Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile Scarlet witch #4 (breakdown & spoilers)!

The 4th Issue of Scarlet Witch Written By James Robinson and Drawn by Chris Visions & Steve Dillon Officially Came-Out and here is a Breakdown of the Story and as the Title of the Thread said, SPOILER WARNING!!!

SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SP OILERS!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!SP OILERS!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

- We Open with our Wanda meeting a Young Women that both Look’s allot like our Wanda and Goes by the Wanda’s hero name as well, The Scarlet Witch but of another Time from the past!

- The Past Scarlet Witch’s Name is Natalya Maximoff and it is revealed by Agatha that this lady is Wanda’s………..Real Mother!!!

- Agatha explains to Wanda in the past Wanda was not ready to know who her real mother was and asks Wanda to not reveal their relationship to Natalya for both damage to the timeline or if she is a Ghost it to shock her. But Natalya has this strange and strong connection to Wanda while they are together on The Witches’ Road Together.

- Both ladies go on a Walk wondering why Natalya is here and Natalya Explains that she is The Scarlet Witch of her time, but operates in the shadows so History does not know of her name. During this Time they come across another Irish Entity and Natalya defeats it easy and after it was revealed this beast was the reason Natalya was brought to that time and with its defeat she fades away, but not before realizing the True Relationship between her and Wanda!

- It is then Revealed by Agatha that Wanda was NOT the 1st Scarlet Witch and that there has been a FAMILY LEGACY of Scarlet Witch’s Threw out time that have taken the mantle of the Name! Wanda said the name just came to her after her powers manifested, but never knew it was by design and legacy that it came to her!

- After this encounter Agatha sees a past battle of old Ireland where she realizes WHO might be behind this and it is indeed her worst fears being Dane Declan, The Emerald Warlock and a Former Friend of Agatha!

- Declan Gives a Classic Long-Winded Villain Speech that he as we know was bashed by an ancient Group of Wizards, both him and his family in the past from Ireland for trying to take it Over! But since then, Declan KILLED his own brothers for their power and KILLED all the ancestors of the Wizard Group that banished him so the spell over Ireland they cast can be lifted to allow him to return to Ireland once more and get his Revenge on it!

- Declan is Aging Wanda at this point to kill her as she is his last obstacle in victory. Wanda’s connect to all of this is just Declan being interested in her, but not he has grown tired of her and means to kill Wanda once and for All!!!

- BUT, our Wanda has NO part in this and being as Smart and Clever of a Lady as we know Wanda is she was leading Declan while he gave his Speech BACK to the Part of The Witches’ Road that was of The Female Goddesses and Help to both Heal Wanda and Power Her Up!

- Wanda is able to defeat Declan but he is able with the last of his power get away and declares Wanda in the past Never Really had an Arch Enemy, but Wanda Does Now with The Emerald Warlock!

- Wanda goes back to the Dublin Airport and says to Agatha both her and Declan will me again in battle but the outcome is not certain. Also it is shown allot of crows are flying around the airport and are said by Wanda to be connected to an Irish Tale of them being connect to Banshees and the Coming-Of-Death!

The End of Issue #4!!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

As always I Enjoyed this issue, ALLOT of World Building with major recon’s happening still to Wanda’s backstory and giving her a Female Hero Legacy Name! I Found that Awesome and a Cool and honestly Great Idea by Robinson, but still the sting of the Recon from AXIS is still there so I am mixed still to greatly, but Robinson does a good job with his legacy building of our Wanda In spite of that.

The Art fit well with The Witches’ Road and the building to the Declan Battle was nicely done. Now we go into the Next Arc of the book and it will be interesting where Robinson will take this story from here!

Now it is Your Turn, Give us your Opinion on Issue #4 and Please Share and Respect others opinions, Enjoy!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

1. This is Wanda's fourth mother. Before this, there was Marya Maximoff, Miss America, and Magda.
    2. It was previously believed that Magneto called Wanda Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    1. This is Wanda's fourth mother. Before this, there was Marya Maximoff, Miss America, and Magda.
    2. It was previously believed that Magneto called Wanda Scarlet Witch.
    Actually the Villagers trying to kill her, called her Scarlet Witch

I was not a fan of this issue. It was messy imo. Also not a fan of the Natalya (how is she a Maximoff?) thing or the sudden retcon about her name. It's a nice idea if all continuity is ignored. Which, ignoring continuity seems like the key thing to enjoying this book - an observation made by someone else which I'm coming to agree with. Honestly the farther this book goes in retooling Wanda's history the more it's going to push me away as a reader. I still really hate the AXIS retcon and anything that tried to legitimize it.

Mighty Member

The Wundagore origin story in Avengers in the 80's drawn by Byrne was a beautiful well thought out tale, the Evolutionary retcon makes a big mess and throws everything by the window and now Robinson seems to be convoluting things even more, ugh!
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

As much as I've been loving this series, this retcon is turning me away. What does this even mean for Pietro if they're from some long line of witches? How and why would the High Evolutionary make a witch who's already from a family of witches? This is making things even more convoluted than I thought possible.

Couldn't they just reveal that Marya Maximoff was secretly a witch or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    As much as I've been loving this series, this retcon is turning me away. What does this even mean for Pietro if they're from some long line of witches? How and why would the High Evolutionary make a witch who's already from a family of witches? This is making things even more convoluted than I thought possible.
    I agree. Honestly, at this point, I kind of wish that it would turn out that Pietro actually still is Magneto's son and Wanda isn't really his sister just so at least one of the characters' history can be salvaged. Wanda's backstory is just getting worse and worse.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

This is Kind of my ordeal with the whole point of the story as well;

On the Main hand the Sting and Complete Recon of the Magnus Family still is a hard pill to swallow and I still think most of it will be subdued in time back to point. That is what reading that both painful and interesting as the sametime. Robinson is only the storyteller, working with what he has been given and most likely told the new status quo and to work with that. When you leave out the AXIS recon, it is a Clever and Awesome Story to have such a legacy for Wanda and the Name Scarlet Witch. But then when you par it with the Recon it has that sad sting to it, one that we can only see in time where it all leads too.

For me I give credit where it is due to creative mytho building towards the writer who has to work with what is given at the time. But also in realizations of what was lost and the still controversy that is greatly justified due to the level hard and not very well thought out change it brought.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!