• Legends of Tomorrow

2 3.51%
  • Gotham

6 10.53%
  • Supergirl

10 17.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Favorite Current DC TV Show

What is your favorite current DC tv show?

I'm torn between the flash and gotham, but I think I slightly prefer the flash.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    I'm torn between the flash and gotham, but I think I slightly prefer the flash.
    I had the same dilemma and final preference myself. Fan of all of them, BTW, including Lucifer and izombie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I had the same dilemma and final preference myself. Fan of all of them, BTW, including Lucifer and izombie.
    Yeah, why can't there be an "all of the above" .

BANNED

The Flash - Phenomenal.
    Arrow - Easily the worst comic book show on television right now.
    Legends of Tomorrow - Started off poor, still a bit silly, but overall very good.
    Gotham - Horrible treatment of female characters and the wackiness made me drop it entirely.
    Supergirl - It was great but too happy for me. I prefer heaviness in my shows. Though I might try it again, only saw 2 episodes.

Haven't watched Lucifer or iZombie and I don't plan to even though I've heard good things. I have too many shows on my plate.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Flash is easily the best.

Gotham is THE worst. These guys never seemed to "get" Batman and don't even do a good police procedural like Gotham Central. Sad all around.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I like the Flash and Gotham the best. I still get mad at the liberties the CW takes to create soap-opera melodrama on the show, but the cooler moments make up for it. I'm a few episodes behind but the recently introduced Thawne is perfect and seeing him next to the Flash, knowing they were about to begin a long rivalry, was awesome. So was seeing Barry and Jay both pay homage to The Flash of Two Worlds.

Gotham I like because we rarely get insight into Bruce's upbringing, and the show is surprisingly good at showing the backstory of the villains without going too far with it for the most part. It definitely takes liberties, but I ask myself: if this were an elseworlds or stand-alone backstory in graphic novel form, would I consider it a good and worthy addition to the Batman mythology? And I think the answer is probably yes. Fish is a great character and the Falcone-Maroni war also makes Gotham feel like a place with history and a criminal element that predates Batman, and I like that. Alfred is very Year One, I like him as well. Bullock is a bit much at times but I'd rather have him there than not. Jim is probably my least favorite part of the whole thing, he's very one-note and seems less compassionate and more obsessive & coercive than I'd imagine a young Jim Gordon to be.

Legends of Tomorrow seems okay, I enjoyed the crossover but haven't checked out the show due to my gripes with Arrow and dislike of how Cold/Heat Wave are portrayed.

I'll check out Supergirl and hope it isn't overly CWish.

Arrow is awful. Elements of it were good but they just weren't enough. Love triangles and melodramatic revelations at every turn. And most of all, a Green Arrow that is nothing like Green Arrow. Instead he's just Batman with a bow, and it's just sad that a rich character who stands out as the street level character most different to Batman in personality and ideological conviction is stripped of that. "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY." Shut the fuck up dude. You're supposed to be helping the downtrodden, not gassing people protesting at a bank and acting like the position of coveted heir of Ra's Al Ghul isn't already filled.

Arrow (none of the shows have been near as good as season 2, and season 4 has been better than any of the other current seasons. Felicity and Oliver's fluctuating power levels are the only annoying part now.)>Legends (It's fun but the overarching plot is weak and there are some major weak links in the cast)>Flash (the show has sadly gotten quite stupid this year, I can barely stand Barry and his constant selfishness/stupidity by this point. Tom Cavanagh is still superb though and I have hopes it can rebound.)>Supergirl (fun and I enjoy it each week, but not something I plan to watch again). I don't watch Gotham anymore, heard it got good in year 2.

Also CW's Oliver Queen is nothing personality wise like Batman. He isn't anything like old school comics Oliver either (he's got some similarities to Grell's Green Arrow but it's those traits people complain are like Batman), and the show steals a ton of Batman plots and villains (which I think it is fine to complain about) but the personalities are completely different. To quote myself from another site:

"Oliver's driven by an almost obsessive compulsive need to help (the father thing hasn't mattered for years), Batman is driven by guilt and revenge due to his parent's murder. Oliver is extremely hot headed and reckless, Bruce is cold and calculating. Oliver is also significantly more controlled by his emotions in general. Oliver is able to move on from grief and loss, Bruce isn't. Oliver still values his life as Oliver Queen, Bruce doesn't value his private life. Oliver still has hope for his own future beyond the crusade, Bruce doesn't. Oliver also much more easily opens up emotionally to people and is much more trusting. The only extreme similarity is both are control freaks but that is true in the comics anyway.

I swear people who say they are the same either don't read Batman, don't watch the show or can't look beyond the superficial similarities."
    Last edited by dan12456; 03-17-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Supergirl is my favorite, and the best out of them all imo. The show feels like Flash season 1.

Arrow on the other hand, the story is just awful. And Amell is the worst lead actor out of them all.

Definitely Flash and Gotham.

I know some don't like gotham but I understand that the characters are never going to be completely like their comicbook versions and have loved it since. I enjoyed the ending of the latest episode with bruces decision, hes on the road to becoming something great. Very happy to see season 3 got announced.

And I love the mystery of the flash. So many questions and look forward to seeing the revelations. Probably my favorite show on tv at the moment.

Toss up between LoT and Gotham for me. LoT is a bit cheesy and some of the dialogue can get pretty bad but it's exactly what I expect from a pulpy over the top superhero team show. Gotham like some others I've pretty much learned to accept it as it's own thing (basically a Batman-less Gotham city) and season 2 has been a big improvement over the first.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I swear people who say they are the same either don't read Batman, don't watch the show or can't look beyond the superficial similarities."
    Motivations are not the same thing as personalities.

Batman is stoic, generally apolitical, meticulous in his planning, has trust issues, and is the undisputed boss of his team. That's Oliver on the show.

Destroyer Of Evil Reverse Batman's Avatar

Talking Yeah, First Post

I'm really into The Flash, Green Arrow, and trying to see where Super Girl is gonna take me. Each week I'm getting less and less interested in LoT. That's mainly do to the poor writing (plots) and bad acting. I can't get into Gotham because I know I'll never see actual Batman on there.

Retired

I didn't come back to ARROW and GOTHAM for this season--but I might binge watch them in the summer. I just finished binge watching SUPERGIRL so I'm up to speed for the Flash crossover--it does a good imitation of a CW show that isn't on CW. LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is rapidly improving, but THE FLASH is still the most dependable show. Even when an episode is weak, there's still lots of good things to enjoy--namely the STAR labs bunch.

I love them all. For favorite... i'm a bit torn between Flash and Supergirl.

Right now... I think i'm giving the nod to Supergirl. That last episode was phenomenal!