's run had it's little niche and critical acclaim, and the All New stuff with Lemire isn't bad either, but they aren't such massive successes at the cash register that I would think, yeah, the market needs two separate Hawkeye books.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

*screams ecstatically*
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Would buy.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I would buy the crap out of a Kate Bishop ongoing. I like her a lot more than Clint, and I feel there's a few ways to go about it. The hobo route of fraction would be okay, but I think something similar to the recent Batgirl run would work better, and it'd actually make sense for Kate. Plus, obvious the Tumblr crowd would be into it, which'd help with digital sales. I just want her to chill with Cassie Lang again

With Jessica Jones... eh. I'd read it, but I wouldn't mind if it didn't happen. Now if we got a new Heroes for Hire series, starring Jess and another female character, that'd be better. I feel like maybe Bendis would write Jess more like her Netflix version, and her sheer assholery is something I can only take in limited quantities. And if she is just comic Jess, I don't find comic Jess that interesting on her own after Alias. She had some good moments, but I think she needs another character to play off as well.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 03-20-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Good maybe he'll finally be off Guardians. Street level writers should stick to what their best at.

Name the new series "Jessica Jones". Might as well capitalize on the show to the max.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Name the new series "Jessica Jones". Might as well capitalize on the show to the max.
    Perhaps even, Marvel Max? Hahaha

I'd like to see Kate Bishop return to her roots as a general weapons master by becoming a purple Ronin. No need to have two Hawkeye solos when a perfectly good identity is just waiting for someone to finally own it.

And yes, more Jessica Jones, please!

Kate Bishop essentially already has a solo comic with Lemire writing. It has been the all Kate show and it's very annoying.

Not that I hate Kate quite the opposite in fact I just had when she has no flaws while Clint is failing at literally everything he does in that book.

As for another run with Jessica? Yes please.

While I'm excited at the prospect of a new Jessica Jones series, I really hope that the Luke/Danielle thing is kept to a minimum. That kid was the worst thing ever to happen to the character and also we don't need two PI comics about mothers named Jessica. Oh, and don't do Killgrave again either.

I'd be all for this. I really enjoyed the Jessica Jones series. I won't say it's as good as Daredevil, but it was solid all around and definitely raised the profile of the character. I think with another season on the horizon, it's a perfect time to give her a new series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Am I the only one firmly against Jessica Jones getting another series? I quite like the idea of her retiring and going off and just being a mom. Too few heroes get the happy ending and she really deserves it.